This is grandfather share company. Will not move much unless change of head. Mentality of directors are conventional. New power CEO with different business plans will get this company surging like 25 years ago.
I feel like there are people trapped at high price bought during last week. This counter usually do not have much buying and selling queue... If these people rush to sell, its share price may drop below recent low of 53 sen.
@satkeimah, nobody can advise u, up to u but if it's me, I will hope for price to at least break even or few cents above my cost before I sell. After all price now is near to your entry price. Just to share my opinion, not advise please.
What are the positive factors favoring the oil palm industry especially the upstream oil palm companies with huge amount of oil pal estates:
1. RM to USD is > RM4.15++ (Oil palm export proceeds in USD will bring back more RM to their kitty).
2. Good CPO price > RM4.5K/ton to RM5.0K/ton ++. (Same efforts, but selling at extremely good prices. Laughing all the way to the bank).
3. Most raw materials & costs of productions are sourced locally in RM including fertilizers as Malaysia has a strong resource-based economies as Malaysia has been in oil palm industry business for more than 50-60 years and so almost everything is local.
4. Upstream oil palm business is simple & no need for a Rocket Scientist to teach. Follow the basics, follow SOp & get them right.
5. For gold, steel, etc, closing stocks are based on purchasers from suppliers of them. (So, you realize when the gold, steels, etc are very high in prices, high profits are reported & when their closing stocks are high - Quantity x Closing Stock Price Valuation).
6. For oil palm estates, the closing stocks are on the trees & keep on harvesting from its own sources (oil palm estates), so no need to buy unless you are skewed more towards CPO extraction milling & trading. Keep producing, harvesting & get more values from the trees.
7. So, for the same efforts, for the same marginal increase in costs (fertilisers & labour), the operating profits generated as explained in above are 1.5 fold,2 folds, 2.5 folds, etc.
8. I sit comfortable with my simple business model analysis with oil palm industry & the oil palm companies I invest in for long term (LT) & know that I will reap from my patience & be rewarded.
This book is the result of the author's many years of experience and observation throughout his 26 years in the stockbroking industry. It was written for general public to learn to invest based on facts and not on fantasies or hearsay....