Posted by 10bagger10 > 2016-07-09 23:49 | Report Abuse

Sifu jtiasa wtk still intact?

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-09 23:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by 10bagger10 > Jul 9, 2016 11:49 PM | Report Abuse

Sifu jtiasa wtk still intact?

Yes!

La Nina on track. World floods will cause soy & palm prices to spike. Current soy meal sell down due to death of China farm animals using less feed meal.

So just buy on weakness & average down slowly.

cloudtrip

55 posts

Posted by cloudtrip > 2016-07-10 00:13 | Report Abuse

Why ask Holland Sifu, You may hold his recommendation for more than 2-3 years to break even.

Posted by Ahbeng Beng > 2016-07-10 02:20 | Report Abuse

What is iskandar current yr population?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-07-10 02:38 | Report Abuse

but Iskandar is a Malaysian government project.

You can't a Malaysian government project.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 09:11 | Report Abuse

Ahbeng Beng What is iskandar current yr population?
10/07/2016 02:20

Good morning,

I don't have the actual figure. However, the surge of cars all over Iskandar show a huge increase of people now staying in booming Johor. At 8.30am & 5pm every evening the roads of Iskandar now resemble those of KL - all cars are jamming up everywhere.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 09:20 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy but Iskandar is a Malaysian government project.

You can't a Malaysian government project.
10/07/2016 02:38

No. Iskandar is a JV between 2 Governments - Malaysia & Singapore. Singapore Minister Shanmugan actively & vocally encourage Spore SMEs to relocate their operations from Singapore to Iskandar for 3 reasons 1) Singapore has land contraint. 2) Singapore lacks man power & 3) It is much cheaper to do business in lower cost Iskandar.

So the success of Iskandar is in the agenda of Spore Govt. For the same purpose Spore Govt has invested heavily into Iskandar - eg are CITYSQUARE In JB CBD, Gleneagle Hospitals, Danga Island, Sunway Group, Condos like Afiniti & Health Resorts like Avira & many more to come. Other private companies like Old Chang Kee, Yong Nam, Peter Lim's Vantage Bay & Motorsport City & others from Singapore are also heavily invested into Iskandar.

As today is a Sunday do visit www.chick.com

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 09:42 | Report Abuse

There is a big misconception that Iskandar revolves around Housing Boom in Highrise Condos. Housing Boom is only one small part in the Overall Picture.

Iskandar is a SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE Like Shenzhen. It has special incentives for FDI drawing in Multiplied Billions in Investments

These are the FDI Inflows

Year 2013 FDI was Rm14.4 BILLIONS
Year 2014 FDI Increased to Rm21.1 BILLIONS
Year 2015 FDI Jumped to a Whopping Rm31.1 BILLIONS (Penang, Selangor & Sarawak FDI still in single digits.)

These Foreign Direct Investments of MASSIVE CASH INFUSION CUM FOREIGN TALENT Will Provide Countless High Paying Jobs in IM.

Where there are JOBS There Will Be Population Boom & vice versa.

See how Detroit failed when their car manufacturing got hammered by Japanese car imports. And See how SILICON VALLEY in California Boomed All Due to High Paying Technology Jobs.

So the Influx of Ever Increasing FDI will cause Inbound Migration into Booming Iskandar. As a result Iskandar's population will be the fastest growing for the next 10 years.

See

http://www.expatgo.com/my/2016/03/03/iskandar-malaysia-worlds-ambitious-development-project/

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-07-10 11:28 | Report Abuse

City is not man made, but with a long long history.

But for sure ghost city can be man made

tanhy123

123 posts

Posted by tanhy123 > 2016-07-10 11:46 | Report Abuse

Damn that is projected growth, where is the fact?

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 12:22 | Report Abuse

kakashit City is not man made, but with a long long history.

But for sure ghost city can be man made
10/07/2016 11:28

Singapore was built up by the sweat and tears of men. Singapore got zero resources - no rubber, tin ore, oil palm or timber.

As the song goes,

"We build a nation with our hands; the toil of people in a desert land"

For the whole song see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piF_2PQSkBM&hl=en-GB&gl=SG

Posted by Ahbeng Beng > 2016-07-10 12:55 | Report Abuse

Calvin: surge of cars in iskandar minus those sg cars=little increase of local cars. Besides those frequent jam area, actually many places still quite smooth de, i do not expect this if population increased that much.

If actual figure lag behind projected figure, something is wrong... but we dont know the actual current figure. What count is the actual, not projected estimation that dated back 5 yrs ago? They are ambitious but getting PR in malaysia is way harder compare to sg, want to increase population also hard lor.

Posted by Ahbeng Beng > 2016-07-10 13:00 | Report Abuse

Kakashit: there are city that is man made, Canberra: because aussie do not want to choose either melb or sydney as their political center, they made a new city. Adelaide, few hundred yrs ago they man made the city. China many cities also man made, at first ghost,but china gov use sheer force to relocate ppl to ghost town, in fact many current ghost town can any time occupied, is up to the china gov want to do it or not.

Posted by Ahbeng Beng > 2016-07-10 13:02 | Report Abuse

If condos in medini n ph is cheap enough for the local to afford, those area will instantly influx with local. Ghost town not because lack of ppl, is bcoz is expensive enough to deter ppl.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-07-10 15:01 | Report Abuse

Ghost towns,,,,,,,,hahaha

Shah Alan was promoted in the 80s......

Up to today, I still glad I never bought into Shah Alam.

The money has better uses

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 16:20 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy Ghost towns,,,,,,,,hahaha

Shah Alan was promoted in the 80s......

Up to today, I still glad I never bought into Shah Alam.

The money has better uses
10/07/2016 15:01

Ghost towns?

Last time Subang Jaya was also a ghost town. Developers have to offer free refrigerator and other free gifts to attract buyers. Is Subang Jaya still a ghost town today?

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 16:41 | Report Abuse

Before 1970s Subang Jaya was neither ghost or human town. Only monkeys & squirrels live there among rubber trees just like Puchong was in the early 1980s. Balakong was a swamp land.

As time passes all Subang, Puchong, Balakong were developed.

So is Jurong West which I am now typing this. When I shifted here 15 years ago there was not even SBS Bus plying here. Today Jurong is a Boom Town.

And so will be Iskandar.

Iskandar like Shenzhen will be the final best kept secret of all. Just as Shenzhen overtook all China so will Iskandar overtakes all of Malaysia one fine day

See

http://www.johorinvestment.com/surprise-surprises-shenzhen-property-prices-expensive-china/

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-07-10 16:47 | Report Abuse

Subang Jaya is popular from the beginning.

Shah Alam is promoted by the government from the beginning.

Very important distinction .

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 16:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Jul 10, 2016 04:47 PM | Report Abuse

Subang Jaya is popular from the beginning.

Shah Alam is promoted by the government from the beginning.

Very important distinction .

Did you read advertisements from newspapers of those early days. They bed people to buy houses by offering freebies

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 16:51 | Report Abuse

Should read,

Subang Jaya developers beg people to buy properties by offering freebies.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-07-10 16:56 | Report Abuse

And in contrast to Subang Jaya When Daiman offered their single storey house for sale in Tmn Daya (year 2013) there was a long queue of people outside Daiman office in Tmn Daya.

They waited for 6 DAYS & 6 NIGHTS Outside Daiman Office. On the same day when sales launched all were sold out within one hour!

Same goes for single storey houses in Tmn Pelangi Indah. All non bumi lots sold within just 2 short hours!

If only people actually know the true pent up demand of landed properties in Iskandar.

yongleosg

42 posts

Posted by yongleosg > 2016-07-12 13:05 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng: elnino effect doesn't bring palm oil counters to big gains le, come to lanina, are you sure it will bring a big surge again? On what basis? The price of palm oil is keep dropping now. Here is not a place for advertisement, don't keep promoting Iskandar le. If it is good, it will grow and establish on its own, no need to push that hard...I'm not underestimate Iskandar, but just believe what i see, it just take too long to grow and I have heard too much disappointed story from those investors....

Post a Comment
Market Buzz