25 people like this.

60 comment(s). Last comment by maomaochong 2016-10-14 02:18

Wing50

22 posts

Posted by Wing50 > 2016-09-28 23:32 | Report Abuse

Agreed 100% with JN88 - only counter with >1000% will beat investment in property over time.

calvintaneng

53,498 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-09-28 23:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by MG9231 > Sep 28, 2016 09:54 PM | Report Abuse

By right why not treating investment lesson as an additional subject which is not cover in school or university or part time lesson that may be useful in future, who knows?

I remember in Dr. Neoh Soon Kean's book, Stock Market Investment in Malaysia and Singapore. There was a case where a Doctor's son was forced by his Doctor father to pursue and complete his medical course , but the son was not actually keen with his medical study. However the son tried to pick up extra courses in his University, He saw a lecturer who drove a beautiful Porsche in his campus, later , he found out that lecturer was teaching investment course, he told himself that the lecturer must be good in his personal investment and be able to drive nice sport car. In oversea university, the student is allowed to participate other courses on his personal capacity without sitting examine. He followed that lecturer's investment course and picked up his investment knowledge.

when he was back to Malaysia after practised a few years and after accumulated some capital, he started to invest in Malaysia market and make many time more than his medical practice.

I think it is no harm for others to have extra skill as long as he has spare time.

It reminds me Hong Kong tycoon Lee Ka Sing use to advise young people " everyone has equal 24 hours per day, during the office hours, you must contribute your best to your company, you must also pursue 2nd career after office hours by read as much as possible or do what you like best because who knows, that may turn out to be your lifeline either you got retrenched or meeting misfortune event."

I believe those people who follow his advice will live better and comfortable in life .

Well said by Great Sifu MG9231 the avid disciple of

GRAND MASTER CHAMPION SIFU DR NEOH SOON KEAN.

In Dr. Neoh's Valuable "STOCK MARKET INVESTMENT" BOOK

he mentioned these in his preface

"Dedicated to the memory of Benjamin Graham" - the Father of Value Investing.

Later Dr Neoh himself became The Benjamin Graham of Malaysia.

And now MG9231 is The Benjamin Graham of i3 Investors' Forum.

So You Better Stay here & Teach all Newbies

Maybe someday an article called

"THE SUPER INVESTORS OF i3 INVESTORS' FORUM" might be written!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!

SOOOO HAAAAAPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

calvintaneng

53,498 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-09-28 23:59 | Report Abuse

While many are struggling to make 5 to 6 figures a year buying and selling; selling and buying stocks MG9231 is making 6 to 7 figures a year just by receiving dividends alone.

6 to 7 FIGURES A YEAR IN DIVIDENDS ALONE?

That's MG9231!! THE CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2016-09-29 09:59 | Report Abuse

A buddy of mine did buy GENTING @ IPO, a mere 2K, got rich ,
then he met this DDG Cambodian lady. ......................................and he got richer bcos she is good @ numbers, don't need "sifus".......and they will live happily ever after.

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-09-29 10:28 | Report Abuse

"Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question paper !"

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-09-30 17:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by Icon8888 > Sep 27, 2016 10:48 PM | Report Abuse
Why invest ? Because not only you need to work hard, your money also need to work hard

Well said Icon8888,

“How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.”
- Robert G. Allen

And how would Warren knew this when he said this? From where?

"I Always Knew I Was Going to be Rich”

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-01 09:24 | Report Abuse

Posted by WB2F > Sep 29, 2016 10:28 AM | Report Abuse
"Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question paper !"

Well said.

Many people are given the opportunities to learn the life lessons and prepare for the examination for all kinds of questions. However few, very few bother to care about them. Some like the above, take the short cut and try to copy. Occasionally they copy the right answer, but most of the time, like a dice, 5 out of 6 times turn out to be different and wrong answers, and as a result, mostly fail.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-10-14 00:53 | Report Abuse

"The reason we have billionaires who are still in their twenties is not because they bought investments. They created investments, called businesses, that millions of people want to buy." He compares investors to people buying tickets to a game. Businesses are the one selling the tickets to the game (i.e., shares of stock).

============
"Today, I notice people becoming instant millionaires, even billionaires, just by taking a company public through an IPO. I often wonder if the company's mission was just to make money for owners or [Venture capital and founding] investors or was the company really formed to fulfill a mission or some kind of service? I am afraid that many of these new IPOs will ultimately fail because their only mission was to make money quickly. Besides, it is in the mission of a company where the entrepreneur's spirit is found."

paperplane2016

21,571 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-10-14 01:18 | Report Abuse

MG9231, can share more with us your invest8ng philosophy and how you pick stocks? We want to learn from you.

Posted by maomaochong > 2016-10-14 02:18 | Report Abuse

i want to learn from paperplane as he is good in invest.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz