12 comment(s). Last comment by looiting 2021-12-20 22:08

Erudite

248 posts

Posted by Erudite > 2020-09-19 16:39 | Report Abuse

Tq gud read

newbie8080

2,729 posts

Posted by newbie8080 > 2020-09-21 17:19 | Report Abuse

Refer to last quarter press release(May2020) from Topglove.
Topglove is now world largest nitrile glove producer.

tradeview

608 posts

Posted by tradeview > 2020-09-22 10:09 | Report Abuse

We must remember, to be a leader, capacity is not the only metric. Technology and innovation are key to ensuring you maintain your pole position. As mentioned in the article above. Hartalega is the pioneer for Nitrile along with Riverstone.

Top Glove was traditionally Latex heavy with recent years stepping up Nitrile. In terms of % of capacity, Hartalega is the highest in overall percentage ratio out of total capacity.

Posted by enigmatic [control your emotions, discipline your mind] > 2020-10-10 19:30 | Report Abuse

@tradeview,
How do you define long-term? 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?

tradeview

608 posts

Posted by tradeview > 2020-10-10 23:08 | Report Abuse

Long term picks are stocks which I am prepared to hold for years. Not for trading but for building a portfolio of stocks.

Posted by CynicalCyan > 2021-07-03 09:18 | Report Abuse

In hindsight, Hartalega did fulfil the first 4 metrics in this article.

But the 5th metric was a blunder. A lethal mistake.

Perhaps it's time to revisit this article.

Citadel666

531 posts

Posted by Citadel666 > 2021-07-03 09:38 |

Post removed.Why?

Citadel666

531 posts

Posted by Citadel666 > 2021-07-03 09:39 | Report Abuse

Ur long term investment so far generate 50 percent loss return

tradeview

608 posts

Posted by tradeview > 2021-07-03 10:45 | Report Abuse

Dear CynicalCyan, I usually do not reply to comments on forums but I was brought to the attention that you have been following my past writings quite closely, so I felt I should be polite to reply your concern.

Not only do I standby my belief in Hartalega, the forces of market inefficiency has provided opportunity to fundamental investors to accumulate and take position in a wonderful company and grow with them over time. If I think Hartalega is a gem back then, it would be more of a gem today. When I first wrote about Hartalega back in September 2020, it was around RM14. Hartalega shortly thereafter even went to a peak of RM 19+ in October 2020. Hence, if you invested in September, you would have been able to net a huge profit in 1 month close to 35% return. I believe that is a splendid return for anyone within 1 month.

Since September 2020, Hartalega earnings continued to deliver record high earnings every quarter in line with my expectations. Even the latest March 2021, with only 64% utilisation rate, the company delivered the highest record profit. In addition, the company have yet to declared the final dividend (usually declared in September or October). Despite that, the share price retraced. Does it make sense? I shall leave that to you discretion as I am in no position to advise you.

If you would like to know more, you can read my new book, Once Upon A Time In Bursa, where I share my thought process and cover stories of good companies in Malaysia's stock market, Bursa. Hartalega is featured in the book as well.

Lastly, investment is not about looking at share price alone in the short term. If you were to invest in companies, it is because you want to be a part of their growth journey. Only by doing so, you will be able to build wealth over the years. If you would like to interact with me, you can contact me at tradeview101@gmail.com as I do not check i3. Tq and all the best.

Posted by SunnySunshine > 2021-12-18 09:34 | Report Abuse

Long time didn’t see any comment from tradeview.

Also didn’t see icon for longer period, hope both of them are ok & alright

looiting

415 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-12-20 22:08 | Report Abuse

A good article. Timing is a bit out but with patience, investors can ride it out. I'm buying at these price level while waiting to buy more below RM5

Post a Comment
Market Buzz