Posted by John Lu > Jul 12, 2017 12:47 AM | Report Abuse

I wonder why rank 224?

Rank 224?

Come back in December 31st 2017 & See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ySoCpqyGs

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2017-07-12 01:48 | Report Abuse

Looks like Calvin is desperately trying to cash-in his chips as he now realises that he is on the wrong end of the real estate cycle. When property eventually moves up (ditto for L&G and Duta), he will say `I told you so'. Meanwhile, expect more promoting from him on L&G. Duta?

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 02:15 | Report Abuse

choop818,

Calvin thinks you will miss the boat.
GEELY JV WITH PROTON IS A FOREGONE CONCLUSION.
And you should know that Sg Rengit and Bandar Penawar Property prices boomed because of PENGERANG's RAPID DRAWING IN 70,000 Strong population.

Likewise GEELY JV WITH PROTON TO INCREASE PRODUCTION OF CARS IN TG MALIM WILL DRAW IN 60,000 PROTON STAFF AND VENDORS.

POPULATION BOOM WILL LEAD TO MORE NEED FOR DWELLING PLACES AND BUSINESSES.

THUS CREATING REAL ESTATE SPILLOVER BOOM HERE. DESARU ALTHOUGH HALF HOUR FROM PENGERANG ALSO BOOMED.

SURELY, L&G'S 2,494 ACRES OF LANDS IN KERLING ONLY 15 MINUTES AWAY FROM TG MALIM WILL GO UP IN VALUE TOO.

nekosan

3,637 posts

Posted by nekosan > 2017-07-12 07:23 | Report Abuse

Said investment so easy but rank 224. Hahhahaa

Sslee

4,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-07-12 08:38 | Report Abuse

Dear calvintaneng,
Between Bpuri, Dutaland, Bjcorp, TalamT and L&G which all have deep value land assets. Please advice which one should I sell now and just concentrated on one of them that will give me the faster and biggest returned.
I only have limited fund and thus cannot invest in all of them hence your advice will be much sought after and appreciated.
Thank you

wotvr

841 posts

Posted by wotvr > 2017-07-12 08:47 | Report Abuse

Just buy everything! Surely one will go up while the rest go Holland.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 08:48 | Report Abuse

Sslee

The one with the deepest land assets in
Bj Corp. This is a long term asset play if you can wait like waiting for mau sang wang durian.

OTHERS ARE ALSO FILLED WITH DEEP ASSETS.

ONLY TALAMT AND L&G WILL SEE UNLOCKING OF VALUE DUE TO GEELY COMING TO TG MALIM BIG TIME.

WHEN PEOPLE SEE GEELY DESIGNED CARS BEING BUILT IN TG MALIM THEY WILL RUSH TO INVEST IN ASSETS AND LANDS NEARBY.

SO INVEST WHERE COMING BOOM STARTS SOON

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 08:51 | Report Abuse

Bpuri and Dutaland also very good in assets. For Dutaland results in August should be positive if sale of Kenny Hill lands are reported. And for Bpuri the ongoing projects should contribute positively.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 08:52 | Report Abuse

FOR L&G BY VIRTUE OF IT BEING SO GROSSLY UNVERVALUE NOW IT SHOULD ATTRACT A TAKE OVER OR PRIVATISATION LIKE TMAKMUR, KULIM, SUPER ENTERPRIZE, THESTORE OR WANGZHENG.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 08:55 | Report Abuse

Going to Booming Iskandar now.

See you guys later.

Sslee

4,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-07-12 09:14 | Report Abuse

Dear Calvintaneng,
I had be warned by many in the i3 community that some of the listed company tycoons are treating their listed company as their piggy bank and they are only interest to enrich themselves by even cheating all the minority shareholders. One on them is Vincent Tan.
So of all the 5 companies which one of them have a record of more honorable owner that readily share the wealth of the company with all the shareholders.
Thank you

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2017-07-12 09:51 | Report Abuse

Sslee, tough question.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-12 17:02 | Report Abuse

Not only you have to beware of these tycoons. You also need to be aware of number 1 holang king like Tan Eng.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-12 18:17 | Report Abuse

Sslee,

This is what i think though others might not agree.

TalamT boss by virtue of him being a Christian should be quite trasparent and safe.

Opcom's Boss is another honest guy.

Pba should be quite safe as Elder Lim sets a good example for his son LGE.

L&G bosses at first i thought were no good due to L&G being so cash rich yet asked for more monies by Rights Issue.
I was wrong. After studying their modus operandi i now believe they acted in the best interest of the company.

TSVT though thought to be questionable still has his own best interest to secure. Ultimately i think he hopes Bj Corp is doing well. That's why he has loaded up on Bj Corp shares in stead of selling.

This is Calvin's opinion. Others might differ from what i said. It does not matter.

l made my conclusions based on what i know best.

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-07-13 10:52 | Report Abuse

Worth zero cent research report. A typical conflict of interest plus Holland way of suicidal recommendations. 伤人伤自己

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-07-13 10:52 | Report Abuse

Bad!

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-13 13:51 | Report Abuse

The book says,
Every prudent man deals with knowledge.

Present your counter arguments if you have any.

Don't just pour out foolishness.

All wise people can discern what is right from wrong.

Today is another opportunity to buy L&G (Land & Gold) on the cheap.

Once fly away all who failed to act now will surely miss the boat.

Don't cry father cry mother then

chongyo

114 posts

Posted by chongyo > 2017-08-12 07:44 | Report Abuse

Calvin, I see that your investment style is investing in undervalued companies with undervalued fixed assets such as land/property. They are long list of such companies around with some even hoarding more than 50% NTA as cash and with NO debts! Examples are : SPB, Keck Seng, MPHB capital and many more which you haven't touched on.

My investment style has been exactly like yours. But in the end of the day, my 10 years return holding such stocks see single digit annualised return. On the other hand, I also don't plunge into problem during crisis.

Now I give more weightage to whether the companies have a sound on-going business/venture that generate strong and sustainable profit and cashflow. I begin to emphasize on the quality of management and if the controlling shareholders has track record rewarding shareholders with dividend within the companies' financial capability.

Buying base on undervalued fixed asset proposition( esp land/property) may not guarantee anything if companies do not monetise the asset and even if companies do monetise the asset but refuse to reward shareholders. It may just be a waiting game.

Just share my thought

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-08-12 09:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by chongyo > Aug 12, 2017 07:44 AM | Report Abuse

Calvin, I see that your investment style is investing in undervalued companies with undervalued fixed assets such as land/property. They are long list of such companies around with some even hoarding more than 50% NTA as cash and with NO debts! Examples are : SPB, Keck Seng, MPHB capital and many more which you haven't touched on.

My investment style has been exactly like yours. But in the end of the day, my 10 years return holding such stocks see single digit annualised return. On the other hand, I also don't plunge into problem during crisis.

Now I give more weightage to whether the companies have a sound on-going business/venture that generate strong and sustainable profit and cashflow. I begin to emphasize on the quality of management and if the controlling shareholders has track record rewarding shareholders with dividend within the companies' financial capability.

Buying base on undervalued fixed asset proposition( esp land/property) may not guarantee anything if companies do not monetise the asset and even if companies do monetise the asset but refuse to reward shareholders. It may just be a waiting game.

Just share my thought

Good morning chongyo,

Yes, you are correct to say

"Calvin, I see that your investment style is investing in undervalued companies with undervalued fixed assets such as land/property."

For 10 years I have followed this deep discount of price to asset approach since I read about Walter Schloss

These are the stocks I bought which saw success

Hignyiap, DNP, I&P, Paramount Garden, Pelangi Bhd, Johor Land, QSR, Triumphal. Harisson, Ajiya & many others

I also bought KSeng much earlier at Rm1.60, Selangor Property around Rm3.30 & Mphbcap at Rm1.38. All sold already for profits.

Of course there are those that did not perform as well.

But this has been a happy experiment. So far so good.

I found out that many of them under perform because Majority owners want to privatise it. That could be the reason why they under perform like Kulim, Tmakmur & TheStore.

In the case of Harrison selling at Rm1.40 with NTA of over Rm3.00 the Indonesia Owner wanted to take it private at Rm1.40 which was a ridiculous price. It was opposed & today Harrison is near Rm4.00

Yes, after watching all the past examples I think there are good & bad signs to watch out for

1) If a company is good Insiders will load up as share prices go down. Last time Yee Lee share price dropped from Rm2.00 to Rm1.00. I alerted my Johor Sifu & we both bought into YeeLee then. After bonus issue the average cost of YeeLee is only 35 sen. So YeeLee is an 8 baggars today. However, YeeLee is no longer cheap today & with rising commodity prices. YeeLee will also be impacted like F&N now due to high costs of operation.

2) A good company with high assets can be bad if Insiders took opportunity to dispose Assets on the cheap to 3rd party companies which they also own through proxies. This is a form of fraud.

3) And for a company of deep value to see excitement is by Disposal of Assets. Example is Lienhoe which sold a piece of Land in Bandar Sri Alam recently for 10 times its book value. At that Lienhoe price shot up.

4) I hold these ones due to these reasons

a) Mui Bhd (Divorce settlement will force Asset sale)
b) Bj Corp (Insiders buying & holding firm as prices weakened)
c) PBA (This utility stock has deep discount to Asset Value)

joetay

3,737 posts

Posted by joetay > 2017-08-12 12:50 | Report Abuse

@chongyu,

i suggest u not to quit ur day job to do full time trading.

@calvintaneng,

when i see u wrote booming iskandar, i know u r a joker. anyone who listens to u better prepare to have 80% chance to go jump cliff.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz