2 people like this.

22 comment(s). Last comment by PlsGiveBonus 2017-11-21 00:29

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2017-11-16 22:23 | Report Abuse

In the first place, dont go creating your own acronyms graham will be turning in his grave go bless his soul. secondly, everything you ever need on fundamental analysis is freely available on the internet, and there are free lunches, just not from you. so say so, and dont go around saying there isnt and proclaiming yourself to be saviour

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-16 22:28 | Report Abuse

Of course it is easy, all you need to do is make a new cryptocurrency and sell it, many people willing to turn their fiat money into Bitcoin.

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2017-11-16 23:27 | Report Abuse

Buy stocks when most people fear.

Many Malaysian stocks have been extremely undervalued. You can start buying stocks which have next QR announcements this month. Some of them are on a bagain sale!!

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-11-17 07:11 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the chart, it's a sobering fact there are much more losers than winners.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2017-11-17 07:58 | Report Abuse

The 2 authors also wrote a research paper titled 'Boys will be boys' on how male are generally overconfident compared to female and as a result trade more to the detrimental effect of lower return. And I think this is important. One does not become something just because they associate themselves with it. We can read Ben Graham, Warren Buffett and understand the principles of value investing but it doesn't make us a value investor. All value investor like to think 'we are 'better' than those average investors'. That is a dangerous mindset. I can categories myself as a 'value investor' but carry on with the behaviour of checking the share price everyday. I am not criticising value investing, the principle is sound, but the danger lies when someone confuse themselves between investing and gambling. And value investors are especially vulnerable to this illusion when they think they are practising VI just because they are familiar with the concept. This is probably just as applicable to other type of investor i.e fundamental, growth or whatsoever.

The point is - Overconfident permeate the entire investing community no matter what you like to think yourself are. And it is not what you think you are i.e I am a value investor that determine your long-term return, but rather it is the attitude one carries in the market that determine if he makes or loss money in the long run. Market is blind to categorisation. He doesn't care what you like to categories yourself as, if you don't have the right temperament, if you don't practice skepticism, humility, you will be part of the statistics.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-17 12:26 | Report Abuse

If it is so difficult for many people to make money, then you shouldn't put your money in it.
But this value investor want to play with fire, they will tell you this Ponzi has value, people do not buying into this Ponzi that no longer work. If there is choice, one is easy to make money for everyone, the other is that make money in the expense of other people, I will choose the former. this Ponzi is created by the old generation and expecting the younger generation to foot their bills, fat hope!! They will make their new system and obsolete the old buggy system.

888newbie

180 posts

Posted by 888newbie > 2017-11-17 14:21 | Report Abuse

just buy what kcchong buys. simple. end of story.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-11-17 17:38 | Report Abuse

Posted by valuelurker > Nov 16, 2017 10:23 PM | Report Abuse
In the first place, dont go creating your own acronyms graham will be turning in his grave go bless his soul. secondly, everything you ever need on fundamental analysis is freely available on the internet, and there are free lunches, just not from you. so say so, and dont go around saying there isnt and proclaiming yourself to be saviour

"acronyms"? What "acronyms" in this article you are referring to? Please elaborate.

"graham will be turning in his grave"? Why? What has this article to do with Graham?

"secondly, everything you ever need on fundamental analysis is freely available on the internet"

True true true, and that was what I said in the article as appended below too, didn't I?

"There are a lot of resources and help out there. My service is just one of them."

"and there are free lunches, just not from you."

Maybe you are right above. Hence I never "proclaiming yourself to be saviour", did I?

Do you provide "free lunch"? Are you a "savior"?

I don't think so, but I think even you do, I doubt anybody will take your "free lunch", or look at you as their "savior".

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-11-17 21:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > Nov 17, 2017 12:26 PM | Report Abuse
If it is so difficult for many people to make money, then you shouldn't put your money in it.
But this value investor want to play with fire, they will tell you this Ponzi has value, people do not buying into this Ponzi that no longer work. If there is choice, one is easy to make money for everyone, the other is that make money in the expense of other people, I will choose the former. this Ponzi is created by the old generation and expecting the younger generation to foot their bills, fat hope!! They will make their new system and obsolete the old buggy system.

Investopedia defines Ponzi scheme as "a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a non-existent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors."

So which is closely resemble a Ponzi scheme; the Bitcoin thingy you have been harping and harping and harping, or my value investing?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-17 22:39 | Report Abuse

The idea itself is contradicting itself
Investment and "quick return to the first investor"
We are brainwashed by the idea every profit come at the expense of later investors.
So stock market isn't Ponzi, because the IPO launched and insider made all the money, not even the first investor can make some profit, what a brilliant idea. Now everyone want to access the value of Bitcoin, they can't access it, so they call it Ponzi. :D

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2017-11-18 17:30 | Report Abuse

Really brightened up a dull Saturday..
Pl keep the heat on, hehe...

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-18 18:06 | Report Abuse

This is hot topic we talk about making money.
But what is money at the first place? Who make the money? How money is valued? Blah, blah.
First, money is nothing more than a piece of paper with perceived value, everyone with power can make more money with just a press of button, the person is central bank, who give them the power to do so?
In my opinion money is an intellectual property just like any computer or software, it has no tangible asset and value, nothing, what is Bitcoin has value? It has intellectual property value, and it is far superior to your money that is inflationary. You don't like intellectual property? Then you don't like money.

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2017-11-18 18:22 | Report Abuse

What IP blah bla bla...Simple !! Bitcoin has no borders, not boundaries..Its cross borders, cross boundaries, its A GLOBAL VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF MONEY LAUNDERING..which very much made it so popular esp. among underground tycoons and taikos.....hehe

Posted by parth791 > 2017-11-18 19:03 | Report Abuse

I currently trade with Freshforex broker and have no problem at all. Excellent customer service and quick order execution. Your reviews about it?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-18 22:17 | Report Abuse

Many people tend to give a lot of bad name to it.
This is all about making money, central bank feel threaten and don't want to see it happens, they want control over money, when they have the control, they can control all human, they can continue to control this world.

ramsyll

155 posts

Posted by ramsyll > 2017-11-18 22:38 | Report Abuse

To all the retiree's out there... Mr.C, Paul and others... who are NOT financial savvy, my humble advice is for you to engage a proper fund manager to manage your funds in getting a return that is suitable to your risk preference.

Please go through the List of Capital Markets Services Licence holders for Fund Management issued by Securities Commission to ensure that your are given proper financial advice as to your requirements.

Personally, i use Phillip Capital to manage my retirement fund. Why you might ask? Becoz of Mr. Ang Kok Heng who is the Chief Investment Officer.. you can google him for his credentials.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-11-19 09:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by ramsyll > Nov 18, 2017 10:38 PM | Report Abuse
To all the retiree's out there... Mr.C, Paul and others... who are NOT financial savvy, my humble advice is for you to engage a proper fund manager to manage your funds in getting a return that is suitable to your risk preference.
Please go through the List of Capital Markets Services Licence holders for Fund Management issued by Securities Commission to ensure that your are given proper financial advice as to your requirements.
Personally, i use Phillip Capital to manage my retirement fund. Why you might ask? Becoz of Mr. Ang Kok Heng who is the Chief Investment Officer.. you can google him for his credentials.

I kind of agree with the above; if you have little knowledge and experience in investing, get a fund manager to do for you, preferably those with CMSRL.

But bear in mind fund managers and institutional investors make up the bulk of players in the market, and hence on average, a fund manager's performance will be average. In fact, an average fund manager will be likely to give you below average result because of fees. That is the nature of the industry.

Your costs determines your return in the long term. Know and understand your costs, which in my opinion, few appreciate this.

There are indeed some good fund managers out there who consistently outperform, but you can find out their performance through the funds they manage.

ramsyll

155 posts

Posted by ramsyll > 2017-11-19 15:08 | Report Abuse

Fundamental rule in investing is:
1. Don't invest using money that you CANNOT afford to lose.
2. Don't borrow money to invest.

I'm pretty sure retiree's can't afford to lose their money so as I said before, if you are NOT financial savvy, engage a fund manager to manage your fund. Yes, i can agree that some of these fund managers fee's are higher than those offered by egoistic free-lance unlicensed fund managers who offer such services BUT bear in mind, these fund managers hire professionals to do the work, professionals who are industry knowledgeable in analysing company performances viz-a-viz general market or special industry segment.

I'm a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant and I can say that I'm fairly good in fundamental investing by myself BUT I still engage a fund manager to manage the bulk of my fund based on my risk appetite. Trust me, fundamental investing takes a lot of time to research, and even then what you have the materials, they are public knowledge, and market price would have accounted for it, hence the gem is to do a little forecasting viz-a-viz company future, industry, segment etc.. there are thousands of companies listed on the Bursa.. good luck !!

Therefore, if you are a retiree, it's time to enjoy your retirement, enjoy your time with your loved ones, meet up with your old friends, go and play golf, travel while you still can and let the fund managers manage your hard-earned cannot afford to lose retirement fund !

Cheers !

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-11-19 17:07 | Report Abuse

RUBBISH LOH...IF U R REALLY FINANCIAL SAVVY...WHY WASTE TIME & MONIES ON 3RD PARTY TO INVEST ON UR BEHALF LEH ??

U SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE TO DO IT YOURSELF LOH...!!

Posted by ramsyll > Nov 19, 2017 03:08 PM | Report Abuse
Fundamental rule in investing is:
1. Don't invest using money that you CANNOT afford to lose.
2. Don't borrow money to invest.

I'm pretty sure retiree's can't afford to lose their money so as I said before, if you are NOT financial savvy, engage a fund manager to manage your fund. Yes, i can agree that some of these fund managers fee's are higher than those offered by egoistic free-lance unlicensed fund managers who offer such services BUT bear in mind, these fund managers hire professionals to do the work, professionals who are industry knowledgeable in analysing company performances viz-a-viz general market or special industry segment.

I'm a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant and I can say that I'm fairly good in fundamental investing by myself BUT I still engage a fund manager to manage the bulk of my fund based on my risk appetite. Trust me, fundamental investing takes a lot of time to research, and even then what you have the materials, they are public knowledge, and market price would have accounted for it, hence the gem is to do a little forecasting viz-a-viz company future, industry, segment etc.. there are thousands of companies listed on the Bursa.. good luck !!

Therefore, if you are a retiree, it's time to enjoy your retirement, enjoy your time with your loved ones, meet up with your old friends, go and play golf, travel while you still can and let the fund managers manage your hard-earned cannot afford to lose retirement fund !

Cheers !

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-20 12:25 | Report Abuse

DOW goes up from 18,000 to 24,000
Don't tell me it is difficult to make 30% gain from the market
Yet I can't even make one percent? Why make it so hard to make money? Then who make the money from the bull run?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-20 14:44 | Report Abuse

Many analyst suggest Zimbabwe is the reason Bitcoin become a good store of value, the more messed up the economy of a country, the higher demand for Bitcoin to their nation, Zimbabwe basically use Bitcoin for survival. What's next? May be Venezuela will be the next country to embrace Bitcoin? Bitcoin is used for money laundering? It may be true for Zimbabwe.
:)

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-11-21 00:29 | Report Abuse

I knew right then and there that Bitcoin had the potential to change the world. My passion for Bitcoin was always framed by my ten years working in the financial industry. Many of us who lived through the 2008 crisis knew the financial system was dead. We knew it was corrupt, archaic and terminal, so many of us began bracing for what might come next. We did what we thought made sense at the time, which included buying precious metals like gold and silver given their historic track record of protecting wealth in periods of paradigm-shifting financial disruption. Others took more extreme measures to protect themselves from the end of the financial system, but a small group forward thinking geeks decided to do something much better. They decided to build an alternative.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz