3 people like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by sosfinance 2016-11-29 18:14

calvintaneng

53,338 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-11-25 19:11 | Report Abuse

No, Warren won't invest in Gadang.

Peter Lynch likes cyclical stocks.

For Gadang Peter Lynch would buy Gadang at 80 cts and sell all the way from Rm2.00 to Rm3.00

Then Peter Lynch will wait for Gadang to crash back to 80 cts before collecting again.

Peter would buy a cyclical stock over many years in its up and down cycles. Some stocks he bought and sold for 4 cycles.

This is how Peter's Magellan Fund at 39% beat Warren's 25% performance.

For now you must wait for Gadang to crash below 80 cts

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2016-11-25 19:23 | Report Abuse

Sauce, you keep mentioning about your fund manager this your fund manager that and the capital city. Without an official source, it is hard for us to ascertain a value on the JV. Anyway, appreciate your effort in writing about Gadang. If I have a huge position in one company, I would do the same.

RyanC

121 posts

Posted by RyanC > 2016-11-25 19:31 | Report Abuse

Exactly what I said. Wait for it to go back to 5 yr low 0.60

Now all those who hold die liao - follow Sifu from Holland.

Hahahahaha

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-11-25 20:39 | Report Abuse

Warren Buffett is a coward

Jay

1,126 posts

Posted by Jay > 2016-11-28 15:19 | Report Abuse

it's better if the mgmt clarify how much have they recognised on capital city. gadang's profit for the past years have been supported by increasing property earnings when the property market is slowing down. so imo i find it quite hard to believe they only recognised 12%. gadang's own property arm is not that strong...

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2016-11-29 18:14 | Report Abuse

Jay, if you are uncertain, why didn't you clarify with the CFO? Imagine, if you put in a big portion of your net worth, don't you want to know? People here keep on assuming this, assuming that, saying this saying that, isn't this info available with the management. If they refuse to give you, then, don't touch it, because this may be very critical to the income generator, don't you agree?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz