2 people like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by qqq3 2018-06-19 17:50

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-06-16 21:06 | Report Abuse

Mau cari gaduh kah? Write like a professor but Hevea promoted is dying.

Posted by Chanteckfai > 2018-06-17 00:41 | Report Abuse

abang_misai still charging subscription fee for poor investment advise while creating many many fake account to attack your own subscriber?

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-06-17 02:35 | Report Abuse

Once again, thanks for sharing another excellent article.

My remisier and stockbroker, too shared that the majority (90%) of players lose money in the stock market.

For those not knowledgeable in stocks, please get educated or get a mentor. Do not invest in stocks without a sound philosophy and method.

This article shares a safe philosophy and method, but you need to know a lot more before involving in shares in a big way for the long term.

Good luck.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2018-06-17 11:30 | Report Abuse

Buying fundamentally good stocks are very important for consistent returns . Warren Buffet;s first rule is not to lose money in the first place . Good stocks with good records should be the key selections for first timers as the risk is very small. I started investing in 1998 during the once in a life time big crash when the CI index was between 250 to 600 .I started with RM 170 k using my housing overdraft . Stock investment had given me an average of 18 % ( inclusive of dividend ) annually compounded return . I bought Public Finance , Public bank,Malakoff , KMLoong , WCT , MOX , Maybank, Supermax , Elsoft , Inari ,Penta ,Airasia , Superln . I do not keep the stocks forever . I had sold most of them when it hit my targets or when the quarterly result turn negative . Some stocks gave a return of more than 20 % if you had hold it for more than 10 years . Stocks like Elsoft, Inari, Public Bank, Penta ,Top Glove , Supermx, Kossans , Hartalega ,JHM are good examples .

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-06-17 11:44 | Report Abuse

pjseow. Thks for sharing.

abang_misai and Chanteckfai do not know what they are missing. They probably will never know, given their denial or ignorance.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2018-06-17 19:31 | Report Abuse

3iii, I do have my fair share of buying wrong stocks like Megan Media and Protasco . I lost more than 60k on Megan media alone . These stocks appear to make huge profits with low PE . When their cash started to go down unreasonably , we need to cut loss quickly. Fortunately ,such stocks are a small percentage of what I bought . THe other stock which was my favourite for the last 15 years was Uchitech which has consistently deliver good dividend .

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-17 20:13 | Report Abuse

3iii,

Thanks for the motivation.

pjseow,

You should be doing well in the long-term in investing. I have no doubt about that. Kudos.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2018-06-17 21:01 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC Chong .
The young investors tend to underestimate the annual return of 18 % .They want super fast return like those in the money games ( promise of 20 % return per month ). More than 90 % of investors got burned due to unrealistic promise of such returns . Many are inpatient and can't see the power of compounding . USing the rule of 72 , it takes 4 years ( 4x18 = 72) for the initial capital to double . Take RM 170k as initial capital , 4 years later the RM 170k becomes RM 340 k. A 20 years of consistent 18% return per year compounding will yield 32 x ( 2 to the power of 5 ) of original capital . It is a solid RM 5.44 million after 20 years of investment with RM 170 k initial capital . If you select good stocks ( slim chance of losing money ) to invest with an average 4 % dividend yield , what it takes is for you to make a 14 % capital gain only to get a cumulative 18 % . If you study the records of last 15 to 20 years for Dutch Lady , Nestle , Panamy , Public Banks , the top 4 gloves companies and the few electronic and semiconductor companies , they had such returns . The key words are "dont lose money "and be patience . The Malay saying " Sedikit sedikit , lama lama jadi bukit " is the best proverb to describe such investment .

Posted by lengleng legend > 2018-06-17 21:14 | Report Abuse

sendai would always be used as an example in your article when its share price surge on a sudden... what a strange coincidence... by the way, still agree with what it is written in the article..

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-18 10:08 | Report Abuse

DickyMe "Eversendai Corp Bhd's first completed liftboat Vahana Aryan will be delivered by the first week of June, and will be fully commissioned by mid-June."
This means they will get payment for that delivery and

"Nathan said its second liftboat is at 35% completion but currently put on hold. We expect to restart the work by next three to six months," he added,"
With payment coming in, no need to source for funding.

Currently, the group is tendering for about RM20 billion worth of contracts, split equally between structure steel and oil and gas segments. The group foresees a more sizeable contracts going forward. Year to date, the group has secured about RM716 million worth of job wins."

TENDERING FOR RM20 Billion worth of contracts. Dapat 10%, sudah RM2 Billion. Apa lagi mau?
06/06/2018 09:51
===============

what did I tell you? That this kcchong got lousy sense of timing.

sendai up 2 sen to $ 1.07...and this is only the beginning.

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2018-06-18 12:20 | Report Abuse

KYY said to KC "comes polish my shoe, I give u 1 millions rupee"
KC replied " Oh brother, no need I do for free "
KYY said " very kind of you, but you cannot do for free, I give you one tip, go buy eversendai "
KC " Oh my thousand thank you boss, i will be rich by just polish shoe, next lesson, the effective ways of shoe polish "

Lesson learned/

hellbender

101 posts

Posted by hellbender > 2018-06-18 16:04 | Report Abuse

good article. Thank you.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2018-06-18 16:09 | Report Abuse

Another good article...not to b missed.
Thanks KC

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-18 17:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by myongcc5 > Jun 18, 2018 04:09 PM | Report Abuse

Another good article...not to b missed.
Thanks KC

============
write is easy

decision that makes a man

its always the same problem.....

cup half full or half empty?

moneykj

6,105 posts

Posted by moneykj > 2018-06-18 17:41 | Report Abuse

You love Sendai like one love his young mistress...lol

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-18 19:25 | Report Abuse

Posted by moneykj > Jun 18, 2018 05:41 PM | Report Abuse

You love Sendai like one love his young mistress...lol
===============

well

write is easy
but have you developed your business sense to improve your timing and to tell whether cup half full or half empty?

since its low in March , Sendai has been a top performer in the KLSE....and the cup is filling up fast......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-18 23:47 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 18, 2018 07:25 PM | Report Abuse

but have you developed your business sense to improve your timing and to tell whether cup half full or half empty?

since its low in March , Sendai has been a top performer in the KLSE....and the cup is filling up fast......

Me: What does "market timing" has to do with "business sense"?
What kind of "business sense" is yours? Your "business sense" is market timing? OMG!

What does "business sense" have to do about "to tell whether cup half full or half empty?

What is "cup half full or half empty?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-19 01:45 | Report Abuse

Mahathir has great sense of timing....Think he will do equally well in stock market as in politics.

Mahathir has great sense of timing....wrote his Malay Dilemma just at right time., resigned as PM just at right time, resigned from UMNO just at right time....comes back to politics just at the right time.

Mahathir has great sense of timing......born or cultivated? or just lucky? mathematically it is difficult to tell luck from born and cultivated.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-19 01:54 | Report Abuse

people says stock market is about FA and TA.

I say BS to that.

I say stock market is about business sense and the ability to tell whether cup is half full or half empty....and the great sense of timing.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-19 07:20 | Report Abuse

the reason why people say stock market is about FA and TA is because these are teachable skills. But , if that is necessary and sufficient , all the finance professors in the world would be highly successful. But we already know that is not true.

so, there are myths...and there are realities.

business sense and the ability to tell whether cup is half full or half empty....that would be the real necessary and sufficient conditions for success. ...but very difficult to teach.

Everyday, every transaction, sellers are negative and think it is half empty , buyers are positive and think it is half full and only one of the them is correct. The dilemma every one faces everyday, every transaction is ....whether it is really cup half full or half empty?

Wouldn't you want to be the one making the correct decisions?

Two highly trained fund managers , each with full knowledge of the situation and the said invested companies....one can be a seller, the other a buyer. But only one can be right.

Is it an innate skill or a cultivable skill? Nature or nurture?

Difficult questions.

More research is needed. Suffice to say, it is a thinking man's game. A thinking man's game in which luck plays a big and important part, yet a thinking man must try to improve his odds through constant practise and experiments.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-19 17:50 | Report Abuse

when people says stock market is about FA and TA vs
when people says stock market is about business sense, about cup half full or cup half empty, about the great sense of timing

there is a great difference in the approach, in the thought process, and in the final outcome.

when people says stock market is about FA and TA....the tendency is to be too mathematical, the question becomes what PE or NTA should I sell/buy....the tendency is to take the human out of the equation, the tendency is to be too static and predictable, the tendency is to be inflexible, a portfolio full of shares sharing the same characteristics.

when people says stock market is about business sense....it is placing business sense at the top of the priority. The question then becomes what is the business sense of owning this particular share at this particular point in time. Its a great filter.

when people says stock market is about cup half full or cup half empty...it is recognising the dual nature of the stock market, that there are always pros and cons, the yin yang of the market, and that ultimately stock market is about choices and decisions....and the ability to make decisions based on imperfect information. Some people can make decisions , others cannot.

when people says stock market is about the great sense of timing, it emphasis that the sense of timing can be developed. That it is easier to swim down stream, easier to go with the flow than to swim upstream...that prices go up slowly and can drop quickly. That it is tough to go against the prevailing trend. They call this trend analysis.

In business, in politics and in stock market, some people have highly developed sense of timing.

In stock selection it is business sense first then followed by management quality and finally to review the available records and projections....not the other way round.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz