1 person likes this.

25 comment(s). Last comment by Peng1185 2017-03-20 10:34

anticonman

533 posts

Posted by anticonman > 2017-03-18 17:34 | Report Abuse

At age 84 KYY want to run company? Can he trust not those not controlling Jaks to take care well his interest?

zhangliang

728 posts

Posted by zhangliang > 2017-03-18 17:37 | Report Abuse

no wonder Jaks results so bad but shoot up. KYY power

Blacksails

762 posts

Posted by Blacksails > 2017-03-18 21:06 | Report Abuse

KYY will probably take up 5% of the PP not 10% coz will trigger the MGO. If KYY does not want to take up the PP, then whoever took up can sell down the shares in open market at higher than 1.36 thus making a killing.

kchia

172 posts

Posted by kchia > 2017-03-18 22:39 | Report Abuse

PP is not for all existing shareholders, it is for identified investors.
I think you have confused btwn right issue vs PP.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-03-18 23:01 | Report Abuse

Well can tell uncle invest in based on growth hope also put oneself in lots of uncertainty? Maybe I sour grape. Why not Ranhill or mfcb? Got existing power plant experience plus this fussy growth hope too. Current experience for managing power plant for both vs losing current operation for jaks with the rest being equal. Should I follow uncle or otherwise. Confuse le

culbertlim

393 posts

Posted by culbertlim > 2017-03-18 23:27 | Report Abuse

Jacks stupid stock

Posted by timetokoon2 > 2017-03-18 23:33 | Report Abuse

First time I follow Ah Koon and actually made money.....I buy more Monday...thank you Ah Koon...now can apply PP with you

Posted by pengembaraalam > 2017-03-19 01:33 | Report Abuse

i m not follow. bad record observed

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-03-19 08:20 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon forgot the lessons of Mudajaya so easily. Anyone remembers? Here's 2:

1) When the Indian IPP was ongoing, Mudajaya made so much money they were awarded best construction company 3 years in a row. That didn't save them from the massive losses that came later. Lesson is: the meat of an IPP is not in the construction, it is in the concession.

2) The same thing was said about the Indian power plant, the there's no way the Indian gomen will jeopardise the project because the financiers are Indian banks. In Jaks case, the fiananciers are not even Vietnamese.

Good luck Uncle Koon on your massive bet. Hope you bought a gem rather than a dud. Anyway, if the project is so lucrative, why aren't insiders buying the shares like crazy?

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2017-03-19 08:52 | Report Abuse

Coldinvestor,nice sharings...to me jaks now is solely a money game.

culbertlim

393 posts

Posted by culbertlim > 2017-03-19 09:30 | Report Abuse

Noob jacks stupid stock go see it's result and you will make this conclusion

Posted by oldmanorangtua > 2017-03-19 10:40 | Report Abuse

soojinhou orangtua agree with u concession needs huge capital spending n must success otherwise mati. If 3 years finish then make 3 years loss first lah if 5-10 years then 5 to 10 years loss lah. Financial cost incurred during this period n after construction. High Uncertainty. To me i will choose petronm rather than jaks

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-03-19 10:55 | Report Abuse

KYY has the tendency of not saying it all whenever he writes.

Let me put into perspective. on this article that he writes. (Why I bought in JAKS)

His statements:

Malaysia’s first IPP
The YTL Group was just like any other ordinary contractor before the company was awarded its maiden IPP in Malaysia. From a humble beginning, YTL Corporation Bhd’s market cap today stands at RM1.65 bil (actually this is a mistake, it is RM16.5 billion and much more dividends before this), that of YTL Power International Bhd at RM12.8 bil and YTL Land and Development Bhd (RM578 mil).

Additionally, the YTL Group also owns YTL Cement Bhd, YTL Hospitality REIT, among others.

Investors would recall that on Sept 29, 1992, a total power blackout engulfed the nation for several days. This landmark incident sparked a privatisation of the power generation sector that broke the dawn for IPPs in Malaysia.

In the process, Tenaga Nasional Bhd’s monopoly of the power generation sector was dismantled by then-Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad as YTL Power was awarded the nation’s first IPP licence in 1993.

As a result, the YTL Group has been making unprecedented amount of profit every year. Before it secured the IPP, the YTL Group was just an ordinary contractor but today, it is so different.

What is not correct in his statement?

YTL's IPP during then was the sweetest ever that nobody else would have gotten it. Tenaga was sort of forced to do an offtake. Tenaga was asked to take up YTL's generation whether Tenaga needed it or not. In another words, in layman's term, whether there is such demand for example, 80% of the generation, Tenaga has to take it - even if there is no such usage demand. Another thing which is very important in that deal is that YTL's costs is fixed - meaning the fuel generation costs are already subsidised at a fixed rate. Other parties - if not wrong Tenaga and Petronas has to consume the fluctuations.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-03-19 10:55 | Report Abuse

Please read this article if you are serious into investing into JAKS.

How Malaysia's IPP was born.
This is obviously correct, as it comes from the horses mouth - the Executive Chairman of Tenaga then, and many more people know about this.

In fact, if you walk into Tenaga and asked people whom are in the know of the deal during those days, they will say, they will never give a project to YTL anymore, NO MATTER WHAT! That was more than 20 years back and many people today will not know about it.

Think about it, if YTL can pull a deal then in a year, why does it need JAKS to pull a deal in Vietnam over 6 years. It is not that sweet.

Another of his statement which is not true until now

Many people also ask me when will I sell my holdings. Since I know JAKS will be making a lot of profit in the next 3 years during the construction and 40% of the profit from the sales of electricity for 25 years, I intend to keep all my shares for many years.

I obviously do not know KYY's net worth - it seems it is a lot, but HE HAS BEEN BUYING ON CREDIT. His purchases if you really read is all on pledged account. He and his wife's. How do you read this? Look at the red boxes.

JAKS although it is good, it is not generating good important cashflow for it to pay dividends even for few years to come. For a person to hold it until beyond 2020, he needs to get the company to pay him back (to support his pledged accounts) - either dividend or capital appreciation! JAKS is not going to pay dividend. Does anyone know that JAKS has never paid dividend before - not in last 17 years! Unless, KYY arm-twist the company to do that it is not obliged to pay dividend. And the company has no cashflow to do that.

If dividend is not forthcoming, he has to sell to pay his interests from the sale of his shares in JAKS. Hence, he will not hold for long term, he will sell some. He is pumping and dumping along the way.

His other holdings e.g. Latitude Tree has proven that.

See below. He bought a substantial stake (more than 5%) and continue to buy more after November 2014.

However, by Nov 2015, he has ceased to be a substantial shareholder. That's a year. He IS NOT A LONG TERM INVESTOR. PERIOD. He buys in and ask you to buy so that he can buy out.

What is unsure...

The profit of about RM400 mil for JAKS will flow back into the JV company to fund JAKS’ equity portion. In other words, JAKS only needs to fork out RM203mil to own a 30% stake in the power plant. JAKS is also given an option to buy up another 10% of the JV company.

Nowhere in JAKS announcement that says it is using the profit to put back into the JV company. Unless, he has inside information, which I would like to know as well. Also, usually, deals are not done that way - unless of course the China partner is such a nice partner - could happen.

What is correct in JAKS?

1. Please read my article here. JAKS in getting this project, assuming they can complete this project will be very good for the company, but one must know that JAKS has only 30% of the IPP

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-03-19 10:58 | Report Abuse

As usual conman KYY always try to mislead leh

His strategy is to pump up & dispose some JAKS to reduce his cost.

This is usual modus operandi mah....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-03-19 11:06 | Report Abuse

Best strategy to tackle KYY con....once his article out....promotion starts....should think of selling the share.....this bcos KYY is not really a long term investor loh....!!

He believe of preying on small investors mah....!!

Blacksails

762 posts

Posted by Blacksails > 2017-03-19 11:58 | Report Abuse

Kenanga IB will probably extend the PP to KYY.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-03-19 13:58 | Report Abuse

Btw....with placement on its why....it is dead duck for Jaks shareholder at above Rm 1.50 loh.....!!

The danger sign is coming quickly loh....!!

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-03-19 14:05 | Report Abuse

Will Jaks scarified by this Brand New money scamming ?

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2017-03-19 23:26 | Report Abuse

please make it right, its private placement not right issue, how to take care of minority benefit with private placement ?

Posted by GoodCompanies > 2017-03-20 09:04 | Report Abuse

JAKS is risky, I think someone will lose their shirt

Bizfuneng

883 posts

Posted by Bizfuneng > 2017-03-20 09:25 | Report Abuse

While u folks "blowing water" many r collecting their profits. If you hv doubts fall back to what sifu KC Chong's famous line - " Even if everyone is making big money and I don't ,it is ok"

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2017-03-20 09:59 | Report Abuse

Only losers think that way.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-03-20 10:02 | Report Abuse

raider is one big empty vessel.

Peng1185

283 posts

Posted by Peng1185 > 2017-03-20 10:34 | Report Abuse

Ride along with the rough wave, u will land safely