Be the first to like this.

16 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee 3 weeks ago

pkchong

36 posts

Posted by pkchong > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

For a student to obtain straight-A in SPM, they are of the smartest group of students and know the options available to them to further study. For non-bumi especially of Chinese background, matriculation is the last option with many don't even care to apply.
Locally, they can get entry into private colleges with zero tuition fees and only have to take care of living expenses with possible assistance from their community. Also working part time over weekends as option.
Abroad, many universities do provide scholarship if they did apply.
I'm really curious what Dr. Wee is trying to solve as this issue has been there for more than 50 years!!! Does Malaysian non-bumi, especially chinese students really so persistence to get into matriculation which I don't think so!
山不转路转,路不转人转. With straight-A result in SPM, not being offered a place in government's matriculation can be a blessing as there are so many others options available. It is a waste of time and effort to continue delving into that!

I think the real issues are those with median level result from lower ranks of socioeconomic status. This is the group that have to pay the full fees in Private colleges if they can't get a place in public universities.

speakup

26,203 posts

Posted by speakup > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

lately notice MCA has become DAP 2.0, while DAP has become MCA 2.0

pang72

49,699 posts

Posted by pang72 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Dr Wee created 50 years issue then he want to help the student to solve his 50 years shit!

speakup

26,203 posts

Posted by speakup > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

bro no point harping on the past. what is done is done. u me we cannot change the past.
But what we can change Now is we can stop DAP from becoming MCA2.0 !

BLee

844 posts

Posted by BLee > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

“speakup > lately notice MCA has become DAP 2.0, while DAP has become MCA 2.0”

I seldom discuss politics in i3 as it is more as an investment forum… Logically, is MCA 2.0 inclined to DAP 1.0? If “DAP has become MCA 2.0”, will it be the same as DAP 1.0; no change..actually be MCA 1.0?

Logic aside, I have had very good experience with MCA Education arm, TAR college (UTAR and the spinoff now) many years back. One of my relatives obtained 11As in her SPM; searching for a good college to further her study. I helped her to do research after she consulted me. We went to PJ, Nilai, Setapak and Sungai Long to view some of the college's facilities and the Education cost. At PJ, 2 colleges are willing to give full waiver of Education fees for the first year depending on semester result. The one at Sunway willing to give only 75% as the result not All A1. The one at Setapak/Sungai Long (TAR/UTAR) willing to give 100% and explained can assist in applying PTPTN loan; will get full waiver if she can get First Class Honour in her further tertiary study. To cut the narrative short, she took up the offer, finished her studies without paying a single sen..

Sslee

5,534 posts

Posted by Sslee > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Everyone know matriculation is a backdoor/easy path to university or a form of cheating.

Are our top 10A SPM students also do not mind the backdoor or cheating?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Backdoor policies and unis by wolves' in sheep's clothing are the surest ways to produce ignoble, self-deceiving and unscrupulous people to manage public fund irresponsibly and run the gomen and nation to lowliness

qqq47660

8,834 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

All 10A students already get full scholarship for pre u courses...so they don't need MCA.

Sslee

5,534 posts

My second son get into NUS after a private Taylor's preU study.
The Singapore government gave automatic half scholarship to all foreign NUS students with condition to serves in any Singapore companies for a period of time after graduation.

My second son is a pharmacist in Singapore private hospital and he just get married with a Singaporean lady.

Sslee

5,534 posts

Everyone should know Malaysia matriculation is not recognised by all the foreign countries to enter their University.

Sslee

5,534 posts

I was doing my HBP in USM and only get an offer MU engineering many months late as I was told many UM first intake leave for NUS and thus need replacement intake to fill up the vacancy.

Sslee

5,534 posts

As fate would have it, instead of building house I end up building olechemical plant in Indonesia.

Sslee

5,534 posts

RICHER is just a preception as I wouldn't change anything for what I have gone through and have now.

I might have some regret that given a chance to restart again, I might have done much better than now but then again no one can go back in time hence just learnt from the past mistakes, look forward and move on.

Sslee

5,534 posts

Yes. That was the happy time and then we have our big dream.

Sslee

5,534 posts

Can't recall, it was such a long time ago.

Sslee

5,534 posts

I stay at section 17 PKNS flat and later rent a room at section 17. Never stay in college.

Professor Dr mondolong was the chemical engineering head at that time. He interview me during my second year as I applied to change from chemical to civil but was unsuccessful.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz