PACIFICMAS BHD

KLSE (MYR): PACMAS (4782)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

Be the first to like this.

132 comment(s). Last comment by yauyau57 2015-03-16 13:29

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 17:03 | Report Abuse

hahaha... remind me to ask your help as promoter of any counter in future! your tenacity is absolutely admirable! :)

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-18 21:23 | Report Abuse

wake up early in the morning and first thing i read is this - you're funny KC :)

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-18 21:36 | Report Abuse

Yungshen, since you are here to learn and mention knm, have you found out why a share was ~ rm 3 can drop to current price

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 22:11 | Report Abuse

How so frank?

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-18 23:23 | Report Abuse

'man of the match' of knm suddenly promoting this stock not even knowing anything about it and you're kind enough to be nice- at least hmf001 put him in his place- is that not funny or what :)

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 23:28 | Report Abuse

haha... every dog has its day... dont have to belittle him. never know he can be future billionaire! Then not only Mr Market bites your a*se, but he will too!

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-18 23:52 | Report Abuse

hehe absolutely agreed - one bite is painful enough certainly don't need more :)

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-18 23:57 | Report Abuse

it's still sore by the way! it was a hard kick! I'm taking my time off perfecting dart throwing these few days and hopefully will hit something hard next week!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 00:02 | Report Abuse

just dont come back riddled with holes!

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-19 00:06 | Report Abuse

nah dun worry but thanks for the concern. I don't really speculate. even on pennies but only 2 or 3 that have promises and stable. I'm not into buffet and the ones they goreng are just too much for me as I eat very little! - small appetite:)

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 00:39 | Report Abuse

ok Frank, good to hear! in fact, as i mentioned earlier, if no signs of bull emerging, i see the penny stock plays charging the KLCI towards 1670+. it is then to me signal to sell! Bear writing on the wall and aunties, noodle & chicken rice sellers, students, part time lelong auctioneer, environmentalist finance professors, Jack Welch investors, perception fundamentalist punters, half bred Sino-Japanese twits and retirees are invading the market and all with their infallable theories! i may be wrong, but i wont forget Warren's rule no. 1. whatever it is, don't panic and do a firesale! systematic order of retreat! :)

This Israeli-Iranian thingy seems to be drawing momentum! One of my pals in Exxon Malaysia is talking about it too! best be aware!

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-19 00:43 | Report Abuse

i have read all comment in here,i am new here but i dun understand wht is capital repayment and is this company will closing soon? this stock still can buy?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 00:51 | Report Abuse

keanfee, are you sure you have read all the comments here? suggest you read again please!

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-19 01:13 | Report Abuse

Hehe KC .Noted with thanks :)- wah so many 'experts' that you mentioned and it's about time to exit. actually I've been planning a while and cleared some of my proftable or really lousy ones - the ones I'm holding even if markets drops sharply will have small effect but not too great of a concern. Yes I remember the firesale rule :) Just try to ride till the fat lady stop singing or buying her hermes bags! You know the market has been holding very well despite euro crisis, slow growth etc - all the effects from QE! The day I'm out is when I see the laggards start moving fast as the blue chips seems pretty toppish. also you notice one thing when these so call experts call a shot right ( does not matter if they were way off countless times ) they'll be making their presence felt daily but when they're wrong (most times) - you hardly hear from them and the minute if they are right again boom out of nowhere -I'm back! :)If yu can't beat them might as well join them!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 01:25 | Report Abuse

considered that, until i realised they were all probably trying to show pimpled schoolgirls and girlfriends that they are brilliant in the investment field, just to get into their knickers! The aunties part, i dunno! Probably mid-life crisis kicking in! :)

"The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing."- Philip Fisher

and..

"The chief losses to investors come from the purchase of low-quality securities at times of favorable business conditions."- Benjamin Graham

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-19 01:37 | Report Abuse

hehe, you did not mention the uncles part :)
wise sentences indeed! but how many will take note?
hey I'm a newbie - any tips ah? this stock can buy ah? sigh!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 01:43 | Report Abuse

uncles all in Bangkok or Hat Yai doing some of their own punting there whilst aunties busy speculating something else here!

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-19 01:50 | Report Abuse

Isee Isee :)

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-19 03:36 | Report Abuse

this stock dividends how to calculate?

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-19 03:41 | Report Abuse

anyone can let me know this company background? thx

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-19 04:09 | Report Abuse

closing shop!

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-19 12:20 | Report Abuse

to keanfee...

Yr Question "stock dividends how to calculate?"
You cannot calculate Stock Dividends!!!!
Stock dividend is decided by the company...if it is profitable..
otherwise you get no dividend...ex;MAS...

You can calculate the Dividend Yield of a company...
say, the dividend is 10cts per share of AAA Bhd...
yr costs of holding AAA Bhd is RM1.00
Then you can easily calculate Dividend Yield [DY].
10cts divided by 100cts equals 0.1 is 10%..
investors will used this DY to compare yr banks FD Rates.
Get it...

You shld take this Raya holidays to read more on PacMas...
since you are so interested in this company..
Pls READ & READ & understand the contents...
if still not clear come back to this forum..
see if i could help you..

anyone can let me know this company background? thx

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-19 12:27 | Report Abuse

for this company 1 year return how many % ?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 12:45 | Report Abuse

Keanfee, this year a lot of analysts believe the company will be giving between 50-95% because of a very good year. You may consider it if the returns are good for you. Next year some predict it will give above 100% of profit barring any problem. The growth is just that good! The are doing some extraordinary sales entry and maybe you wantto study what assets they are selling!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 12:50 | Report Abuse

But I really worry for company that can boast giving 100% of themselves. You can believe company can survive if they give all their profit and also capital repayment, keanfee?

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-19 14:03 | Report Abuse

to keanfee

Capital Repayment is 95cts per share

Capital Repayment Ex-Date is Aug 24 2012

Payment Ex-Date is Sept 11 2012

(Unless otherwise defined, all terms used in this announcement shall have the same meaning as defined in the circular to shareholders dated 24 April 2012 (“Circular”).)

The Capital Repayment which is part of the Proposed Distributions, is made pursuant to Section 4, Part A of the Circular. The Capital Repayment was approved by the Shareholders at the EGM on 16 May 2012 and confirmed by the High Court on 2 August 2012. Please refer to the Circular for further information on the Capital Repayment.

Pursuant to the Capital Repayment, the entitled shareholders of PacificMas whose names appear in the Register of Members or Record of Depositors of the Company at the close of business on 28 August 2012 will be entitled to the Capital Repayment.

Upon completion of the Capital Repayment, PacificMas will only be holding cash and certain illiquid assets. Therefore, the Board of PacificMas intends to initiate the proposed members' voluntary winding-up of PacificMas in accordance with the Companies Act, 1965 ("Proposed Winding-Up") after the Capital Repayment. The Proposed Winding-Up will be undertaken to facilitate the liquidation of the remaining illiquid assets and thereafter, return the net cash recoverable arising thereof to the shareholders. Thereafter, as there is little or no advantage to remain listed, it is not the intention of the Board to maintain the listing status of the Company. Accordingly, an application will be submitted to Bursa Securities to de-list the Company from the Official List of Bursa Securities after the receipt of the Shareholders' approval for the Proposed Winding-Up.

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-19 14:15 | Report Abuse

Hm, you may want to make a correction that there is no ex date for payment of the said amount.
For those who still don't understand the company will not be listed after winding up and all dues are paid.
Those who are holding the shares have to make a decision soon to sell now or wait until completion of the company affairs before the demise of the company

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-19 14:30 | Report Abuse

Thanks tonylim for the info..

There is no ex date for payment

error rectified as

"Payment Date is Sept 11 2012"

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 14:41 | Report Abuse

keanfee chose not to see the light! i thought of using layman's explanation to make him do his research! :)

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-20 02:04 | Report Abuse

why this company will be demise?

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-20 02:55 | Report Abuse

Because the shareholder say so (company law) plus also for companies to remain listed they must have an ongoing biz etc (burse listing rules)
Since the company decide to sell all businesses previously run by them(If I understood correctly from this thread)there is then no biz to do hence no need listing the company on the Bursa.
Do you know that like politics, majority rules. I assume you are the minority shareholder. Of course the law says that to put your company to demise, there are certains rule and meetings (like UMNO assemblies) to be held before you are allowed to go.
The law purported also protect the minority to ensure no foul play or cheat the minority

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-20 21:05 | Report Abuse

why PacMas will be demise? See last paragraph

PacificMas slips to top losers list

From Star dated 2012.06.06

Fall in share prices sees its year-high surge lasts only a day

PacificMas Bhd's shares topped the losers list falling 74sen to RM3.57 a day after surging to its highest price in almost 13 months, gaining RM1.01, to RM4.31 on Monday's close.
On June 1 the company announced to Bursa Malaysia a single tier tax exempt special interim dividend of RM2.405 per share, which will go ex on June 13, 2012.
Market observers said that the abrupt decline a day after the surge could be attributed to the overreacted exuberence of market participants on the share price without factoring in the developments in the company.
PacificMas had in another statement to Bursa on the trading day of the share price surge on June 4 highlighted to shareholders that “the market price of PacificMas' shares will be adjusted downwards by the amount of the special dividend of RM2.405 per PacificMas share on the ex-date by Bursa Securities”.
“The company wishes to reiterate that the declaration of the special dividend, which was part of the proposed distributions, was made pursuant to Section 4, Part A of the circular following the completion of the proposed disposals on May 31, 2012,” it said.
The company had, on May 31, announced that PacificMas and OCBC Capital (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd agreed that the disposals, proposed on April 24, were completed on May 31 in accordance with the terms and conditions of the sales and purchase agreement.
The proposal was to dispose several of its subsidiaries to OCBC Capital and PacificMas had also proposed to distribute the proceeds from these proposed disposals to all entitled shareholders via a special dividend or a capital repayment.
These disposals included its 100% equity interest in Pac Lease Bhd, P.B. Pacific Sdn Bhd, PacificMas Fidelity Sdn Bhd and PacificMas Capital Sdn Bhd for RM387.89mil and a disposal of its 85% equity interest in Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd for RM40.34mil.
The company also announced that it would apply to delist its shares after it receives shareholders' approval pertaining to its proposal to wind up because it will only be left with some remaining illiquid assets after the disposal of several of its subsidiaries is completed.

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-21 01:04 | Report Abuse

so this stock still can buy?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-21 01:11 | Report Abuse

sure! buy it if you are confident with the future prospects of this company, Keanfee!

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-21 12:43 | Report Abuse

how about this stock HARRISONS HOLDINGS (M) BHD (5008)good buy?

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-21 17:53 | Report Abuse

to keanfee, Yr question

so this stock still can buy?
if you happen to read this which was in response to kongfeifan86

If i happen to hv PacMas with me, i would be glad to sell to you...
Why??? Knowing that the capital payment is at 95cts...
would be very happy to sell it to anyone willing to buy at above the capital repayment price.
Just like what you have done..buying PacMas at 115cts...
i would be making a clean profit of 20cts...[115-95=20]..
PacMas will be delisted as stated clearly in the Notice..you should refer to bursa announcement...Pls read more if you want to make money.
Unless you are waiting for Mr Raymond Chan to buy the shell company of PacMas..then you can hold PacMas..
Otherwise, Sell to cut yr losses asap...
Remember, you are holding something that is worth only 95cts...
Hope this is clear to you...

After much writing, explaining to you that PacMas will be delisted...
you still want to buy PacMas!!!Hope yr buy decision is correct!!!

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-21 18:26 | Report Abuse

Keanfee, you are a nut for asking the same question. HMF they already said they will wind up pac mas

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-23 21:25 | Report Abuse

to Keanfee

if price move up more than 14cts..you shld make some money..
so check the stock price tomorrow morning...

PacMas reference price 14 sen after capital repayment from the star

The reference price for PacificMas Bhd on Friday following the capital repayment of 95 sen cash per share will be 14 sen.

Bursa Malaysia Bhd's securities market operations said in a circular on Thursday the reference price was merely an indicative price for the shares to be traded within the trading limits.

"The fair value of the shares should be determined by the market forces," it said.

The capital repayment of 95 sen, which goes ex on Friday, would involve reducing the par value of each RM1 share to 5.0 sen each under Section 64 of the Companies Act, 1965.

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-24 00:20 | Report Abuse

what is the price shall i buy?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 00:32 | Report Abuse

hahaha... i really salute this keanfee!

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-24 01:28 | Report Abuse

im new here dun know.

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-24 02:00 | Report Abuse

keanfee, one last word, dont buy

Posted by kongfeifan86 > 2012-08-24 09:17 | Report Abuse

Y TODAY SUDDENLY BECOME TOP GAINER? ANY NEWS?

HMF001

11 posts

Posted by HMF001 > 2012-08-24 10:00 | Report Abuse

i really salute this keanfee & kongfeifan86!

Again, HIGH RISK come HIGH GAIN...

Trading to a high of 44cts...

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 10:01 | Report Abuse

hahaha... most of you underestimated it by just calculating capital repayment. A lot still expecting some special dividend! me? i am chicken! willing only to buy below RM1 then!

hoohaa

307 posts

Posted by hoohaa > 2012-08-24 10:02 | Report Abuse

think the big sharks are going for one last rally to make a round of money before they bid us farewell?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 10:05 | Report Abuse

very possible hoohaa... anything goes at this moment! :)

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-24 10:22 | Report Abuse

why now 40cts?

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-24 10:26 | Report Abuse

walau darth yung got it right again?

keanfee

70 posts

Posted by keanfee > 2012-08-24 10:26 | Report Abuse

still can buy or not this stock?