10 people like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by zhangliang 2017-01-04 15:47

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-01-02 12:31 | Report Abuse

Tradeview 2016 ,Happy New Year 2017 :)

Love your styles and way in seeking safe ground with resilent biz modules investment, which are most importantly during currently situation.

eagle71

30 posts

Posted by eagle71 > 2017-01-02 12:36 | Report Abuse

My view :

Plantation - CPO price increased but the prod output reduced.. if the CPO price can maintain, and prod output improve in 2017, plantation counters can have a good run. Need to monitor the CPO price and monthly prod output, and play by ear.

O&G - Even if the prod cut can be complied by OPEC countries, the biggest threat is still shale oil producer. The high oil price era is over. I am not bullish on this segment.

Construction - Year 2017 is the year for construction companies to realise the profit from high job order secured in 2016. Thus, the execution is the key. The company must not be dragged down by cost overrun, delay in progress and so forth. I believe the construction company with good execution track record can do well in 2017.

Export stocks - This segment is a bit tricky. It suppose to do very well in current strong USD environment but it is not so. I believe that is because people has learned a lesson from the fall of export stocks in 1H 2016 when RM strengthened, as well as worry about Trump's protectionist policy. I believe we should still select good fundamental export stocks that do not rely solely on strong USD to include in our portfolio.

GLC counters - This segment is only good for speculator in view of coming GE. If a person is speculator, and he thinks he can get the buy/sell timing right during this potential GE year, he can go ahead. But for value investor, I would stay away from GLC because most of them (if not all) are badly governed.

Ryan88

1,327 posts

Posted by Ryan88 > 2017-01-03 00:49 | Report Abuse

good sharing , tradeview!

DLGF

10 posts

Posted by DLGF > 2017-01-03 15:17 | Report Abuse

good points, thanks tradeview !!!

zhangliang

728 posts

Posted by zhangliang > 2017-01-04 15:47 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing Tradeview Bro! Appreciate the hard work. Looks like you are right, many export counters up today including the Poh Huat you mentioned!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz