3iii, what do you think of HIBISCS? In view of the sustained high oil demand & high oil prices, coupled with Hibiscus Petroleum's acquisitions in recent times, shouldn't HIBISCS be trading at higher valuations? Its cashflow has been pretty strong too.
DividendGuy67, I'll reply you on my personal capacity & understanding as a shareholder.
1) ICAP is not a speculative fund. Otherwise, TTB would just trade goreng stocks, instead of buying boring stocks like UTDPLT or SURIA.
2) Why would TTB sell PADINI when PADINI dividends has reduced the cost price to 0?
3) SAM is meant to be purchased for the longer term. Some of SAM's shares were sold when the share price went up too quickly previously.
4) TTB applies similar value-investing principles to Buffett, but doesn't invest totally like Buffett. When Buffett sold airlines stocks, TTB purchased Airasia (now CAPITALA).
5) But I agree with your point that the discount to NAV is a structural one, although I differ on the point where a bull market will shrink the discount. ICAP had been trading at a discount despite the bull or bear market in the past 10 years.
6) Whether a portfolio is concentrated or diversified, is not a problem if it delivers good returns. I fail to see why that is an issue with TTB, when Buffett also applies a concentrated portfolio investing method.
7) On dividends, ICAP never claimed to be a dividend fund. In fact, the issue of dividends should not arise, unless ICAP decides to change its aim to a dividend-paying fund. Note that the two special dividends given in 2013 and 2022, were under very exceptional conditions.
According to Public Investment Bank Berhad's Research Report dated 13June2023, TSH had the lowest realised average CPO price in 1Q2023 at RM3555/mt, compared to Chin Teck, FGV, GENP, IOICORP, KLK, SWKPLNT, SIMEPLT and TAANN.
trader808 is right and his/her past comments are very informative and helpful for us to gauge the situation. We also should not use past share price to determine its "cheapness". "Cheap" does not mean you can profit from it. Investors of HapSeng unfortunately are caught between a rock and a hard place.
For the 2nd consecutive year, the Stockpicks based on icapital.biz's CD Timer portfolio has performed well, ranking in the Top 20 of i3investors 2 years in a row, which is like Premier League status of English football tiers.
Hopefully, this fine performance will continue for the 3rd year.
Investmalaysiaa and Maxpowar represent the worst kind of forumers on i3investor.com.
They start insulting you when you are down and throw you with barrage of criticisms while contributing nothing.
Their comments are nothing but unjustified direct attacks on a person.
Philip ( buy what you understand) has mentioned that his intention is not to show off, but to provide the public a guide to how investing can be done. There'll be times where he'll be right, there'll be times where he'll be wrong.
Similar to last year, enigmatic's Stockpick 2022 is heavily based on the purchases made in iCapital.biz's CD Timer portfolio in year 2021. Stock Pick 2021 generated positive returns, which is not too bad amidst a challenging market.
Interestingly, with the exception of KGB & Airasia, the remaining stocks are not picked by other participants of Stock Pick Contest Year 2022 thus far.
When a company is listed on Bursa, it attains extra prestige. Why stop at 20 years of profitable listing status when you can enjoy another 20 more years? Very few companies can achieve the premier status of many years of not suffering losses.
If the Thais want to privatise, they would've done that last year when prices were even cheaper at below RM5. That would have ensured even more profits to be enjoyed, instead of sharing with thousands of other shareholders now.
Seems like people are desperate to support the price of Supermax shares that privatisation can be used as a speculative reason to buy the shares now.
Still patiently waiting for my TP to materialise. Although MCO will definitely adversely affect Genting in short-term, Covid-19 is definitely not long-term. No idea when Covid-19 will end, this year? Next year? But when it does, Genting would not stay at multi-year low prices anymore.
So, FocusMalaysia(FM) posted an article labelling one of Tradeview's article as "deceitful". FM thinks the media hasn't written negative things selectively to run down the glove industry. FM thinks the media acts as check & balance, report good news when glove companies earn plenty and report bad news when certain glove companies have poor treatment of employees. FM feels Tradeview is misleading people to think the media is biased against glove companies.
Now, Tradeview being labelled "deceitful" is hurt. "Deceitful" is a strong word. It may damage one's credibility & insinuate bad intentions. If Tradeview writes its articles in good faith, without its content bluffing readers, FM may have misinterpreted & inadvertently described Tradeview as "deceitful".