Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by john doe 2019-10-10 10:03

speakup

25,168 posts

Posted by speakup > 2019-10-10 09:25 | Report Abuse

halo, poor locals dont want public transport subsidy lah cos they higher class than those foreign workers that take public transport

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2019-10-10 09:34 | Report Abuse

This is most interesting, your thinking that poor local do not use public transport as it is below their dignity or whatever.

I am not poor (by definition) nor rich, but every-time I am in KL, I tried my best to use either the LRT / MRT or even the monorail. And if not possible, e-hailing.

In fact everywhere I go in the world - I try to use public transport to see places and use the money saved for food or entertainment. Stretch the money - see.

Maybe the poor in Malaysia (assuming you speak for them) should consider public transport to get away from the debt-trap of owning a car.

Have a nice day.

john doe

749 posts

Posted by john doe > 2019-10-10 10:03 | Report Abuse

Subsidized public transport is the best. It covers a much larger population B40 and M40. M40 is the most pitiful category here. They contributed the most but get the least. When more people use public transport, there will be less jam at road and less petrol fuel to be wasted in jam. Logistic economy including goods delivery will be improved too.

So, why waste money subsidize petrol??

Post a Comment
Market Buzz