3 people like this.

33 comment(s). Last comment by stockmanmy 2017-01-17 09:44

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2017-01-15 19:44 | Report Abuse

What makes you think you qualify to run down the "gurus" on I3, who are often right, sometimes wrong? What's your CAGR last 10 years? What's your record on I3?

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-01-15 20:19 | Report Abuse

wa,2000 per class!!!

HowAh

963 posts

Posted by HowAh > 2017-01-15 20:20 | Report Abuse

Who is this? Only 5 post?

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-15 20:39 | Report Abuse

Hello Mr Ronnie, I am not here to run down i3 Gurus. I am here to express my personal opinion that there are alot of classes out there, where the sifu/guru/teachers themselves are not making money from the stock market, yet they teach stuffs like technical analysis, which are alot of horse back canon, yet they keep singing about their earnings which is 1/10 compared to their losses.

VenFx, i hope i did not offend you or anything but this is just my personal opinion okay. no doubt you are a good investor. but calvin has his good times as well. hence do not compare :)

Yeekarwai, just a bench mark, example. most learnings if you want to learn are based on ownself. going to classes only serve as a foundation for you.

3iii

12,804 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2017-01-15 20:56 | Report Abuse

Your Analyst I believe you wrote sincerely and honestly. However, you should not associate the teaching of financial knowledge and successful investing together. The best teacher maybe a good or bad investor as there are other factors involved determine the investing outcome. The best investor maybe a good or bad teacher.

Here is a very honest teacher shared by my friend. He was a student in a university in Singapore. His lecturer or Professor had just completed teaching the course on fundamentals of investing for the class. Before saying goodbye to the class, he shared his sincere opinion.

"I have taught this course every year to all my students. Just like all my students, you have all now acquired and equipped with the sound knowledge of investing. I cannot guarantee that you success in your investing. However, I should caution you to be careful and prudent in your investing. I must also inform you sincerely that though you have now graduated from my class, I expect most of you will not profit from the market. In fact, 90% of you can expect to be losers in the stock market. Now that you know the truth, I wish you best of luck in your future."

:-)

joekit

833 posts

Posted by joekit > 2017-01-15 21:05 | Report Abuse

youranalyst, quote you ' the market is forever changing, and we should be dynamically adaptable to those changes. a system/ stock screening system will NEVER be able to do that. '

are you advocating 'DYNAMIC INVESTING' just like stockmanmy?

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-15 21:23 | Report Abuse

3iii, very interesting indeed the professor ! haha. but what he say is true.

joekit, for investing, you need to be dynamic investing. for instance, would you want to venture into bearish sectors like automobile for 2017 or you would be more happy to venture into E&E LED sectors for 2017 which are more bullish? however what my writings main focuses are for those technical analysis courses. I am more than happy to see people enroll in FA courses. Sadly, people like fast money and only enroll themselves in TA classes as these are more short terms and TA classes, see graph talk about history.. (most classes). there are some very good TA classes which focuses on EW and FN, those are advisable to join.

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2017-01-15 21:31 | Report Abuse

3iii. The professor shouldn't be teaching finance theory. He should teach something else. The "class" of Graham and Doddsville was 100% successful as investors/fund managers.

3iii

12,804 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2017-01-15 21:36 | Report Abuse

I think the Prof had no choice of the syllabus.

He had to teach Efficient Market Hypothese, Black Schole formula, etc.

Given a choice, he might wish to teach value investing from Bejamin Graham, Buffett ... to Joel Greenblatt.

:-)

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-15 22:36 | Report Abuse

3iii, haha. some times in life we have to things we dont really like. that is why when opportunity arises, we always grab it ! never let it slip !
Wish u all the best in your investing career !

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-15 22:46 | Report Abuse

everybody has to start from somewhere and have to pay tuition fees to the market.

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2017-01-15 23:23 | Report Abuse

This poster sounds like plpmanmy

U wanna know how low is low? When puncak was hovering between 89-91c for months, and a 30 dec 2016 buy call was made, and within 2 weeks it moves...now youre just another one of those wannabes with 5 posts lol

And to say puncak is heading to rm1 when its now 97c is like saying 1 + 1 = 2 lol just goes to show youre clueless

I suggest you stick to earnings-based export counters old man and leave the real valuations and market timing to the pros

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-16 02:25 | Report Abuse

Value ducker

It's great to learn from the master, billionaire Koon.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-16 02:39 | Report Abuse

Like this lurker
At the end of your useless life, all you end up with is a duck.

Posted by AlphaBetaGamma > 2017-01-16 09:21 | Report Abuse

I would say this is a good article except for the last part on the stock recommendation.
Such a contradiction with the article s message

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2017-01-16 09:36 | Report Abuse

agree with AlphaBetaGamma - he is no different than the other so called "gurus"

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2017-01-16 10:37 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy Value ducker
It's great to learn from the master, billionaire Koon.
16/01/2017 02:25

There is a difference between billionaire and millionaire.
1,000,000,000 vs 999,000,000

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-16 10:39 | Report Abuse

small
you must be his keeper or what?

Jay

1,126 posts

Posted by Jay > 2017-01-16 11:06 | Report Abuse

GBQARS contracts bidded mostly awarded already, now people are waiting to see if they can really deliver profit. short term won't have much major contracts anymore

Puncak will continue to be loss making until it successfully acquires Triplc, that could take some time, at least a few months. recent rally is just in line with penny stocks rally, don't expect much newsflow

gogogogo

964 posts

Posted by gogogogo > 2017-01-16 14:10 | Report Abuse

"There are also people who came out with a stock screening system, and selling them out to people ! this is madness. if the system is such a holy grail, logically, why would he/she be be selling it to people ?! If i came upon my holy grail of 100% for the stock market, i would be using it by myself !" - Agreed on this

gogogogo

964 posts

Posted by gogogogo > 2017-01-16 14:12 | Report Abuse

"A system/ stock screener is programmed by someone who thinks that the market will react in a certain manner however the stock market could disagree where as stock picks from human changes time to time, and follows the market sentiment ! A stock screener/ system can only react, meaning you will always be one step behind someone ! ! the market is forever changing, and we should be dynamically adaptable to those changes. a system/ stock screening system will NEVER be able to do that. " - Not agreed - it really depends on how good the system is

saydon

215 posts

Posted by saydon > 2017-01-16 14:49 | Report Abuse

hahaha....so true about holland sifu.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-01-16 15:38 | Report Abuse

YourAnalyst, u got your points.
Will delete my earlier comment. Tq

malaysiaku

583 posts

Posted by malaysiaku > 2017-01-16 18:16 | Report Abuse

YourAnalyst, keep it up, bro......"Good article" mesti dikongsi sama-sama...

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-16 21:05 | Report Abuse

Wow so many comments, Let me start replying by a summary.

I do strongly agree that as starters we would need to pay "tuition fees". But please be mindful that paying the right person/ education tuition fees is always the best however ive seen alot of young and old people in the market, who want to learn quickly, want fast cash, and end up enrolling themselves in those technical analysis classes. There is nothing wrong with joining technical analysis classes but alot of the technical analysis classes teaches contents which can be self studied from http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school ! and they are charging RM5k, RM10k !! which i find is miserable and very wrong, hence i have wrote this article.

People need to know what, yes you can be a trader, but can you be the trader who trades everyday and earn rm500 a day, meaning that someone lost rm500 to you ? how mnay can there be ?

People should be aware that the market is a game of patience (provided they bought a value stock).

Anyway thanks for all the feedbacks and opinion. This is great as diversified opinions are expressed here for the benefits of the public.

there are no right or wrongs in the market.

I hope those new players, after reading this, will create awareness among everyone to rethink before enrolling themselves in any "Technical Analysis" class. Always ask for track record, and contents.

fattycat

686 posts

Posted by fattycat > 2017-01-16 21:12 | Report Abuse

YourAnalyst, r u refer to someone in investalks forum?
that 8xking ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-16 21:30 | Report Abuse

PLEASE DO NOT RUNDOWN GREAT SIFU INVESTMENT COURSE LOH...!!
SPEND RM 2K ALOT MEH ?
ASK YOURSELF IF U SEND YOUR DAUGHTER OR SON TO STUDY BACHELOR DEGREE FOR OVERSEA COURSES COSTING RM 500K GUARANTEE THEY WILL BECOME VERY RICH MEH ?
THE EDUCATION JUST GIVE THEM A FOUNDATION MAH...END OF THE DAY...THEY NEED EXPERIENCE LOH....!!

ALSO RAIDER ADVICE DO NOT MEASURE SIFU PERFORMANCE BASED ON 1 YR OR LESS LOH, ALWAYS MEASURE THEIR PERFORMANCE OVER 3 YEARS OR MORE LOH..!

IF U BASED ON RAIDER RECOMMENDED ASSESSMENT, USUALLY GOOD SIFU WILL MAKE MONIES LOH....!!

SOME PEOPLE RECOMMEND DYNAMIC INVESTING, BUT THIS ARE NOT THAT SUSTAINABLE LONG TERM INVESTING LOH...!!

JUST LOOK AT KYY WHICH HE CLAIM GOT GREAT BRAVE BUSINESS SENSE...OVER 1 YR...LOSS 15.3% IN I3 STOCK COMPETITION LOH...!!

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-16 23:53 | Report Abuse

stockraider, what you said is on point. very much agree with you. but the Rm2k thing jsut an example. we need experience in the stock market and yes ive highlighted that people should measure those SIFU/ GURU performance not 1 year or three months but longer terms for investors however for traders, it is okay to measure them on short term basis.

Posted by Highfive Bread > 2017-01-17 02:26 | Report Abuse

Forget about their past performance,just make a gaurantee that within a certain time frame you will profit from their recommendation. No one is foolish enough to do this. Investing involve risks,by learning the fundamental of investing it only reduces your chances of losing money in the stock market. There is no Gaurantee. That is why you invest at your own risk.

gogogogo

964 posts

Posted by gogogogo > 2017-01-17 07:52 | Report Abuse

although I don't agree on all the points in the article, but it serves the purpose of alerting mom and dad investors/traders about the risk of purely relying on taking the courses or following buy/sell call from those so call "sifus" or trading signal from software/system created by "sifus". Well done YourAnalyst

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-17 08:02 | Report Abuse

To all sifus past present and future

Not to worry

A fool is born every day.

Posted by YourAnalyst > 2017-01-17 09:15 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, indeed indeed.. hence the education market still boleh cari makan haha

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-17 09:44 | Report Abuse

no stock God but anyone confident enough can cari makan as stock sifu.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz