6 people like this.

27 comment(s). Last comment by shazza 2017-04-13 21:33

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2017-04-01 10:07 | Report Abuse

Malaysia has one of the best talent pools. We have a long history of hiring Malaysians.

The brains here are available at a very reasonable price and they are reasonably hungry.

One of the reasons talents here are good is because they tend to have a very good college education – their parents have invested a lot in this area.

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-04-01 10:26 | Report Abuse

Until recently, our only investments in Malaysia have primarily been in plantations, because palm oil is an internationally traded commodity quoted in US dollars.

So, palm oil has in fact benefited and balanced from a weak currency. But now I see not only palm oil but crude oil too, which is another component that is very important to Malaysia, stabilising and improving. On top of which we are beginning to see some weakness in the US dollar against all currencies. So, we would like to come back. We also know that in Malaysia, the reform of Government-linked companies (GLCs) is progressing.

NOTE THESE WORDS:

"We also know that in Malaysia, the reform of Government-linked companies (GLCs) is progressing"

Calvin comments:

It takes a Warren Buffet of Hong Kong to SEE "THAT THE REFORM OF GOVERNMENT-LINKED COMPANIES (GLCs) IS PROGRESSING".

Calvin Tan Research from Singapore also pointed out that DRB is being transformed into an ECommerce Entity through POS Malaysia. This reforming of DRB from Proton into Ecommerce Future is one of Govt-backed initiative.

Question now is,

"HOW COME ONLY WARREN BUFFET OF HONG KONG & Calvin from Singapore could SEE so clearly while Malaysian themselves are so myopic?

So near also cannot see ah? And it takes people from Hong Kong & Singapore to tell you THE TRUE PICTURE!!

jayalbert

1,574 posts

Posted by jayalbert > 2017-04-01 10:27 | Report Abuse

2017.. year of the KLSE's comeback..

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2017-04-01 12:33 | Report Abuse

wow great calvin of spore,how mpland? how bjcorp? how pmcorp?

as usual you are a mouse having hallucination you have turned into a lion.

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2017-04-01 12:36 | Report Abuse

Calvin,your doc at IMH is calling for you.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2017-04-01 13:55 | Report Abuse

......There still are some risks in Malaysia. For example, Malaysia is not particularly cheap despite its strong underperformance.

If I recall, it is trading at a price earnings ratio of 16 times. That is not a symptom of a cheap market.

If you buy the Malaysian market in general, you may end up with a basket of moderately expensive big-caps.......

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2017-04-01 13:57 | Report Abuse

So, TF of Airasia, Have u met him during AA roadshow last few days in HK? Told him AA low PE n high growth?

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2017-04-01 14:48 | Report Abuse

I love this part most as I always kept reminding myself too, anything can happen in stock market & all time stay alert.

-----------------------------------------------
What is that one thing which can derail a person, particularly a fund manager’s success?

Ego. The disease of the asset management industry is ego.

The moment you have an ego, and you are not humble anymore, that is your downfall. And it’s not just me saying it. It’s true consistently in any country in the world where fund management success makes some people think they are God because they are controlling so much money.

Once they have ego, they start making a huge number of mistakes almost immediately.

So for people like me, I believe in staying humble. Keep your feet on the ground and never forget where you came from. If you can remain humble no matter how successful you are, the world will be at your feet.
01/04/2017 14:47

IamGoogle

836 posts

Posted by IamGoogle > 2017-04-01 14:56 | Report Abuse

Just read the Edge Weekly on "Aberdeen bullish on Malaysian equities", not bad too.

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-04-01 15:40 | Report Abuse

Hi guys,

Calvin thinks Datuk Ch Cheah is a real smart fella.

He bought chunks of BDY in early days. Then Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway discovered BDY with its electric car. So Warren bought lots of BDY shares.
And Ch Cheah took the opportunity to sell to Warren & reaped huge profits

Read this nice one hour investment speech by Datuk Cheah. The speech is enlightening!

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/03/26/expert-time-ripe-to-invest-back-into-malaysia/

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-04-01 15:53 | Report Abuse

Fortune Bull It's very difficult to deal with Mahathir! Proton is his baby and Syed Mokhtar is his crony! Najib is quite flexible, and friendly to investors! The roadblock for Drbhicom is no other than Mahathir! In the end we will bare Mahathir mistakes!
01/04/2017 20:32

How come you are still oblivious that Mahathir is no longer the Chairman of Proton?

He already resigned I think more than 1 year ago!

Precisely due to Mahathir's failure in Proton & DRB - Pm Najib has taken this oportunity to turn DRB around.

For what?

FOR GAINING POLITICAL mileage if DRB turns profitable & claim the credit!

So better OPEN YOUR EYES & SEE!!

Posted by 稻田·* 片片绿青~粒粒芳香 > 2017-04-01 16:00 | Report Abuse

Good morning calvin boss

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2017-04-01 16:23 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing the news again, Mr Calvin

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2017-04-01 16:26 | Report Abuse

World is big enough for TTB to know all funds he is managing are just small funds

Unicorn

768 posts

Posted by Unicorn > 2017-04-01 17:18 | Report Abuse

When you guys start to feel so bullish in market, I scared liao.

Posted by Nighelanghelo > 2017-04-01 18:51 | Report Abuse

Can you please put [Edge] and [BFM] and so on in front of your posts, so we wouldn't see them again here? 3/4 of your posts are from Edge or BFM which I'm sure most of us here accessed on our own anyway. Thank you.

sell

2,429 posts

Posted by sell > 2017-04-01 22:31 | Report Abuse

Good post. Those holding DRB always in denial that they have bad management. If good why Proton keep bleeding red and sales going downhill?

I agree totally, that is why geely of china decided not to buy proton from drb bec, it is controlled by some difficult to deal with ppl. I personally doubtful about the success of drb oso bec of their management not the company...
01/04/2017 15:31

cheated

923 posts

Posted by cheated > 2017-04-01 22:43 | Report Abuse

Since Calvin like DRB so much can someone show picture actually Calvin drive Proton?

MusangK1ng

183 posts

Posted by MusangK1ng > 2017-04-01 23:51 |

Post removed.Why?

MusangK1ng

183 posts

Posted by MusangK1ng > 2017-04-01 23:52 | Report Abuse

I OWN DRB ALSO BUT WHEN I SEE UR ARTICLES I FEEL VERY WORRIED AS MOST OF YOUR CALL WENT TO HOLANG.

Posted by pengembaraalam > 2017-04-02 03:24 | Report Abuse

i dont hold dr, but i think drb is quite ok for long term. still undervalue. if the price goes below than RM1 again, then I buy. Now, there are a lot opportunity in other stock. But DRb is still a good opportunity

Posted by Valueseeker > 2017-04-02 09:58 | Report Abuse

Confluence of positive news on emerging markets including Malaysia this year.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-04-02 11:44 | Report Abuse

can't find any thing better than a has been? DRB, I mean, not the guy.

speakup

25,067 posts

Posted by speakup > 2017-04-03 10:33 | Report Abuse

after read this article, every uncles & aunty SAI LANG (ALL IN) Bursa Malaysia!

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-04-03 12:03 | Report Abuse

Nice April fool joke

shazza

251 posts

Posted by shazza > 2017-04-13 21:33 | Report Abuse

Malaysians must strive to make good 'trump' the infamous ones and Malaysians can make our country great again!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz