1 person likes this.

133 comment(s). Last comment by THINKING MAN 2021-08-30 18:05

Temujin

72 posts

Posted by Temujin > 2021-08-29 19:06 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng
Trinity was not in the bible but was put in the bible but later on removed from the bible because bible scholars found the earlier version of Greek manuscript did not contained such verses.

As Trinity is a core doctrine of the Christians, how can you believed in this core doctrine if it was not mentioned in the bible. Instead there are many verses in the bible ( Old Testament and New Testament) that said the oneness of God. God's nature shouldnt change forever. If God is one during Adam's time, and Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Moses etc it cannot become a triune God during Jesus's time as Jesus himself said:-

Mark 12:29Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:13 | Report Abuse

No. Temujin

The word Trinity has never been included in the Canon of the Bible

So there was no mention in the Greek NT nor the removal

If you read the Book of Esther you won't find the word "God" mentioned in the whole book. Yet God is working through Modecai & Queen Esther to save Israel from annihilation

As for Trinity

Pls read this

https://www.biblword.net/christians-believe-three-gods/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7rOB_ovW8gIV0QqRCh2pfwZtEAAYASAAEgJYmPD_BwE

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:23 | Report Abuse

As for Mark 12:29 Jesus quoted from the Hebrew Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear O Israel Yahweh is our Elohim is one Yahweh

The Hebrew word for God אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ is elohim in plural and not singular

Three Persons in the Godhead

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-08-29 19:26 | Report Abuse

Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Moses -two religion share same prophets?

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:27 | Report Abuse

The Last Commandments of Jesus

See

Matt.28 Verses 18 to 20

[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

We are to baptise believers in the

Name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

These three are mentioned

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:38 | Report Abuse

1 John 5:7
King James Version
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

It says in heaven

Three bear record

The Father
The Word (Son)
The Holy Spirit

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:41 | Report Abuse

chinaman Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Moses -two religion share same prophets?
29/08/2021 7:26 PM

Yes

Abraham = Ibrahim
Isaac = Ishak
David = Daud
Joseph = Yusof
Mary = Mariam

Many others

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-08-29 19:43 | Report Abuse

thank you. Calvin. learn something today..bit surprised

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 19:48 | Report Abuse

chinaman thank you. Calvin. learn something today..bit surprised
29/08/2021 7:43 PM

You are welcome

Calvin still a student learning from everybody everyday

Sslee

4,690 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-08-29 19:59 | Report Abuse

EngineeringProfit Posted by smalltimer > Jan 1, 2020 11:58 AM | Report Abuse

We were taught, God is loving. If God had forgive his Creation, non of us have to live & suffer.

Brilliant! Common sense is uncommon. And simple thing has to be made complicated by people with power - in order to wield power. haha
01/01/2020 12:02 PM

EngineeringProfit From a flawless creator, angels are created as messengers and do not have free will, despite possessing the knowledge of good and evil. They are not subject of the material limitations of death. Moreover, angels have no carnal needs; they do not crave physical pleasure. In addition, They are not subject of the material limitations of death.

Mankind was given something very unique from the time of creation. Man received a free will, so that he could make his own choices according to his own free will.
01/01/2020 8:22 PM

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:07 | Report Abuse

We were taught, God is loving. If God had forgive his Creation, non of us have to live & suffer.

Brilliant! Common sense is uncommon. And simple thing has to be made complicated by people with power - in order to wield power. haha
01/01/2020 12:02 PM

EngineeringProfit From a flawless creator, angels are created as messengers and do not have free will, despite possessing the knowledge of good and evil. They are not subject of the material limitations of death. Moreover, angels have no carnal needs; they do not crave physical pleasure. In addition, They are not subject of the material limitations of death.

Mankind was given something very unique from the time of creation. Man received a free will, so that he could make his own choices according to his own free will.

Calvin replies:

There is both truth & error mixed together here

1) God did create angels with free will to chose to love & obey God or also to disobey Him

How do we know?

See in Revelation 12

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

One third of the Angels rebelled against God by choosing Lucifer: Two third of angels remain faithful & true to God in heaven

To be continued...

Hazzyy

191 posts

Posted by Hazzyy > 2021-08-29 20:08 | Report Abuse

Be careful of people who swear by the Almighty. History have shown in the “religious “wars they all kill each other .

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:13 | Report Abuse

Calvin replies:

God is loving is true.

God has provided a means to forgive & save His Creation by the atoning death of His Son on the cross shedding His Precious Blood to wash away their sins & save all to the uttermost

But it is not automatic

It must be an individual decision

Just as now there is Covid 19

And Vaccines are available

Not all are immediately vaccinated

Each person must decide to get the vaccine individually (not automatic & not by force) But by free choice

So God has provided the means of Salvation. Each person MUST ACCEPT BY FAITH & CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESUS HIMSELF/HERSELF TO BE SAVED

Romans 10:13 (King James Version)
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:17 | Report Abuse

THIS IS CORRECT:

MAN IS CREATED WITH A FREE WILL (NOT A ROBOT)

THEREFORE MAN IS ACCOUNTABLE BEFORE GOD FOR ALL HIS CHOICES, WORDS & DEEDS IN THIS LIFE ON EARTH AS HE SHALL HAVE TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF ON THE JUDGMENT DAY

Hebrews 9: 27

Berean Study Bible
Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Berean Literal Bible
And inasmuch as it is apportioned to men to die once, and after this, judgment,

King James Bible
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

New King James Version
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

New American Standard Bible
And just as it is destined for people to die once, and after this comes judgment,

NASB 1995
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

NASB 1977
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Amplified Bible
And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once and after this [comes certain] judgment,

Christian Standard Bible
And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment —

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment—

American Standard Version
And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And just as it is appointed to the children of men to die once, and after their deaths the judgment,

Contemporary English Version
We die only once, and then we are judged.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgment:

English Revised Version
And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment;

Good News Translation
Everyone must die once, and after that be judged by God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
People die once, and after that they are judged.

International Standard Version
Indeed, just as people are destined to die once and after that to be judged,

Literal Standard Version
and as it is reserved for men to die once, and after this—judgment,

NET Bible
And just as people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment,

New Heart English Bible
Inasmuch as it is appointed for people to die once, and after this, judgment,

Weymouth New Testament
And since it is reserved for all mankind once to die, and afterwards to be judged;

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:22 | Report Abuse

God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive
He lived and died, to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

CHORUS:
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know, He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives

VERSE 2:
How sweet to hold a newborn Baby
And feel the pride and joy He gives
But greater still the calm assurance
This Child can face uncertain days because He lives

CHORUS:
Because I know, He holds the future
Just because He lives

VERSE 3:
And then one day, I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death gives way to victory
I'll see the lights of glory
And I'll know He lives

CHORUS:
Because I know, I know, He holds the future
Just because He lives

ENDING:
Just because He lives.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:23 | Report Abuse

Listen to the singing

GOD SENT HIS SON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBSduThg3k

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:31 | Report Abuse

1 One day when heaven was filled with His praises,
One day when sin was as black as could be,
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin,
Dwelt among men, my example is He!

Refrain
Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely, forever;
One day He’s coming: O glorious day!

2 One day they led Him up Calvary’s mountain,
One day they nailed Him to die on the tree;
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected,
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He! [Refrain]

3 One day they left Him alone in the garden,
One day He rested, from suffering free;
Angels came down o’er His tomb to keep vigil;
Hope of the hopeless, my Savior is He! [Refrain]

4 One day the grave could conceal Him no longer,
One day the stone rolled away from the door;
Then He arose, over death He had conquered,
Now is ascended, my Lord ever more! [Refrain]

5 One day the trumpet will sound for His coming,
One day the skies with His glory will shine;
Wonderful day, my beloved ones bringing;
Glorious Savior, this Jesus is mine! [Refrain]

Hear the Singing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWTRwGpz7UU

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 20:39 | Report Abuse

Do you know it was christianity and Islam that drove the jews out from Israel! Do you know Jesus was so adamant to denounce Judaism! And Mohamed pick up where Jesus left out promoting hatred towards the jews! Yeah, you see how religions are the cause not the solution for things!

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 20:49 | Report Abuse

Tobby aka fortunebulz

You are wrong

Jesus did not come to destroy Judaism or the law

He came to fulfill the law

Jesus came as their Messiah but they rejected Him

They thought Jesus the Messiah will come & deliver them from the Roman Empire which is not what Jesus did

Jesus is coming in two phases

Phase One
To die for the sins of the Jews & Gentiles (All non-Jews are classified as Gentiles)

They could not accept that and they crucified Jesus

They asked for judgment for themselves.

See

What did the Romans destroy in 70 AD?

In 70 AD, the Romans destroyed the temple in Jerusalem and looted its sacred contents. With the revolt over for good, huge numbers of Jews left Judaea to make a home elsewhere.

https://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/josephus.html

Phase Two

After His Crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection & ascension to heaven Jesus will return the 2nd Time to earth to Reign over The New Jerusalem as KING OF KINGS & THE LORD OF LORDS

At His returning the Jews will realise their great error and there will BE GREAT CRYING AND REPENTANCE IN ISRAEL

Sslee

4,690 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-08-29 21:02 | Report Abuse

Epicurean Paradox:

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to

Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing

Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing

Then whence cometh evil.

If He is neither able nor willing

Then why call Him God?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 21:51 | Report Abuse

Do you know half of New Testament dedicated to proving Jesus is the new God, the end of the world and hatred towards Judaism! I mean, as if humanity will end soon! Yeah, that's right, if you brainwash yourself with New Testament, then you spend your time sitting on your roof waiting for the world to end, soon!
Yeah, read the Bible, the world will end soon! That's like 2000 years ago! And if you need some joke relief, many generations of christians so invested in end of the world that many pastors end up super rich as their followers sold their properties dirt cheap!

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 22:28 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-29 22:36 | Report Abuse

We need to have a proper understanding about the history of Jesus and Judaism 2000 years ago.

Jesus was NOT adamant to denounce Judaism. Jesus went to the synagogue to pray, preach - just like the Jews. He came to "fulfill and complete the law" - but not the many unnecessary new, human laws (which were later created that lost their true meanings). That is the reason why Jesus clashed with the Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes etc.

Well, we need to look at the development of Judaism. Believing in Yahweh with heart and sincerity is what counts in religion. As Judaism progressed from the time of Moses to Jesus' time, a lot of new laws were created to protect the adherence of the basic "10 Commandments." The main purpose was to focus on living a good life - and worship of God with heart (internal/sincere intention). As time passed, these new laws (action-oriented) increased in number, and to many people, rather than focusing on worshipping God with heart, these laws EVENTUALLY became more like "law-by-law based" (obey this law strictly, rigidly without asking why, or else, the person is committing an offense).

Many new laws were unnecessarily created or unfair which caused burdens to the Jews. So, Jesus was imploring Jewish religious authorities to focus on worshipping God with their heart (rather than just following the laws without understanding or worshipping God with heart). To Jesus, intention or heart matters and it is not just lip-service. Realizing this, Jesus attempted to correct the situation by focusing on "real worship of God from the heart." Read this:

MATTHEW 15:7-18 (The New Jerusalem Bible):

7. "Hypocrites! How rightly Isaiah prophesied about you when he said:

8. This people honours me only with lip-service, while their hearts are far from me.

9. Their reverence of me is worthless; the lessons they teach are nothing but human commandments.'

10. He called the people to him and said, 'Listen, and understand.

11. What goes into the mouth does not make anyone unclean; it is what comes out of the mouth that makes someone unclean.'

12. Then the disciples came to him and said, 'Do you know that the Pharisees were shocked when they heard what you said?'"

13. He replied, 'Any plant my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.

14. Leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind; and if one blind person leads another, both will fall into a pit.'

15. At this, Peter said to him, 'Explain the parable for us.'

16. Jesus replied, 'Even you -- don't you yet understand?

17. Can't you see that whatever goes into the mouth passes through the stomach and is discharged into the sewer?

18. But whatever comes out of the mouth comes from the heart, and it is this that makes someone unclean."

Here, it is very clear Jesus is reminding everyone to focus on real worship of God with heart and sincerity. If a person just follows a lot of new rigid laws (which were later created) but has no sincere intention, then it is meaningless. What makes a person good in the sight of God is a person who has sincerity and good intention. And not just following a lot of new rigid laws while the heart is far away from God. So, Jesus was trying to complete, fulfill the (basic) law of Judaism - the true meaning of worshipping God.

We need to have a deeper understanding of what is happening here. Jesus tried to improve what was not fitting in Judaism. Focus on worshipping God with heart and intention.

Please read the Bible (the Gospels) to have a more comprehensive understanding.

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-29 23:10 | Report Abuse

Jesus did not stir hatred towards Judaism. He just tried to correct or improve what was unnecessary, which put burdens on the Jews. Yes, he disagreed with a number of new laws which caused misery to the Jews. That is why Jesus "fought for justice" especially for the poor and the oppressed.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 23:14 | Report Abuse

Do you know that there's no such word as Jesus in original text! Jesus was an invented name! The real word is Yahweh in the original sounding text!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 23:19 | Report Abuse

Or do you know there's no such thing as Bible! Originally everything was scramble around in scrolls! There's no book form thousands of years ago! There's no such thing as paper back then! Everything was written in ancient scrolls until Rome Emperor Constantine commission the first Bible and compiled them together! And yes, Constantine edited the Bible we knew today! Why, because Constantine wanted to be the first christian! Yeah, that's right, the Roman Catholic we knew today was invented by Constantine!

Temujin

72 posts

Posted by Temujin > 2021-08-29 23:20 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng
You should ask the Jews what elohim mean. No sane  Jews will accept elohim mean plurality of Gods but instead it mean  majesty of God. Like Queen of England, when she adreessed the public, she always use "We" instead of I. Of elohim mean plurality of Gods definitely all the prophets will taught the same triune Gods but all of them taught a single God.

Early Christians were unitarians and after Paul, Jesus was raised up to the level of God. By 325 by the Nicean decree, holy ghost was raised to the level of God.

Matthew 28:18

1 john 5:7 KJV  had been removed in the latest edition and no bible version had included these verses.

elohim

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 23:22 | Report Abuse

Do you know the Bible even Koran has been edited so many times during ancient times!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-08-29 23:26 | Report Abuse

Do you know Jesus loves to segregate by races! He hates jews but loves gentiles! Gentiles mean non jewish! So you see how Mohamed copypaste Jesus preaching on hatred for jews!

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:35 | Report Abuse

Temujin

Go read the entire Bible carefully then you will see

Jesus could forgive sin which no prophet could

As for 1 John 5:7 only mentioned in KJV 1611 edition it is because KJV is the most accurate and faithful translation

I have more than 10 editions of the Bible and I only use KJV as the One Bible

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:42 | Report Abuse

Tobby Tobby topsy turvy

no

Jesus loves both Jews and Gentiles

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:43 | Report Abuse

The Bible in it's original language was written by inspiration of God

The dead sea scroll proves it's accuracy

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:45 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-29 23:47 | Report Abuse

The Bible talks about the end time, however it is only a part of it. NO ONE ON THIS EARTH KNOWS WHEN (THE TIME, THE DATE) THE END TIME WILL COME! ONLY GOD KNOWS. We should live our life with responsibility, knowing there will be end time, however this is NOT to say we spend time waiting, and waiting for the world to come to an end - living in fear.

The "mainstream Christian denominations or Churches" acknowledge there will be end time but how soon, WE DON'T REALLY KNOW! If we study the history of Christianity during Paul's time, many faithful also thought that the end time was coming soon. However, after a period of waiting, the world was still here, and Paul restructured the (faithful) community to a more organized one. And the faithful continued to live their ordinary life.

The whole New Testament is about the invitation to believing in God, living a good life, and understanding we will return to God one day (either personally or at the end of time). So, it is not everything (or fully occupied with) about the end time. It is a part of the journey in the Bible.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:49 | Report Abuse

The word Jesus was first given by Angel Gabriel to Joseph and Mary

And thou shalt call His name Jesus and He shall save His people from their sins

No prophets could save from sins but can only give warning to repent from sins

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-29 23:54 | Report Abuse

Yes THINKING MAN really use his brain to think before speaking

Fortunebullz aka Tobby better use your brain and talk in moderation

you look like quite extreme

Temujin

72 posts

Posted by Temujin > 2021-08-29 23:54 | Report Abuse

Tobby.
" Do you know it was Christianity and Islam that drove the Jews out from Israel " . Not correct. It was Babylonian and then Roman that destroyed the Jewish temple and drove the Jews out. This happened in 597BC and 70 AD. When Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem in 637AD, he allowed Jews to stay in Jerusalem. In 1099 in the first Crusade, all inhabitants including Muslim, Jews and Eastern Christians were slaughtered by the Crusaders. When Saladin reconquered Jerusalem in 1187  he allowed the Jews to stay in Jerusalem.

Christianity were hard on the Jews because they blamed Jews for the killings of Jesus and there were many pogroms against them by Christian nations.

The Jewish culture reached their golden age under Muslim rule in Spain and Jews tend to seek refuge in Muslim countries when they were persecuted in Christian nations. The Muslim nations  started to persecute the Jews after 1945 in tit for tat when the Jews driven the Palestinians from their homeland with the formation of Israel. For your information, Amalekites, Cannanites, Hittites and many other tribes used to stay in the area before they were ethnically cleansed by the Jews. You should read the bible if you dont believe what I am saying.

Jesus ( pbuh)  did not denounce Judaism. In fact he followed Judaism law to the the letter. He observed sabbath, did not eat pork and was circumcised.

Muhammad ( pbuh) did not promoted hatred towards the Jews. Jewish prophets such as Moses ( pbuh) , Aaron ( pbuh) , Jesus ( pbuh) and Mary ( Jesus's mother) was respectfully mentioned in Quran many time more than  Muhammad ( pbuh) himself or his Arab ancestors. Jewish rabbis allowed Jews to enter mosque but they forbid them to enter church.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-30 00:03 | Report Abuse

Not Christians hard on Jews though Britian did not side the Jews

Christians got the entire Old Testament which is the same as the Jews now using

And psalm tells us to pray for Jerusalem they shall prosper that love thee

So we pray for the peace of Jerusalem

Plus God's covenant blessing on Abraham

I will bless them that bless thee(Israel)
and curse him that curses thee(Israel )

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 12:20 | Report Abuse

Tobby, you need to get “things right” in the proper context.

Jesus’ name (as we know in English) is based on the original text. It went through the translation process - it is not that the name was invented. Jesus' name in Hebrew was “Yeshua.” ‘Jesus’ is a name derived from the name IESVS in classical Latin - Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎).

Do you know that the real word in the original sounding text is “YHWH?!” The whole Old Testament was written in Hebrew (there are just a few passages in Aramaic). These 2 languages were written with ‘consonants’ only. Due to this, the reader has to add the ‘vowels’ based on the way he comprehends the text. With this (like the Hebrew script), the letters in YHWH originally indicated consonants. It can be quite difficult to pronounce it based on its spelling, so the vowels are added. So, YHWH becomes YAHWEH!

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 12:23 | Report Abuse

The scriptures were written on papyrus, parchment and there were later recopied. They were collected and formed together. Printing came much later.

We use the word ‘Bible’ to have an easier reference to the scriptures. In fact, the word ‘Bible’ comes from the Greek – it is a plural noun, ‘ta biblia’ - meaning ‘the books.’ When this word is taken over into Latin, it becomes singular - the Bible.

The books in the Bible had gone through redaction process, however they were inspired by God. The redaction process is ‘different’ from changing the text (messages) later (to suit one’s self purpose) as claimed by some. Matthew and Mark gospels narrated a particular same story, however, of course, the writing styles and some minor details could slightly differ. Nevertheless, they contain and present the ‘truth (messages)’ as intended by God. The Bible didn’t suddenly appear or pop out of nowhere. All the books were written by humans under God’s inspiration. Humans are God’s instrument to convey what God has intended to say.

Jesus loves all people regardless of their backgrounds or races. As I mentioned, he defended what was right with certain religious (Judaism) authorities for the truth. Again, there were still some religious leaders (in Judaism) who were upright and sincere. He loved both Jews and Gentiles.

Please do read the Bible for more understanding.....

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 12:26 | Report Abuse

Tobby

Did Constantine change the Bible for his own purpose? NO!

Constantine did not edit the Bible we knew today! The books in the Bible had been in circulation before his time (though not finalized). Even the earliest manuscript of the Gospels were dated much earlier before the time of Constantine. So, it is not true that Constantine rewrote the Bible or started the Church. The development of the faithful community already started during Jesus’ time, and was later advanced by the apostles and disciples of Jesus.

The Matthew gospel was written in 80-90 AD - mentioning the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The same thing is stated in the Didache (The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nation), which was dated from the 1st-2nd century.

These 2 documents were much earlier before Constantine. Read also the writings of the Church Fathers - like Ignatius of Antioch, Justin Martyr, or Irenaeus. The earliest Gospel manuscripts found were also dated much earlier before Constantine.

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 12:27 | Report Abuse

What did Constantine do?

Constantine became the Emperor in 306-337 AD. In 325 AD, he called the Council of Nicea – which was the general conference of the Christian church. Constantine did not form a new Bible, and he did not omit any of the accepted books. He had virtually nothing to do with the forming of the canon, and it was not discussed at Nicea. But Constantine did finance the copying of the scriptures years later. Quite a number of books were used and acknowledged by Christians before Constantine.

The process of recognition and collection of the books in the Bible began much earlier (during the apostles’ time). From Paul, Peter, Clement of Rome (95 AD), Ignatius of Antioch (115 AD), Polycarp (108 AD), Irenaeus (185 AD) to Hippolytus (170 AD), there were a lot of efforts to recognize the books, though on different levels.

Then, there were the Muratorian Canon (170 AD), Council of Laodicea (363 AD), Council of Rome (382 AD), Council of Hippo (393 AD), Council of Carthage (397 AD), etc.

These efforts were not done to ‘change’ the content of the texts, or to suppress the truth, but to find a common ground what should be the common, official texts to be used – for the purpose of uniformity and unity. So that people can have a list of books that can be used in the public context. To unite the faithful (rather than changing the texts for personal gains) was the reason of the Councils. That is why the Councils were needed.

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 12:31 | Report Abuse

Constantine didn’t canonize the Bible in 325 AD. as claimed. He did not throw out the Bible texts he didn’t like. Yes, he made it legal to practice Christianity. He called for Council of Nicaea (325 AD) to find a common ground, but he didn’t exercise full control over it. The Council was called due to the rise of Arianism (Arian heresy – founded by Arius, a priest of Alexandria in the early 300s). Arianism was rejected in this Council of Nicaea though the issue lasted much longer.

Constantine did not decide which books belonged to the Bible, and he did not leave the ones he did not favour. This is a misconception. The Council Fathers discussed a lot of other issues during this Council, but they didn’t discuss which books belonged in the Bible. The idea that the Council of Nicaea (325 AD) decided the Canon of the Bible is based on a popular fiction/myth (by Dan Brown and Voltaire) - and not based on historical facts. There is no historical basis that the Council established the Canon of the scriptures.

It would be good if one can do a bit of extensive reading on the history of Christianity and the early Church.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-08-30 12:36 | Report Abuse

Jesus is the most precious name i know

Listen to this

THE NAME OF JESUS.

The name of Jesus is so sweet,
I love its music to repeat;
It makes my joys full and complete,
The precious name of Jesus.

Jesus! oh, how sweet the name,
Jesus! every day the same;
Jesus! let all saints proclaim
Its worthy praise forever.

I love the name of Him whose heart
Knows all my griefs and bears a part;
Who bids all anxious fears depart,
I love the name of Jesus.

That name I fondly love to hear,
It never fails my heart to cheer,
Its music dries the falling tear;
Exalt the name of Jesus.

No word of man can ever tell
How sweet the name I love so well,
Oh, let its praises ever swell,
Oh, praise the name of Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct-gYKozKSg

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 18:00 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvin.....

A lot of good songs you posted. Praise God!

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 18:01 | Report Abuse

This is the response to the Epicurean Paradox.

>>>>>>>>>>

Sslee Epicurean Paradox:

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to

Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing

Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing

Then whence cometh evil.

If He is neither able nor willing

Then why call Him God?
29/08/2021 9:02 PM

>>>>>>>>>>

Refer to the messages below.

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 18:02 | Report Abuse

ANALYZING the Epicurean Paradox.

The Epicurean Paradox has its own flaws and defects.

It is a technical mechanism to disprove God’s nature. It ‘appears’ to present something logically, however it is actually ‘incomplete and fallacious.’ Furthermore, it also doesn’t properly define what is meant by ‘willing’ and ‘able.’ Without this understanding, it presents a ‘simplistic’ picture of what God is, or should be. This needs further elaboration.

God is ‘willing’ (to prevent evil) is also termed as ‘all-loving.’
God is ‘able’ (to prevent evil) is also termed as ‘all-powerful.’
So, we have this conception and nature of God in religion:

God is BOTH (1) all-loving (willing), AND (2) all-powerful (able).

In Epicurean Paradox, it raises this question – God is not all-loving and all-powerful. If God is BOTH all-loving AND all-powerful, then why does God allow evil things, sufferings, sorrows, sicknesses, disasters, etc. to happen? Since God is all-loving and all-powerful, he is definitely “able to PREVENT” these evils (since he is all-powerful), and he is also “willing to PREVENT” these evils (since he is all-loving). Then, there are NO more evils. But, why do evil things still happen everyday? According to this paradox, maybe God is NOT BOTH all-loving and all-powerful. So, if God is NOT BOTH all-loving and all-powerful, then God is EITHER ONE. What do we have then? This is how this paradox reasons. See below:

Misconception 1: God is all-powerful but NOT all-loving! God has the power (ability) to overcome evil things, but since he is not loving (willing) to do it, evil things still happen. So, we use the term ‘malevolent.’

Misconception 2: God is all-loving but NOT all-powerful! God is loving (willing) to prevent evil things, but since he does not have the power (ability) to do it, evil things still happen. So, we use the term ‘not omnipotent.’

Misconception 3: God is NOT all-loving and all-powerful! God doesn’t have the power (ability) to overcome evil things, and he is also not loving (willing) to do it, evil things still happen. So, we say, ‘Why call him God?’

According to his paradox, either one of these situations represent God. But it is actually NOT true. As we can see above, these 3 misconceptions (process of argument) seem to be smooth-flowing and run well “only on the surface”, however there are NOT truly ‘critically’ logical at the deeper level – since they lack of broader perspective and viewpoint.

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 18:03 | Report Abuse

SOLVING the Epicurean Paradox.

How do we solve this paradox? We need to OPEN OUR HORIZON AND WAY OF THINKING!

If we LOOK DEEPER, there is SOMETHING MISSING! The conception and nature of God – all-loving and all-powerful is in fact, true but it is still INCOMPLETE, BEING PARTIAL AND INCOMPREHENSIVE!

REMEMBER THIS: Apart from giving us love, among the greatest gift God has given to us (humans) is our FREEDOM AND FREE WILL. We have the freedom to do things we like – either doing good or bad things. As presented before, God respects our full freedom (free will) as we are created free. We use our given free choice to make decisions in our life – either doing good or bad things.

So, how should we see and interpret God?

THE WAY WE SHOULD SEE GOD: ONE, we need to understand God in the broader context. God is BOTH all-loving and all-powerful, but there is MORE – God also gives us our FULL FREEDOM! We are not created like robots. God doesn’t control us like robots – like switching a remote control, and we act out (either good or evil things) according to God’s direct dictation or full control (If God really controls us like robots, we have NO freedom or free will. Only then, we can ask why God does allow evils things to happen since God can control us like switches – to do whatever he wants). But that is NOT the case. God gives us freedom and he doesn’t control us directly. So, it is entirely our own responsibility and freedom to act out how we live our life. We can do good and evil things. So, God respects our freedom as to how we live our life. And because of this, there are both good and evil things in this world (caused by human free will). We need to add-in FREEDOM to the equation.

TWO, since we add-in FREEDOM into the equation, we need to relook at how we understand these 2 characters of God – all-powerful and all-loving. Since God respects our freedom, good and evil things happen as the result of our free choice. This doesn’t mean that God is NO longer all-powerful or all-loving. God is STILL all-powerful and all-loving, but at the same time, we need to see these 2 characters in the context of God RESPECTIING OUR FREEDOM to do good or bad things (despite of his ability and willingness). We have to see the bigger picture. Freedom is the greatest gift given to us by God.

THREE, although we understand God and his character (as revealed to us), there is still a part of God which we don’t truly comprehend or understand. Which is why we said, “God is still a mystery to us.” We know something about God, but we don’t know everything. Sufferings, sicknesses and evil things are still a part of mystery in our human journey in this world. Yes, we might try to explain the meanings behind this all these, but we need to realize that our intellect is still ‘limited’ to understand everything. However, we still trust in God. Our mind has limitations when it comes to fully comprehending God. Since God is God, we cannot put a limit on him. God is beyond our full understanding.

To sum up, God can be understood as illustrated below.

“GOD” = ALL-POWERFUL + ALL-LOVING + RESPECT OUR FREEDOM + MYSTERY

Posted by THINKING MAN > 2021-08-30 18:05 | Report Abuse

PRAISE AND THANK GOD!!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz