Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by HauToInvest 2017-08-16 19:23

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2017-08-16 15:26 | Report Abuse

Do you know Jura's sales in 1H/17 and if the pattern continues to be reflected in Uchitec's results?
Jura may have other vendors, including some in China, and so the correlation may not be perfect.
That could be the reason Jura's sales in 2016 were higher than in 2008, but not Uchitec's.

Posted by investodiva > 2017-08-16 15:40 | Report Abuse

I'm surprise someone talks about this gem now. It's slow and steady

Posted by HauToInvest > 2017-08-16 19:23 | Report Abuse

ronnietan,

1) Jura is not a publicly listed company, they do not disclose much about their financials. I'm not sure if they have interim results

2) My intention here is to use Jura's sales as an indicator for the automated coffee machine sales trend in Europe. Jura is a pure coffee machine maker; other brands may or may not disclose their coffee machine sales. Nonetheless, if Jura is doing well, I speculate that other manufacturers like Krups is doing well too

3) You're right. I also believe that Jura has few suppliers to diversify their business risks. But I speculate again that UCHITEC is the major one. On the other hand, Jura is not the only customer of UCHITEC who supplies to many other brands like Krups.

4) It's a good observation. Assuming Jura is the only customer of UCHITEC and vice versa; inventory has to be taken into consideration to understand the sales relationship between these two companies, in addition to currency exchange rate. That is, Jura might have run down their inventory to meet demand. I think we need volume data to understand more

Post a Comment
Market Buzz