Be the first to like this.

8 comment(s). Last comment by Undi_PH 2021-04-03 22:29

Posted by Richard123456 > 2021-04-03 18:03 | Report Abuse

haiya, China and Malaysia have nearly thousand years friendships since melaca kingdom. in the old century, China have the superpower of navy and protect against melaca happen from the history.
only later, Purtugal came, Holland come and British later to conquer Malaya. later also Japan. These period were yes you call servile to them.

Sslee

4,830 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-04-03 18:27 | Report Abuse

Servile or puppet is not the language and style that should be used to score political point.
https://mobile.twitter.com/QiZHAI/status/1377825950281310210

What Hishammuddin said is, "We are one big family" and "You will always be my elder brother" which Wang Yi reply" We are brother"

Sslee

4,830 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-04-03 18:48 | Report Abuse

So in Malaysia when Politicians say to Chinese Malaysians during CNY visit that We are one big family he actually mean I am your big brother.

Is this make Chinese Malaysians look servile to the Politician?

Sslee

4,830 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-04-03 21:11 | Report Abuse

By Bernama | 2021-04-03 20:52:59
KUALA LUMPUR (April 3): Foreign Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said that the term "elder brother" he used at a joint press conference with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi was a sign of him being respectful to the latter.

In a Twitter post today, Hishammuddin explained that the phrase that he used was not referring to Malaysia-China bilateral relations as strong ties are based on mutual trust and equality.

“Respecting that Wang Yi is older, and a more senior foreign minister, hence [he is] an ‘elder brother’ to me personally. Being respectful does not signify weakness.

“Rest assured that Malaysia remains independent, principled and pragmatic in terms of our foreign policy, founded on the values of peace, humanity, justice and equality. We will continue to contribute meaningfully towards a just and equitable community of nations,” he said.

Earlier, PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim criticised Hishammuddin for using the term "big brother" and described it as an insult to Malaysia.

According to Anwar, such a description is not appropriate in the world of diplomatic and international relations.

Undi_PH

145 posts

Posted by Undi_PH > 2021-04-03 22:26 | Report Abuse

Why then PAS said Muslim must rule with 2/3 majority?

MoneyAndHoney

2,479 posts

Posted by MoneyAndHoney > 2021-04-03 22:26 | Report Abuse

calling an elder or more influential/powerful close friend 'taikor' in kopi tiam or mamak kedai banter might be okay for some

but doing that in international diplomatic relations is, I don't know, could possibly expose one to the risk of ridicule & maybe different kinds of interpretation by different guys, not all of which might be positive or desirable

like accusation of fawning, worshipping or servility, to name just a few

MoneyAndHoney

2,479 posts

Posted by MoneyAndHoney > 2021-04-03 22:26 | Report Abuse

hisham should have stuck to more professional, well thought & neutral diplospeak

Undi_PH

145 posts

Posted by Undi_PH > 2021-04-03 22:29 | Report Abuse

GLCs' appointment, universities entrant why Chinese not treat like brother?

Posted by Sslee > Apr 3, 2021 6:48 PM | Report Abuse

So in Malaysia when Politicians say to Chinese Malaysians during CNY visit that We are one big family he actually mean I am your big brother.

Is this make Chinese Malaysians look servile to the Politician?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz