9 people like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by Wenyee Chuan 2015-10-11 12:17

Posted by citychew_1886 > 2015-08-30 07:29 | Report Abuse

Hi Richeho , yes ,high dividend always be the safe net for us ,especially in the unstable market just like now .
and may i know what is the difference between private placement and right issue ? are they the same ? many thnks .

RicheHo

135 posts

Posted by RicheHo > 2015-08-30 11:50 | Report Abuse

Hi citychew_1886, private placement was issued to third parties by the company itself, normally is up to 10% of the paid up share capital. Right issue was for public shareholders like us. For example if the company has 100m paid up share capital, when its declare right issues 1:1, that's mean they will issue another 100m share capital. Public shareholders are entitle to this and basically they are "force" to subscribe, else they can choose to dispose it before the ex-date.

Both private placement and right issue had the same objective, to raise fund. Hope its help.

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2015-08-30 12:53 | Report Abuse

I wish you can knock your ideas into some CEO's head.
They sit on piles of cash and use them for their own amenities but refuse to pay dividend to shareholders!
What an immoral white-collar cheat!

Posted by citychew_1886 > 2015-08-30 17:42 | Report Abuse

ok, now i get it , thanks so much Richeho .

ykloh

508 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2015-08-31 00:42 | Report Abuse

I am not too sure if now is the right time to go into reits. Property prices are falling due to oversupply and revaluation losses are to be expected. In addition, rental is at best flattish and not much earning growth in the medium term. Most reits are geared to about 50% and if interest rates are increased, earnings will be severely affected.

calvintaneng

53,241 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-31 01:05 | Report Abuse

THE ONLY THING OF VALUE IS FOUND IN SECONDARY PROPERTY MARKET OF JOHOR

These are the Current Prices of Houses in KL, Selangor, Penang & Kuching

Low Cost House - Rm350,000
Single Storey House - Rm500,000
Double Storey House - Rm1 million

These are the current price of 2nd hand houses in Iskandar

1) Low Cost house - Rm50,000
2) Single Storey house - Rm190,000
3) Double Storey house - Rm290,000

There is an Upsurge of demand for rental houses in Johor due to overwhelming demand. The yield is over 8% to 20% easily. So go for landed houses in Iskandar when they are still Dirt Cheap!

Posted by Fund_Manager > 2015-08-31 01:58 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng, why are you promoting Iskandar so hard? Do you receive commission for this? Or you have invested too much money into Iskandar?

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2015-08-31 06:41 | Report Abuse

Buy no brainer share with a premoum in SGX and keep. This, we can recoup the devalued Ringgit and make a profit. Mr Calvin care to recommend a few of Singapore stocks?

calvintaneng

53,241 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-31 09:56 | Report Abuse

Good morning from Calvin Tan from Jurong West, Singapore

Fund_Manager,

Just before the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997 I visited Perth in Australia. There was a property boom in both KL & Singapore then while Australia was in a recession.

My tourist guide bought a bungalow in Perth for only A$120K. It is freehold with 6,000 sq ft land. At the same time my HDB Flat (4 rooms) has appreciated to S$300K.

I could have sold the HDB Flat and bought 2 Bungalows in Perth with Extra A$69K then. Exchange rate then was One Sing Dollar for One Aussie Dollar.

Fast forward to today. The HDB Flat in Spore now worth S$500K But the Aussie Bungalow has skyrocketed to A$1.5 Millions.

So I SEE the same opportunity now in Iskandar just like the year 1997 when Perth's properties were going for a song.

Nokenzo

I like Singpost in SGX. Singpost is recession proof. It is also a monopoly. And it has upgraded into e commerce and distribution of goods. It is also linked with Alibaba of China. Both are taking away sales from Parkson. Best of all Singpost gives dividends several times a year.

Another very good one is Shengsiong.
Shengsiong will benefit greatly when the Malaysian Authority impose Vehicle Entry Fee for Spore Cars this coming September 2015. They will shop in ShengSiong for all supermarket needs.

Shengsiong is hands on & value add to their business. They are even willing to do the dirty and messy job of buying a whole cow. Cut it into pieces and sell them at higher profit of up to 50% more.

My neighbour who operates a mini market said that wherever ShengSiong opens a supermarket nearby all mini mart will have to close shop as ShengSiong can even sell below their purchase price.

Why is it so?

Because every day hundreds of lorries are bringing in goods for ShengSiong from Malaysia. As ShengSiong buys in bulk they get the lowest price for all their products.

hsteoh56

50 posts

Posted by hsteoh56 > 2015-08-31 11:52 | Report Abuse

hello! Mr Calvintaneng, my house in Tiram will be vacant by the end of next month, if you have ready customers want 2 rent a house there, please email me hsteoh56@gmail.com for further details. Thank you.

calvintaneng

53,241 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-31 12:01 | Report Abuse

hsteoh56

Please sms me at 0146101668

House address and how much you want to rent the house for.

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2015-08-31 13:17 | Report Abuse

Mr Calvin, thank you very much.

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-08-31 16:35 | Report Abuse

One thing is to avoid falling into dividend traps. Some companies show high yields because their share price has been falling perhaps due to some fundamental problem. Its also important to look at the cash holding of the company and the dibidend payout ratio. If cash holding is low and company is paying out more than earnings, it will likely cut its dividend in future. Look for companies with stable earnings and stable payout ratios. Also look for companies that grow their dividend payments.

Posted by I_like_dividend > 2015-09-01 06:08 | Report Abuse

Media Prima ranked no 2 with DY 10.48% is very good buy now with latest EPS 3.96sen and 3 sen dividend next week.

Posted by Wenyee Chuan > 2015-10-11 12:17 | Report Abuse

hi dear richeho, may i know is there any effect on dividend if the company earnings decrease? since u say that dividend only depend on company earnings. For example, a company gv a dividend of 6%, will it be forever 6% no matter how low the earnings of that company.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz