11 people like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by 360Capitalist 2015-06-07 23:50

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-05-28 18:33 | Report Abuse

Haha!

You should have seen even further back in time. I warned you about selling Mudajaya and switch to Mulpha. I also warn about oil palm counter like Jtiasa being hit by shale oil soon. Only I didn't expect the total carnage later. All who took my warnings on both oil and oil palm counters escaped big losses subsequently.

Anyway, I appreciate your postings. You have lots of valuable experience that newbies can learn from. So just continue.

One thing I need to caution you. At the moment both Vs and Latitude are still at all time high. You should try to sell and take profit while prices are still good. Rotate into other undervalue stocks. You can then protect your winnings and do more charity work especially for deserving Chinese who are disadvantaged in the Malaysian Education System.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-05-28 18:43 | Report Abuse

Oh, Uncle is a speculator...haha

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2015-05-28 18:48 | Report Abuse

80% of your articles are nothing but full of sh*t
good luck to you, 双面人

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-05-28 18:52 | Report Abuse

Ah Koon treat you like dirt...want you to listen to his ego maniac....command you to buy vs and latitud

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-05-28 18:54 | Report Abuse

Supermax? 5 years ago lah ah koon....still telling grandpa story ah

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-28 19:47 | Report Abuse

Pls,pls buy vs n latitude fm my wife n i...we owned 15m shares....we bought cheap cheap....pls buy high high fm us

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-28 19:49 | Report Abuse

How many more threads u wanna open to promote vs n latitude?10?100??dear admin,can u do something??

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-05-28 20:12 | Report Abuse

No wonder yesterday ah koon promote hi self as forbes ge nerous billioinare...want to dump vs and latitud .....warren buffet dont 'koon'

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-28 21:06 | Report Abuse

Ytd did some advertising jobs first...today come out to do sales

kingcobra

2,772 posts

Posted by kingcobra > 2015-05-28 21:25 | Report Abuse

murali, can u tell us why gave all sorts of sarcastic remarks?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-28 21:30 | Report Abuse

Suggest to go thru his thread dated 02 mac...under the title of my response to comments...happy reading..

Posted by Christensen > 2015-05-28 22:34 | Report Abuse

All cursing comment is too repetitive until I dun pay an attention to them
however they will be outweighted by a nicely written article anytime

Posted by bettersafe > 2015-05-29 05:11 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon has a proven track record of generosity as well as successful stock picking which few in country can match. Some critics here may have lost money due to timing or other issues but that's no reason to condemn or criticize him.

Posted by kiasutrader1 > 2015-05-29 10:24 | Report Abuse

Before anyone criticise Mr Koon, One should consider the facts. First of all, all companies involved in the O&G industry will have their earnings impacted this year and possibly the next. FAVCO is selling O&G Cranes of Offshore Exploration & Production (ask yourself, will this business expand this year and the next?). The remainder of the order book is from the shipyard, construction and turbine industry. Purchase orders have a lead time of about 2 years, which means that income can only be generated in 2 years time after receiving an order which is normal as no one will pay any money if the product is not ready yet. Hence for FAVCO to be successful, they must continue to get new orders faster than the previous years to do better this year than last year. In this regard, FAVCO have only RM967 Million which is 13.1% lower than RM1.1B for the same period last year. So if the core component of your business is NOT generating new orders, what will happen in the near future? Common sense will tell you that if you are selling in a market that no one wants (eg NOKIA Handphones as opposed to Smart phones), your business will suffer. Bankers and Analysts always base their assessment on past achievements and results, like as though that the norm will last forever. Unfortunately, after spending more than 35 years in the finance industry, I personally have seen how this thinking is flawed. I applaud Mr Koon for writing this article as I believe that many new Investors will gain from his input of using your common sense to invest! If anyone have lost money because of what Mr Koon wrote, it is their fault because NO ONE forced you to invest and NO ONE forced you to sell to cut loss. Think about that before you write anything disparaging about any contributions from anyone here. One must learn how to AGREE to DISAGREE and that is the way to succeed in life, not shouting your mouth off without any backing of the facts of the matter.

speakup

25,088 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-05-29 10:43 | Report Abuse

when you FEAR, it is time to BUY
- Warren Buffet

AdCool

3,859 posts

Posted by AdCool > 2015-05-29 11:01 | Report Abuse

My opinion is more to stay off those counters which have already appreciated a lot. With the impending of US interest increase, the current high price may not be able to sustain once the big funds pull out from Asia markets.

Posted by Tey Tian Foo > 2015-05-29 11:38 | Report Abuse

Good write up. Thanks Mr Koon

babu

326 posts

Posted by babu > 2015-05-29 16:41 | Report Abuse

The older you are, the more you must ensure credibility - look at the ongoing spat between Najib and Mahathir and you will understand why credibility .......... who will believe you, what you say anymore ?

longvalley

2,287 posts

Posted by longvalley > 2015-05-29 19:15 | Report Abuse

tq.
Mr Koon
Good ideas.
I ' ll aply in Malakof and nexgram

cbbk

3 posts

Posted by cbbk > 2015-05-29 20:42 | Report Abuse

Many years ago, i read an article in thestar and i'm very respectful of this kind old man.
http://www.thestar.com.my/story/?file=%2F2010%2F2%2F23%2Fnation%2F5726234

Today, i google up to confirm the vague memory of this generous old man with Mr Koon.

You might be very famous around, but sincerely i'm new here and this is my first time reading about your stock investment article.

Thank you Mr Koon for what you have done to the society and your stock investment advice. I admire your generosity.
May you have the very best in health to continue your benevolent act.

Posted by allhafiez87 > 2015-06-02 17:05 | Report Abuse

How cheap is cheap? The PE Ratio range?

Posted by leecheecheang > 2015-06-03 13:29 | Report Abuse

mr khoon is a fantastic teacher. the power to foresee.

Posted by 360Capitalist > 2015-06-07 23:50 | Report Abuse

BintaI : A good case study for 2 school of thoughts in Winning Stock Selection Criterias
( Koon Yew Yin Vs KCCHongNZ )
Koon Yew Yin : http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/77571.jsp Vs
KCChongNZ : http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/77884.jsp

Post a Comment
Market Buzz