Be the first to like this.

1 comment(s). Last comment by kmohan62 2020-12-24 01:33

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2020-12-24 01:33 | Report Abuse

Vaccine development is a long and complex process often lasting 10-15 years and can cost up to US 600 million. It follows a strict and almost a regimented set of standard steps,The exploratory stage itself often lasts 2 – 4 years followed by the pre-clinical stages that usually takes between 1 and 2 years. The clinical studies with human subjects involves a number of phases,namely.Phase 1,Phase II and Phase III.Phase I usually lasts between 1 and 2 years,phase II between 2 and 3 years and Phase III between 2 and 4 years.Next will be the regulatory review and approval that will take another 1-2 years.Now coming to the issue in hand…how long did it take to develop the COVID -19 vaccine that will be administered on humans soon?A year at the maximum? Can one in the right mind expect it to be side effect free? I urge you to go figure it out yourself…at this moment it’s a trade off between saving lives and enduring its side effects.It reminds me of the idiomatic phrase…beggars can’t be choosers!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz