RHB BANK BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): RHBBANK (1066)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.10 (1.79%)

Day's Change

5.58 - 5.71

Trading Volume

2 people like this.

2,584 comment(s). Last comment by pang72 1 hour ago

Posted by bullmarket1628 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Wow, Fed Hikes Interest Rates 0.75 %
lifting the target range to a record high of 3% to 3.25%
Like that today RHBBank will be limit up already liao lah !

Heng ah, Ong ah, Huat ah !

stockraider

30,111 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Good for the banks in msia....another 0.25% interest hike for msia loh!

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@thesteward, I'm not too sure what you are expecting in a weak market, miracles generally only appear in religious writings.

Last week the KLCI closed at 1,467 and this week it has closed at 1,424, so a 43 point drop for the week. Add to that, RHB still hasn't given details of the Ex Date and DRP yet, so it's not really surprising that RHB has been lacklustre this week.
It's down 1 cent from last week's close, week on week, hardly anything to get your knickers in a knot about.

Posted by skyskysky > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

DRP at RM4.97... even lower than last time RM5.17.. thanks to recent falls

thesteward

6,611 posts

Posted by thesteward > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Ex 7 Oct

Posted by ikanbiliskering > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

all the sifu, if only 1000 shares, is worth to take cash dividend right?

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

With 1000 shares, you can only subscribe for 10 DRP shares. Suppose you can make 50 sen per share, the amount you can make from this DRP is only RM5. Stamp duty alone would cost you RM10, other charges = RM3.

Hopefully when RHB trades ex-dividend coming Friday, it could hold above RM5.50 a share. In which case, it is still worthwhile to subscribe for the DRP shares.

richraul

10 posts

Posted by richraul > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Every time saw Epf comes in or rhbb give target price, it is always a bad sign.

Bets down please, bets down please. Tomorrow last call day after no more.

hng33

18,665 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

sold back RHB at 5.72-5.73

Plantermen

1,816 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Decent dividend yield. Interim payout 15 sen follow by final 25 sen

Posted by prudentinvestor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I would consider RHB Bank's dividend yield as excellent instead of just decent. Assuming RHB pays 40 sen a share dividend this financial year, at RM5.42 a share, its dividend yield is 400/5520 or 7.25%. I don't think there are more than 5 companies listed on Bursa with such high dividend yields, including rock solid counter Maybank.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Add to that, @Prudentinvestor, a PE in the low 9's.....around 9.2.
I was convinced that RHB would be solidly into the Rm6's this year but it is still proving me wrong, apart from a brief visit there earlier this year.

We can probably blame the overall market on its lower price, however I still believe this is an ideal investment stock to hold at current prices for its dividend and eventual capital growth.

Income

2,935 posts

Posted by Income > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Banking stocks are my favourite

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Interim dividend +15 sen , capital losses -21 sen { 5.66 -5.45} bad

RHB Bank is the best performing bank counter today, dropping only 1 sen compare to Maybank's 18 sen.

Cslee1215

362 posts

Posted by Cslee1215 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I think u re too bad. My RHB online very smooth. But my public online was problem but after updated all is fine now. Anyhow my Maybank online never give any problem so far.

Posted by geraldthewitcher > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

hehehehe

Bank stocks are doing well today, probably heralding the return of political stability after the general election.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

"probably heralding the return of political stability"

That fantasy is even more fanciful than me having my own personal harem filled with exotic beauties from around the world.

thesteward

6,611 posts

Posted by thesteward > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Gogo rhb

TTV, the political situation in the country can't be more unstable post GE15. Even the Palace had issued a statement saying that the Agong had consented to the dissolution of Parliament in order for a new and stable government to be elected.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

prudentinvestor, I assume that you have considered the various options/parties that the new government may consist of?
I have envisaged at least three options.............and none of them fill me with any level of confidence in regards to stability.

Posted by Bursascreener > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Last 2 days very good, and today seen a breakout at 5.71. 20, 50 and 200 Moving average indicates that price will go futher

stkoay

5,061 posts

Posted by stkoay > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Walao eh 5.6m shares done at single trade during pre close

stkoay

5,061 posts

Posted by stkoay > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

“GE15 is drawing some funds (local and foreign) into the local market on expectations a big win for one of the parties could lead to a more stable leadership and better policy outcomes.

The fresh buying of local stocks by funds could be an early “window dressing” move triggered also by multi-year low valuations and underpinned by an improving domestic economic activity with Phua stating Phillip Research’s inhouse forecast is for the benchmark FBM KLCI to hit 1,571 points prior to Nov 19 (election day) as funds rotate money into sectors like banking and telecommunication companies from glove makers, oil and gas or even the technology counters.

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2022/10/26/strong-govt-post-ge15-crucial-for-fbm-klci#cxrecs_s

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

stkoay, I'm more than a bit dubious about the prediction of the KLCI hitting 1,571 by Election day. A 120 point rise in around 4 weeks are things dreams are made of...lol.....but stranger things have happened :)

As for RHB, it still remains frustrating to watch it float around at current levels, particularly as I'd expected it to be over Rm6 this year. Once the dividend payout and DRP are over and done with by November 7 I'm expecting a bit more interest in this stock.

Let's hope so, anyway.

Plantermen

1,816 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Hold for long term growth. EPF is the majority owner of RHB group. Solid balanced sheet

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I might be wrong, but with a new Government and a more than likely chance of end of year window dressing in certain sectors we might see some gradual moves with some/most of the banking stocks.

The banking sector seems to me to have a more than an even chance of rising during this period as it's seen as a sector a bit safer than some others.

Just my thoughts, however worth watching for increasing interest, imo.

TeckGor

78 posts

Posted by TeckGor > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

RHB Bank Bhd group managing director and CEO Mohd Rashid Mohamad said there is likely to be continued challenges of limited fiscal space, inflationary pressures and labour shortages in 2023.

However, he maintained the bank's fundamentals remain strong and it would continue to closely monitor asset quality moving forward.

"We are also mindful that some of our customers are still recovering from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and as such, will continue providing the necessary support and assistance especially to the most vulnerable groups within the community," he said in a statement.

TeckGor

78 posts

Posted by TeckGor > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

RHB posted a net profit of RM700.48mil in 3Q22, up from RM635.59mil in the previous corresponding quarter, on higher net fund-based income, the absence of modification loss and lower expected credit losses (ECL).

Earnings per share was 16.63 sen compared with 15.64 sen in the previous same quarter.

Revenue was reported at RM3.48bil, up from RM3.03bil in the comparative quarter.

For the nine months period to Sept 30, 2022, RHB's net profit was RM1.94bil, slightly lower than RM1.99bil in the 2021 period while revenue was RM9.33bil, up from RM8.86bil in the year-ago period.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Good solid results, shareholders should be content with the headline figures.

It continues to baffle me why this bank is trading below Rm6.

cwc1981

506 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Good result. Any expectation on how much dividend going to declare by end FY 2022?

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

There will be a dividend attached to the next quarterly, so not payable in 2022.

Brutus

229 posts

Posted by Brutus > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Excellent QR, expecting at least 25sen dividend next quarter. Importantly hope that there is the Dividend Reinvestment Plan as well.

stockraider

30,111 posts

Posted by stockraider > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Good result...can start accumulate loh!

Posted by prudentinvestor > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Don't know why RHB Bank's share price comes down even after reporting improved results. Opportunity to accumulate.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

@Prudentinvestor, yep its got me scratching my head why the banks are lacklustre today. I was expecting a move from all of them on the back of very good results but they sit there like a stale bottles of piss.

Surely it's a matter of when and not if they eventually get moved up by the Funds.

apprentice

788 posts

Posted by apprentice > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

RHB, CIMB, Maybank and Public Bank all down at close in spite of good QR. Only Ambank is doing some catch up.
Looks like people prefer speculative stocks rather than profit making counters.
Banks are making good profits and are boring stocks. Like what Warren Buffet said, making money is a boring business. There must be some truth to it.

pang72

44,951 posts

Posted by pang72 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

25c dividend for next QR

pang72

44,951 posts

Just wait and accumulate more with new PH government onboard

pang72

44,951 posts

Get steady income better than gamble
That's why I was here many years and subsequently many years.

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

I'm expecting some end of year window dressing in some sectors over the next few weeks. I'm already scratching my head as to why the banks have been lacklustre recently, particularly after reporting solid quarterlies, so I will be even more perplexed if they don't move upwards over the immediate short term.

Hope is not an investment strategy, although I'm hoping the banks start to make a move in the upcoming week :)

chongwee

13 posts

Posted by chongwee > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

anwar in power rasid hussain come back

pang72

44,951 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

My paymaster!

pang72

44,951 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Work harder

TreeTopView

1,197 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 4 hours ago | Report Abuse

Maybe.....just maybe this might be the start of the banks finally making the predicted upward move.

RHB needs to break 5.70 to start to look interesting.

Posted by ikanbiliskering > 3 hours ago | Report Abuse

sudah 5.70

pang72

44,951 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse

Tech tech tech belum habis shouting...

Bank bank bank pulak mari

Post a Comment