1 person likes this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by L2invest 2017-02-02 10:49

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2017-01-31 20:19 | Report Abuse

https://us.yahoo.com/celebrity/warren-buffett-daughter-susie-opens-201555495.html

actually the only mentor that seem to fit in the above character is our sifu OTB

a person without any ego...just simply cool, simple and most importantly "passionate".

now...personally i think we should not have any mentor - as the teaching of great mentors is to realize there is no mentor.

Ramada

655 posts

Posted by Ramada > 2017-01-31 20:27 | Report Abuse

I agree. But where is sifu OTB going, haven't seen him recently.

L2invest

34 posts

Posted by L2invest > 2017-01-31 22:40 | Report Abuse

Ah, learn to be yourself & to hv your own investment style that best suit u is d key... I learn again! Thx!

L2invest

34 posts

Posted by L2invest > 2017-01-31 22:51 | Report Abuse

Will get ready to sacrifice some "tuition" fees to practice & learn more then... but on d other hand, I still trust a good mentor can help one to minimize that fee... right?

Sslee

4,767 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-01 23:25 | Report Abuse

Repost from comment on My Mentor: Mr. Koon Yew Yin
Dear all,
I think my last comment in i3 was on 18-1-2017: Blog Tun Mahathir Strikes Back.
Since Mr. Koon Yew Yin refrained from posting his investment blog in i3 which he often used harsh and provocation words/criticism on those held different views from him or have offended him. Thus in return attracted many angry and silly comments from i3 community. It had been relatively quiet and at time lacking that excitement of seeing the clash of personality in i3 blog. Since he is back with his three blogs on 29-1-2017, one on political blog and the other two on his share investment lecture he held on 26-1-2017 at his house.
I was there listening to his lecture, as usual to his true self he admitted he like to blow his own trumpet as he certainly earned it by his golden rule (I must make sure that the company can make more money in the current year than last year and its projected P/E ratio is less than 10) which had proven again and again in earning him extraordinary profit in share market. He believes in leverage on Margin Finance to make bigger profit as he invited the bankers to his lecture. (Note: The bankers have line up margin finance to the tune of many millions.) He is not afraid of margin call as he is buying uptrend share as such if he has to sell, he is still making profit.
The main takeaways from his lectures are: To make money during the crash was easy. All he needed was bravery and courage. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, that is to make extraordinary money during normal times which he had tried for many years with all the methods from all the investment Gurus Books he can lay his hand on but with little result. It is only the last 10 years that he found his secret recipe of making quick profit. His secret recipe is his share selection golden rule which he has elaborated in an article with the title “My Share Selection Golden Rule”.
And to be a true winner in share market, you have to be able to control your emotion such as fear and greed, your emotion to think logically. Most people cannot control their emotion to think logically. (I am very fortunate to have a chat with his neighbor during the dinner where he relate his personal life experience of how his family business was bankrupt during the Asian Financial Crisis 1997 and he just bought a one way ticket to USA and work illegally, holding two jobs for 10 years to make his first pot of gold and with that returned to Ipoh to start a small trading company but mostly earning a luxury living in share market. He earned his second bigger pot of gold during US Subprime Mortgage Crisis 2008 where he bought Citibank and AIA shares but with certain degree of regret that he sold the shares too early. Nowadays he trade shares thro’ his trusted personal Fund Manager because if he had to trade directly thro’ his own computer keyboard he cannot control his emotion thus he needs a second opinion to curtain his impulsive emotion)
Dear Mr. CP TEH,
I would not think any of the investment masters will have the time for mentorship as define in:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentorship
Anyhow many of the investment Gurus in i3 are readily sharing their diverse investment knowledge and methods for the benefit of all. It is up to individual what are the methods most suited them. Anyhow the parts that are the most difficult to acquire are the emotions? Do you have the required emotion discipline to become a Super-investor?
One participant rightly point out share market are full of pitfall as many syndicates manipulate the share price by pump and dump and the worst case are those insider owners that make fraud accounting in order to pump and dump thus even such an experience/veteran investors like Mr. Koon and Robert Kuok had also fallen into such pitfall before. Anyhow they just either hold on or move on without any loss of sleep or bitterness. That makes them a much better men then many of us who keep bemoaning loses no end and blaming and cursing those make the share recommendation without taking own responsibility that we make our own decision to buy the share willingly. Remember those punches that did not knock you out will make you stronger.
Please welcome back Mr. Koon Yew Yin for his very interest insight into his share selection golden rule that had proven to make extraordinary profit in share market.
(I think many people do miss him which is why this blog had attracted so many comments)

Wishing all a “Happy Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fai Chai”. May the year of Rooster bring you and your family happiness, prosperity and good health.

http://chedet.cc/?p=2419#comment-137298
For whom that interest in knowing how I spend my CNY.

Yours truly,
SS LEE

L2invest

34 posts

Posted by L2invest > 2017-02-02 10:49 | Report Abuse

Ya, I hv been havin d thought that this forum is a platform for all to freely share their thoughts & experiences w/o fear or being criticized 2 badly (a bit ok lar)... which in turn will make everyone richer in knowledge, or simply enhancing the skill to filter info that best suit one's needs. Hope such spirit will prevail here.. no "ban-ban" to any1 hor!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz