pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-28 15:11 | Report Abuse

let me help you,

at the moment you ask this question you are telling the whole world that :

1. you has seen and are convinced the stock is at its uptrend

2. you have low tolerance for risk , even it is a good calculated risk

3. you know very well there is share splitting, bonus issue and free warrant ,

4. you know very well this will push up the price, you have seen it many times how the price surges sky high after the announcement and continue moving up further even after the corporate exercise, it is no exception for any good company

5. but you are so worry it could be the tricks and treats of some operators who are out there playing the same trick on some pariah unknown company to trap you

6. you know very well gadang has good enough cash to be selective in choosing contract

7. you know very well gadang has good enough time to secure more contract to replenish its order book because the current order book has works good enough to keep busy until the end of next year.

i still have a lot to say or share , but I do not want want to make my essay to long because now a days people don't like long long essay

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 16:11 | Report Abuse

Hi! Pisang bro,
Neutrally, isn't that i3 is a platform to share different view ? (As it is a genuinely one)
Sometimes, the less revealed elements are more crucial to be discuss.
For me , whoever can deliver a difference view than mine will push me to re examine my strategy.
THE LESS REVEALED & THE DONT always safe me from the disasters.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 16:19 | Report Abuse

I3 got many sifus can share with u on the Fa & Ta, what about the less revealed one ?
eg. Integrity, political influences, new tech , social responsibility , market philosophy and many more ...

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 16:27 | Report Abuse

There are extremely rare observers who willing to voice out their opposite view. 
Luckily, we still have few eg. (Murali/ Ah boon/ duitkwspkita ... hope there might be more)

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-28 17:28 | Report Abuse

another talk like no talk

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 17:29 | Report Abuse

Seen It, But u don't ?

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2016-08-28 17:58 | Report Abuse

1. For long term investor, buy only when company announce new projects, otherwise, TP is only 20sen away or perhaps, another 10-20sen if they announced great results this coming quarter.

2. For traders, if your TA said buy, no brainer, buy. Forget about FA.

In order to give a view of buy or not buy - you really need to know the background of the investors. Said if he bought at RM1.14 (lowest), He should be selling to lock in some profit (Unless he know that more projects is coming). So, there is not straight forward answer until you know the background of person on what is his holdings, what is his expectations, what is the horizon, and his risk profile.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-28 18:30 | Report Abuse

Hi! bro venFx

1. when did I say others can not share different view in i3 here?

2. you mentioned there are less revealed things like "eg. Integrity, political influences, new tech , social responsibility , market philosophy and many more ..." which I also agree are crucial to achieving a more holistic view of the topic of discussion,

but did you share or present an in-depth view on any of such matters here? may be just a few words of caution regarding the integrity of the BOD of gadang, the new tech that gadang is still far far behid of others.....

you did not !

then what is your bloody intention of bringing it up here ? to tell us you know the name of such things?

is there any rule in i3 that forbids me to say "talk like no talk" if it is indeed my own personal feeling after reading your writing ?

you are preaching to accommodate sharing of different opinion,I support such a call, then why my opinion is deemed as disallowing others to post different views? what type standard you are practicing?

read through my comment carefully

1. i did not say the writer can not say anything bad about gadang

2. I am just helping him to answer a question from his reader that he can not give a clear cut answer at the moment, anything wrong ?

Posted by VenFx > Aug 28, 2016 04:11 PM | Report Abuse

Hi! Pisang bro,
Neutrally, isn't that i3 is a platform to share different view ? (As it is a genuinely one)
Sometimes, the less revealed elements are more crucial to be discuss.
For me , whoever can deliver a difference view than mine will push me to re examine my strategy.
THE LESS REVEALED & THE DONT always safe me from the disasters.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 18:37 | Report Abuse

Cool,,, pisang bro.
Don't fire first.

U fire everybody rannnn.

I juz find hard for me to intrerprete my tot in language, really whish to contribute more.

Me, 3M Standard English only ma ...

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 18:39 | Report Abuse

I find pisang bro very proficient in how to define your point.
Other Sifus doing very well is Icon8888 .

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 18:43 | Report Abuse

Your views above make your point clearly.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-28 18:51 | Report Abuse

sosfinance,

you make "another said like no said"

1. how do you know TP is only 20 se away ?

2. how do you know it is only another 10-20 sen after next good QR ?

3. another word for investing is betting with a good calculated risk, if the company you are investing is doing better and better year after year, and you believe it will still perform well for the coming years, then there is no reason to stop your money to generate more money.

of course there there is risk, otherwise it is not called investment , it should be called pledged financing, even this also got risk, so better put the money under the pillow but still got risk.....

Posted by sosfinance > Aug 28, 2016 05:58 PM | Report Abuse

1. For long term investor, buy only when company announce new projects, otherwise, TP is only 20sen away or perhaps, another 10-20sen if they announced great results this coming quarter.

2. For traders, if your TA said buy, no brainer, buy. Forget about FA.

In order to give a view of buy or not buy - you really need to know the background of the investors. Said if he bought at RM1.14 (lowest), He should be selling to lock in some profit (Unless he know that more projects is coming). So, there is not straight forward answer until you know the background of person on what is his holdings, what is his expectations, what is the horizon, and his risk profile.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 19:19 | Report Abuse

Hi again ! Pisang Bro,

Investor has their own Investment Style ma.
I find nothing wrong, sosfinance juz sharing his view.

Happy to share ( as long its genuinely ).

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-28 19:21 | Report Abuse

bro venFX,

for your information, icon8888 is my sifu

OTB also my sifu

KC also my sifu

duit is also my sifu

later on you also can be my sifu if someday you have in anyway , directly or indirectly , written something or said something that has helped me to make a very good tradng decision,win or lose never mind, as long as it is a right decision

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-28 19:29 | Report Abuse

I believe, i hv a lot to learn from pisang bro :)

Posted by resilient911 > 2016-08-28 19:39 | Report Abuse

news = just a news = after a second. minutes. hours or days = history

share splits / bonus issues just a announcement which pend to execute…a long way to go…

Zai Zai

584 posts

Posted by Zai Zai > 2016-08-28 22:30 | Report Abuse

Hi Sos
write more about ock-wa
i often visit your blog

Jay

1,126 posts

Posted by Jay > 2016-08-29 00:02 | Report Abuse

I love gadang when it was 1.40, like it when it was 2.00 but now probably not. haven't tracked gadang for some time (so correct me if I'm wrong), but property earnings mainly coming from Hatten JV (if not property earnings won't be increasing in weaker market), construction margins have been better but not sustainable (margins for bigger projects tend to be mid to high single digits).

Short term positives: possibility of MRT contract win. Risks: Hatten Jv won't last forever, once it ends, its own property division probably not strong enough to pick up. Construction orderbook very low, even winning MRT will be more replenish rather than add to its orderbook. High possibility of weaker qoq earnings after 1 to 2 quarters. Share split etc. typically happens when mgmt tries to push the price up for the last mile. Could still be a good stock long term but not for me in the short run.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 11:26 | Report Abuse

jay,

for your reading pleasure

Posted by pisanggoreng > Aug 28, 2016 03:11 PM | Report Abuse X

1. you has seen and are convinced the stock is at its uptrend

2. you have low tolerance for risk , even it is a good calculated risk

3. you know very well there is share splitting, bonus issue and free warrant ,

4. you know very well this will push up the price, you have seen it many times how the price surges sky high after the announcement and continue moving up further even after the corporate exercise, it is no exception for any good company

5. but you are so worry it could be the tricks and treats of some operators who are out there playing the same trick on some pariah unknown company to trap you

6. you know very well gadang has good enough cash to be selective in choosing contract

7. you know very well gadang has good enough time to secure more contract to replenish its order book because the current order book has works good enough to keep busy until the end of next year.

i still have a lot to say or share , but I just want to gently remind you that there is no such business on earth that you demand to contribute profit forever.

in any investment , if we can see the profit contribution for the coming 2 to 3 years, it is already very fortunate for us to have found one

remember, in any investment there is no sure win but there are many can win

remember, winning a lot of contracts doesn't mean will surely bring in a lot of profit, many operators like to do so to please the investor,

it is better for the BOD to be prudent and selective in choosing contracts, but not many company can do that and willing to do that , but gadang can , gadang is cash rich so can be more selective, and if you follow this company long enough you will agree the management is focusing more on business than share price

remember, fortune favor those who dare

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 11:42 | Report Abuse

I am not against anyone telling an opposite view

I am just sharing facts which i know and I know it is true with my limited knowledge

please read through all my comments

prove me wrong

i will call you my sifu

i have no intention to mislead anyone here

it doesn't bring me anything good and profit

I look so busybody telling so many stories here because i had benefited from so many good sharing and now i am starting to do the same, hoping we always make a right trading decision in our investment, nothing else

you may not believe, but whether you believe or not believe I still do not win any price from you

but i strongly believe ,as a Buddhist, the universal law of KARMA spares no one.

Jay

1,126 posts

Posted by Jay > 2016-08-29 11:59 | Report Abuse

pisanggoreng to a certain extent I agree with you. but like i said, it could still be a good stock for mid to long term but not for me in the short term. to each its own. however every time a company's price surge after corporate exercise, it's pretty normal for them to undergo consolidation before moving up/down. so what I'm saying is that for me, short term downside is higher than upside. like u, I was also only sharing my views on gadang especially on their coming quarter profits because construction/property companies, unlike your typical manufacturing/retail, revenue and profit can really plunge during dry season (especially if from high base). so while many are very bullish on gadang, I'm just highlighting some potential risks which may be missed by others. if you re-read my comment above, I think it was a pretty balanced view so no need to be so defensive, chill...

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 12:12 | Report Abuse

Jay,

"however every time a company's price surge after corporate exercise, it's pretty normal for them to undergo consolidation before moving up/down. so what I'm saying is that for me, short term downside is higher than upside."

what happen if a new contract is awarded ?

try to compare this 2 possibilities, then what is the best investment advice in the short term ?

simply put it this way , my crude version,

if you do nothing :

consolidation, you don't lose

new contract , you don't gain

conclusion :

fortune favors those who dare

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 12:19 | Report Abuse

Jay,

for you information , Gadang & Hatten JV is a profit guaranteed JV

not a normal properties development business, as long as the whole property market not collapse ,Gadang still can comfortably enjoying good profit for the coming 3 or more years

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 12:21 | Report Abuse

do not forget the utilities & the plantation segment

these are the source of recurring income and good and steady dividend for the shareholders

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 12:26 | Report Abuse

put all the risks and opportunities together and do a fair evaluation

if it meet you investing requirements or stock pick criteria

then tell yourself:

fortune favors those who dare

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2016-08-29 13:01 | Report Abuse

I think valuation comes down to the value creation. Winning new contract is only beneficial when the return is good, as in higher than previous project the company pursuit.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-08-29 13:31 | Report Abuse

well said ricky,

in this respect cash rich company has the advantage

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2016-09-05 00:07 | Report Abuse

Swap a bit of Gadang (2.84) for OCK W (22 sen), for a period of 1-2 years.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz