5 people like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by lykong 2018-12-06 12:12

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-11-30 19:36 | Report Abuse

even in bull market you ask them...answers will be the same...just that that color will be in blue perhaps...

sslee, your hardwork is mind boggling.

thank you

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-11-30 19:41 | Report Abuse

You should indeed spend more time on evaluating Inari's business and stay invested there instead of Insas.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-11-30 20:11 | Report Abuse

Too long bro. Yawning

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2018-11-30 20:13 | Report Abuse

Sslee, maybe you have other objective doing all these, but my laymen view point is the effort far outstrip the benefit. How much time did you spend doing the resolution for Hengyuan? And luckily Insas is being upfront that they are not going to support the resolution, otherwise you'll be wasting your time gathering 50 signatures.

If you want a company that pays dividend, then find one that pays good dividend. But you seems to be attracted to complex situations that require a hands on activist approach. Maybe it turns you on I don't know, but just looks crazy to me. Crazy that even if the resolution go through and special dividend gets paid, you're far from guaranteeing a satisfactory return. Your ROT (return on time) and ROS (return on stress) will be so low.

brushsoo

50 posts

Posted by brushsoo > 2018-11-30 21:17 | Report Abuse

Hi SsLee, I admire and thanks for your efforts and infor posted here! Bravo!

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2018-11-30 21:20 | Report Abuse

Posted by lizi > Nov 30, 2018 09:13 PM | Report Abuse

for stock investment i suggest u follow the wisdom of datuk cheah who said: Focus is not on bad guy, focus on good guy with whom you can travel along into a prosperous future.

The problem is "How to know the good guy?"
Welcome any suggestion. Where to find them in BURSA?

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-11-30 21:44 | Report Abuse

Thank you. This was useful.

I stand with ricky abit. But its very admirable how you take things into your own hands. the market needs people like you.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-11-30 21:45 | Report Abuse

forget about the market, the society need people like sslee even more..lol

283 posts

Posted by 1010 > 2018-11-30 22:12 | Report Abuse

thank you , appreciate your efforts..

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-11-30 22:28 | Report Abuse

Dear Probability and Ricky Yeo,
I cannot really know how to describe it but deep inside me I have this inner calling to fight for justices, to voice for voiceless, to stand up for the weak and oppressed. At the same time I believe in the goodness of people and everybody deserves a second chance, because life is too complicated to get it right the first time.
My heart does not have hatred nor were my actions motivated by my anger or wants of revenge. I feel the pains and at time the helplessness as what the elder man at the INSAS 56th AGM felt. I believe our actions, inactions or omissions today will have a consequent in the future thus I just do what I can today without expecting any immediate result but deep inside me hoping my action today will somehow have an impact to make a different in influencing the future in a positive way.
By the way I am working oversea and I have the whole weekend to myself to do something useful and I consider reading and writing are very stimulating and fulfilling activities that I enjoy.

Dear king36,
Good question, “How to know or find the good guy or bad guy in Bursa?”
The answer is very simple just attend company AGM yourself and ask the tough questions and make your own judgment is the top man running the company trustworthiness.

The tough question will be are we good or bad?
We all inherit both the good and bad inside us. Some have a better self control over the bad thus they become good. Some succumb to the temptation of the bad thus they become bad. Some constantly battling the good and bad inside them hence they are neither bad nor good. But for sure everybody needs a little help, support, encouragement, faith and motivation from others to pull themselves up and become good. Will we then unconditionally support each other to be good?

Thank you
P/S:
Now as a man is like this or like that,
according as he acts and according as he behaves, so will he be;
a man of good acts will become good, a man of bad acts, bad;
he becomes pure by pure deeds, bad by bad deeds;

And here they say that a person consists of desires,
and as is his desire, so is his will;
and as is his will, so is his deed;
and whatever deed he does, that he will reap.
— Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, 7th Century BCE

TheContrarian

8,717 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2018-11-30 22:34 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Sslee, the thing about Insas the Company having only RM22 million to distribute as dividends is pure bullshit. You see the wholly owned subsidiaries that hold the huge profits can at anytime declare as much dividends as possible to Insas to increase Insas' current small pool of RM22 million and thus enable much greater amount of dividends to be distributed to shareholders of Insas. There are too many intermediate holding companies in between. For instance I think Inari shares are held via wholly owned Insas Technology Sdn. Bhd., so the dividends from Inari go to this subsidiary rather than directly to Insas. Therefore Insas Technology Sdn Bhd. should be declaring and paying dividends to Insas and dividends are tax exempt meaning no income tax payable.

Posted by sense maker > 2018-12-01 11:49 | Report Abuse

Directors take home rm10m a year remuneration. A big portion of that goes to the controlling shareholder who treats the company as his. The other 26,000 shareholders share rm7m dividend a year.
A company absolutely doesn’t need profitability to redeem preference shares. It only needs cash which it has aplenty from past profits.
The 2 sen dividend this year is a good start. But Insas is a typical case of self-serving controlling shareholder. A value trap. You see its value but you won’t get to receive it as minority shareholders. It has been so for 10 years.

TheContrarian

8,717 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2018-12-01 15:37 | Report Abuse

Absolutely correct no need profits to redeem preference shares. Directors just trying to bullshit.

Jarklp

175 posts

Posted by Jarklp > 2018-12-04 23:16 | Report Abuse

Thanks SSLee. Somehow I feel the management and BOD are too conservative. The same group of people give the same answers and resolutions every year. There is no push factor for them to do their job better. Sad to say rewarding shareholders is not in their agenda.

lykong

4 posts

Posted by lykong > 2018-12-06 12:12 | Report Abuse

Dividend policy should not be related to market sentiment, company is trying to relate company performance with stock market thus shareholders rewards....

Post a Comment
Market Buzz