5 people like this.

19 comment(s). Last comment by paperplane2016 2016-12-06 06:43

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2015-10-06 22:14 | Report Abuse

Possible Econbhd like PTaRas in future?keke..

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-10-06 22:15 | Report Abuse

Ha ha I am just about to ask the same question

Got little bit of econpile also

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2015-10-06 22:18 | Report Abuse

That why I buy first keep for 10 years no need to everyday heart attack...lol.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-10-06 22:22 | Report Abuse

my analysis shows that econpile is not a dividend stock, but it can double very soon

XD

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2015-10-07 08:50 | Report Abuse

Yup icon bro, Hopefully can double soon ...kekeke

cefiro22

383 posts

Posted by cefiro22 > 2015-10-07 10:25 | Report Abuse

Pintaras has "made good" from it's early days about 10 years ago when it started making good money and had a commendable strong cash balance sheet, but paid poor dividends. Now it has become quite generous in its dividend pay out. Keck Seng on the other hand seems to be "the opposite". ...Yet to follow the example set by Pintaras Jaya. Keck Seng prefers to hoard and hoard cash in Sing$ and USD.

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2015-10-07 14:26 | Report Abuse

Mr Kcchongnz, thanks for the analysis, however with all due respect your sharing should move on from merely sharing DCF, DDM, ROIC theory to actual stocks in Bursa that have good cash flows, substantial margin of safety etc - a shortlist so to speak, and then move to do a crowd-sourced analysis - I'm sure there will be willing participants in this endeavour. Where you will have active critiques and debates on the financial statements, assumptions made etc

Take it to the next level.

That is where you will be a true champion of the people, Malaysia's very own Value Investing guru.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-07 15:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by valuelurker > Oct 7, 2015 02:26 PM | Report Abuse
Mr Kcchongnz, thanks for the analysis, however with all due respect your sharing should move on from merely sharing DCF, DDM, ROIC theory to actual stocks in Bursa that have good cash flows, substantial margin of safety etc - a shortlist so to speak, and then move to do a crowd-sourced analysis - I'm sure there will be willing participants in this endeavour. Where you will have active critiques and debates on the financial statements, assumptions made etc
Take it to the next level.
That is where you will be a true champion of the people, Malaysia's very own Value Investing guru.

I am just a small time investor. But I do know something about finance and investing, whether theoretically, or practically, or like some businessmen. So I try to cari makan by teaching those who wish to learn about fundamental investing. I have a little record in i3investor in investing results. In case anyone ridicules me about bullshitting, I can pull those out to make a defense. I am no analyst. Hence I am not in a position to be like any of them, nor to provide anyone with analysis and making recommendations of stock purchase. I a not good at that, although i often share my thoughts in i3investor.

Are my sharing on DCF, DDM, ROIC all merely theories, and no practical use? Can't theory be used in practice. so what others use for practice? Aren't my sharing of theories below used for real stocks in Bursa? i thought I have been doing it all the time.

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-10-07 18:38 | Report Abuse

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. I strongly agree on this quote from Benjamin Franklin.

I did benefited a lot from Mr. Chong's course.

I would recommend this course to all who want to learn the Value Investing - the most essential skills in this bursa jungle.

Buffett think the very term 'value investing' is redundant. What is 'investing' if it is not the act of seeking value at least sufficient to justify the amount paid? Consciously paying more for a stock than its calculated value - in the hope that it can soon be sold for a still-higher price - should be labelled speculation (which is neither illegal, immoral nor - in our view - financially fattening).

Newbhere

47 posts

Posted by Newbhere > 2015-10-08 14:10 | Report Abuse

Hi KC, based on the formula and example you quoted above for DDM, am I right to say that if we substitute the Div amount with EPS, this would then equate to a DCF computation? Both DDM and DCF uses mostly the same data.

On a side note, it would be great if we could have write-ups on Industry plays, cyclical plays, penny stock plays.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-08 15:15 | Report Abuse

Posted by Newbhere > Oct 8, 2015 02:10 PM | Report Abuse
Hi KC, based on the formula and example you quoted above for DDM, am I right to say that if we substitute the Div amount with EPS, this would then equate to a DCF computation? Both DDM and DCF uses mostly the same data.

I started the article with this quote below which is self-explanatory.

“A stock dividend is something tangible-it is not earnings projection; it is something solid, in hand. A stock dividend is a true return on the investment. Everything else is hope and speculation.”

"On a side note, it would be great if we could have write-ups on Industry plays, cyclical plays, penny stock plays."

Sorry, I am not an analyst, or someone peddling stocks here, but merely sharing some thoughts about investing. I don't play play here.

Newbhere

47 posts

Posted by Newbhere > 2015-10-08 16:27 | Report Abuse

KC, I understand what the articles says. But a straightforward reply on whether DPS can be replaced with EPS to change DDM to DCF wouldn't have been too difficult?

On the 2nd suggestion, it is okay for you to share your experience on the banking, oil and gas, plantation, industrial or any other sectors you are familiar with. I am not asking for tips, punt strategies or a doctorate write-up. Just merely your past and current experience and future expectation. It is okay to just say you are busy or you are not interested in writing such articles at this time. Cheers and take it easy.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-08 16:42 | Report Abuse

Posted by Newbhere > Oct 8, 2015 04:27 PM | Report Abuse

"KC, I understand what the articles says. But a straightforward reply on whether DPS can be replaced with EPS to change DDM to DCF wouldn't have been too difficult?"

No, that would not be difficult at all. But it has not much use to you since you don't need to think.

"On the 2nd suggestion, it is okay for you to share your experience on the banking, oil and gas, plantation, industrial or any other sectors you are familiar with. I am not asking for tips, punt strategies or a doctorate write-up. Just merely your past and current experience and future expectation. It is okay to just say you are busy or you are not interested in writing such articles at this time. Cheers and take it easy."

No, I am not good at those as I am just an ordinary investor.

Newbhere

47 posts

Posted by Newbhere > 2015-10-08 17:02 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC for your sense of sarcasm and effort in replying to my simple request and suggestion. An ordinary investor wouldn't have bothered to write so many articles in I3 and even offer to educate interested people in value investing. I am disappointed. But let's move on, as neither of us have any real obligation to one another.

Posted by james_owk > 2015-10-10 22:48 | Report Abuse

Hi KC, thanks for the sharing, its very informative! btw wondering what is your view on their low order book as most of their projects are at tail end?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-11 07:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by james_owk > Oct 10, 2015 10:48 PM | Report Abuse
Hi KC, thanks for the sharing, its very informative! btw wondering what is your view on their low order book as most of their projects are at tail end?

James, this article is about the dividend discount model, using Pintaras as an example. It is not about recommending to buy Pintaras or sell it.

It isn't about how much is the order book for the coming year, or the next couple of years. Definitely the sum of discounted future dividends which gives its intrinsic value is not about its predicted profit for the next quarter, or next year, or the next two years. Anyway, I don't have to predictive power, although i acknowledge that the order book for this year will probably will be less, and so is its profit and cash flows and free cash flows.

But study carefully the dividend discount model,are the earnings for the next year, or next couple years an input in the model? To put it more specifically, are the dividends for next year, or next couple of year have a significant effect on its intrinsic value?

Not unless if you are speculating, not investing, for its profit growth for the next quarter, the two quarters after that, or one or two years.

Well, I never say one cant make big money speculating.

svet

1 posts

Posted by svet > 2016-12-05 22:38 | Report Abuse

Hi KC. I was informed that I can reach out to you to learn about investing strategies. There was an email address, but the mail was returned.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-05 22:41 | Report Abuse

Posted by svet > Dec 5, 2016 10:38 PM | Report Abuse
Hi KC. I was informed that I can reach out to you to learn about investing strategies. There was an email address, but the mail was returned.

email me at ckc13invest@gmail.com

paperplane2016

21,613 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-12-06 06:43 | Report Abuse

Seriously, this guy self contradict. He said he never recommend any stock. But when he show his results on all these stocks, is it not he is showing his stocks pick?..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz