Be the first to like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by Axelrod 2017-04-13 08:50

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2017-03-25 08:29 | Report Abuse

Should read adamkhoo view.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/adamkhoo/119055.jsp

The collaboration has marginal effect on Ghl. It's doesn't matter whether Alipay, Mastercard, Visa etc..if it is GHL terminal......GHL will earn.

They are going to target the same merchant and same customer...are they telling currently Chinese shopper using cash to shop?

Does it mean millions of new Chinese shopper coming to Malaysia to shop and stop visiting London, Europe and U.S.A ? Just because now there are merchants already accepting Alipay?

I believe it will be a long time before Alipay could match Visa and Mastercard present worldwide (also political barrier to penetrate Europe and U.S)....so in meanwhile Chinese shopper still will have their Visa/Master Credit card with them. We as a shopper don't care whether merchant want to direct our transaction to Visa or Master right...or later Alipay? No different!

In fact currently for them to pay in their currency is never a problem as merchant in Europe always give them an option whether to pay in Euro or Remimbi at point of sales. I think just a matter of time before Malaysia will follow.

Ghl strength is in physical Credit Card terminal and not in online payment. Alipay targeting big in online sales and it will crush Ghl online internet payment gateway , so others provider like ipay88 etc.

Online payment is the trend ....even malls are worrying!
And for micro merchants their option is not Ghl but Mpos. Obviously Ghl can't compete with them and have no roles. Just read the links below as see how cheap is their solutions

http://www.maxis.com.my/mpos

https://www.softspace.com.my/

This is 2 growing segments Online and Micro retailers and in both segment Ghl going to lose.

Futhermore I'm sure those big chains of Merchants are bank value customer which they will never give it to Ghl to handle. Those merchant finance and banking requirements are all tie up to one big package offer special by bank.

Those merchant discount are not the same as other small merchant pay. This big merchant pay a lot less and they are no room for 3rd party like Ghl to play with it. They will never share with Ghl...they probably will just buy the terminal from Ghl, Nera or Paysys and sign up for maintenance contract.

They let Ali come in.......... slowly this power will strangle them back until they choke.

Albukhary

2,731 posts

Posted by Albukhary > 2017-03-25 17:24 | Report Abuse

Good comments, GHL will lose.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-03-25 17:38 | Report Abuse

I think pavi analysed it perfectly.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-03-25 17:39 | Report Abuse

I got a few lots but either way I am not losing any sleep.

GHL is quite a good share.

Ryan88

1,327 posts

Posted by Ryan88 > 2017-03-25 22:48 | Report Abuse

I will say all alibaba relevant stocks will drop in long term. Lets see

moneySIFU

5,848 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2017-04-06 13:40 | Report Abuse

Pavilion, thank you for your sharing, learn something new today

Axelrod

60 posts

Posted by Axelrod > 2017-04-13 08:50 | Report Abuse

Pavilion and moneySIFU, care to update us on your long post regarding how GHL will not benefit from Alipay?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz