3 people like this.

16 comment(s). Last comment by TradeLearner 2019-12-25 14:36

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-06-17 22:42 | Report Abuse

amazing that they are competent enough to move to China....

shortage of labour in Dongguan? thats something i cant understand

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-18 03:11 | Report Abuse

I could answer this question, the reason was actually very simple. Prior to 2018, iq group was going very well as a ODM and OEM for other international companies. Meaning they would make products that were used and branded by Osram, Phillips, L&E, etc. Demand and sales were doing very well.
However it decided to tip it's hand by using the design learned from it's customers and produce it's own product, which directly competed with it's own customers. This was a disastrous move.

Being very unhappy, and as the main players for LED lighting is very small, almost all of them decided to drop purchasing from iqgroup and found other manufacturers instead. Almost overnight the sales and earnings dried up.

Moving forward, iqgroup will no longer be able to do OEM or ODM business as they have burned that bridge. Time Will tell if lumiqs is able to compete in a very competitive marketplace.

>>>>>>>>>

in FYE March 2018, the group's profitability was adversely affected by a combination of the followings :-

(a) slow down in sales (reason unknown);

Eastern686

510 posts

Posted by Eastern686 > 2019-06-18 05:22 | Report Abuse

Thank you Philip. Now I know why their profit tank.

anticon

85 posts

Posted by anticon > 2019-06-18 07:32 | Report Abuse

don't tipu lah, you scumbag conman and cheater Icon8888. Ya lah, very clever you ask people to buy while you sell always. You scumbag conman and cheater Icon8888 had been doing this trick so many time and didn't I caught you before and you subconsciously admit it. Friends, please don't get con and cheater by this tipu conman pariah Icon8888.
Better you scumbag conman and cheater Icon8888, go and jump into the jamban hole and hide there, you tak malu always want to con and cheat, puii puii puii.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2019-06-18 09:01 | Report Abuse

I do have that suspicion that establishing its own brand it at the cost of OEM/ODM business. In any way, even though IQ Group tries to brand Lumiqs as a somewhat Western brand, the Passive Infra Red (PIR) space is very crowded. Just do a search on PIR sensors in Alibaba and you will see a huge array of products from Chinese manufacturers. I'm also irked by the way IQ Group advertises their products claiming that it saves up to 90% electricity without divulging the basis of that claim. LEDs are about 80% more efficient than Halogens so a simple change from Halogen to LED would be able to meet that 90% goal. Having said that, price has come down a lot so the risk-reward is much better than when it was RM3+ few years ago.

value88

701 posts

Posted by value88 > 2019-06-18 12:31 | Report Abuse

U guys can refer to Karex when it decided to have its own brand of condom, its sales from other customer decreased, and its marketing expenses for its own brand products increased. Resulting, decreasing earnings..

value88

701 posts

Posted by value88 > 2019-06-18 12:32 | Report Abuse

I am not saying IQ will end up like Karex, but the principle is we need to watch out when a company decides to develop its own brand, after being a OEM/ODM manufacturer for some times. It can be a make or break situation.

Posted by Lukey_Greek > 2019-06-18 13:56 | Report Abuse

Yes, it makes me think of Karex too. Sales keep going down. The issues are structural instead of cyclical.

supersaiyan3

3,125 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2019-06-18 21:53 | Report Abuse

Tough market. Now China players are sending its goods through Taiwan and Vietnam. Another relocation to Malaysia is good. Lol

Posted by Investor 999 > 2019-06-19 19:23 | Report Abuse

中美贸易战使到很多美国大公司的生产线已经陆续从中国迁移至东南亚各国, IQ 却从马国迁移到中国, 你认为她历害吗?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-19 21:39 | Report Abuse

No idea. Would be better if they stuck to OEM.

Tee Tom

167 posts

Posted by Tee Tom > 2019-06-19 22:59 | Report Abuse

LED lighting is a very competitive red sea market especially in China. We actually able to get the online purchase through Taobao/Lazada full with choices of Led light with very cheap price. But this is the residential lighting. i am not sure IQ group manufacture which type of lighting. IQ group for sure has the ability to manufacture the lighting. But not sure whether do they have ability to explore to the market which is last time is not doing by them.

zhen wei & JP

1,169 posts

Posted by zhen wei & JP > 2019-06-19 23:41 | Report Abuse

Well seems like a good brand luminars?
Have not tried this... Im going to try this.

Philip Greta

4,785 posts

Posted by Philip Greta > 2019-11-16 09:06 | Report Abuse

Holland sifu

Posted by TradeLearner > 2019-12-25 14:36 | Report Abuse

@icon8888 are you still holding IQ shares? I sense it is nearing it's turnaround point, and the current price looks extremely beaten down. With almost non-existent retails holders.

But every quarter, it's the same story. What do you all think?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz