PERDANA PETROLEUM BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): PERDANA (7108)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (1.35%)

Day's Change

0.36 - 0.375

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

7,126 comment(s). Last comment by spsampah 1 week ago

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-26 12:39 | Report Abuse

Based on HLIB's estimates, using PER of 14x, Perdana is worth RM1.70, RM1.95 and RM2.57 based on FY13, FY14 and FY15 earnings respectively. If u hold for at least a year, the stock would climb, at least, to RM1.70.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-26 16:09 | Report Abuse

Minitrader ,

Thanks for details of Perdana. still holding Perdana , hopes it may sustain to my TP.

In fact, i miss Maybulk yesterday too.
Is bcos to choose 1 in 2 , so decided to Perdana , let go Maybulk.

Aihs ,,,
Maybulk fly madly +5c , 1.51
Perdana flay +3c , 1.18

I m charties , only hold rising stock.

Very Sorry for the hard words in GOcean , but I just shared what I read from chart. Those story been shared , I took it as tippis and only concentrate my chart.
It bcos , I was foolished by some others "Non Charties friend" (which not from here) in the past , by telling story of will fly high & will break low.
End up, I incurred a great lose.

Pls Refer a company called "DXN" which privitised in end Yr 2011 or early Yr 2012, if the chart stil available.

GOcean ,
still floading on side trend , but the MACD line has pointed to bearish zone, u just beware.

Hopes its will annource suprise 4Q12 results which may surge the share px abit higher b4 the "REAL COLAR BEAR" arrive.

Good Luck.

Posted by emierhelmee > 2013-02-26 16:28 | Report Abuse

can this counter go UP tomorrow?

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-26 18:02 | Report Abuse

Thanks imf-hau. I hv still lots of Perdana and still holding, but Gocean gone to the drain. Can't say much about Gocean.

Maybulk has entered overbought territory with RSI of 78 while Perdana at 60. I believe Perdana has more upside before it reaches overbought levels.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-26 18:16 | Report Abuse

Minitrader,

Pls dont depends much on RSI , it just a laging data and revise on daily basis. Normally I m ignore bcos those overbought n oversell level r misleading.

Hv u ever seen some overbought level can last for 3 weeks and kept hitting new hight everyday?
I saw many and believing u also seen b4.

So,,,just look into the MACD only VS Px candle , catch the trend , enjoy the trend.

Son - Perdana resuls annourced yesterday
Mother - Dayang 4Q12 results annourced today.
Grand Mother - Naim 4Q12 results ??

My view , monitor closely for 3x Co. together , once bad candle ... u shd know what to do.....

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 08:47 | Report Abuse

Thanks imf_hau. I also keep track of MACD and px candle but RSI just to warn me of the overbought and oversold positions. u are right, there stocks which hit new highs on overbought readings, indicating a bullish trend.

Dayang earnings not too bad but earnings up on improved margin. Nevertheless revenue down q-o-q and y-o-y.

chung

551 posts

Posted by chung > 2013-02-27 09:33 | Report Abuse

May be awarded big contract in hand... announce soon...

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-27 09:51 | Report Abuse

Minitrader,

We here can just monitor MACD + Px candle will know the bull bear begin n end.

RSI , totally dont see at all.

Agreed with u , Dayang GP% improved.
I only dissappointed it didnt declare any special , since too much cash holding in hand.

Chung,

In Macro view , stock px rise , purely depends on its financial results + Rich Cashflow + Consistant Dividend Policy.

In Micro view , stock px rise , purely depends on rumuous + tips.

Hopes its explain and clarify u...

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 10:23 | Report Abuse

DAYANG FY12 FINAL RESULTS REVIEW
HLIB
Profit Beast of the Sea
Results  In line: FY12 PATAMI increased 23% yoy to RM102m,
making up 104% and 107% of HLIB and consensus full-year
estimates, respectively.
Deviations  None.
Dividends  None.
Highlights  FY12 Revenue increased 5% yoy due to higher utilisation of
vessels and contribution from new workboat Dayang Topez.
The 23% increase in profit was due to higher contribution
from the fatter margin marine charter business.
 The increase in profit is in line with our view that offshore
service providers are enjoying a cyclical upswing as efforts to
increase offshore O&G production intensify, on top of
ongoing maintenance of aging O&G infrastructure. In
addition the robust results underline Dayang’s strong
negotiating power and economies of scale.
 We believe Dayang is likely to take a share of the estimated
RM10bn PAN Malaysian hook up and commission contracts
up for grabs including an estimated RM2.5bn Shell contract.
The incumbents are SapuraKencana and Petra Energy and
we believe the contract is likely to be spread around.
 In addition, with an additional 10 marginal fields in the
pipeline the likelihood of Dayang winning is extremely high.
We believe new contracts will add to existing revenue.
 Dayang’s growth is rooted in a solid high margin recurring
platform maintenance business which will benefit from an
increased number of platforms as the Government opens
new fields and oil majors continue with upgrading aging
facilities.
Risks  Political risk.
 Delays in contract disbursement.
 Execution risk.
Forecasts  Largely unchanged.
Rating BUY ()
 Positives –
 solid track record and expertise in HUC.
 captive market for topside maintenance.
 Negatives –
 unsure of international growth prospects.
 difficulties in sourcing O&G engineering talent.
Valuation. We maintain a BUY call and an unchanged TP of RM3.36
based on an unchanged 14x (our small cap valuation multiple)
FY13 EPS of 24 sen/share.

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 10:33 | Report Abuse

Thanks again imf_hau...will closely monitor MACD and px candle. Either it tails up or reverses down to indicate a positive or negative divergence. Yeah, MACD is a good TA tool. Hope won't be caught again as in Gocean. That was my worst stock ever.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-27 11:30 | Report Abuse

Since u know n understand the +tive vs -tive divergent, y r u still cought in GOcean ??
It candle trending already turned -tive divergent upon I called for selling.

Now, a good example is AMEDIA , exactly the same as GOcean.
Pls check it out yourself.

+tive vs -tive divergent = to catch the entire trend , not means for the T3 contra.

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 11:52 | Report Abuse

Gocean was a big mistake, induced and influenced by someone, giving so much hope. Was stupified despite the clear signals on the chart. I goofed on that one. Really stupid of me I admit.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-27 13:30 | Report Abuse

Posted by minitrader > Feb 27, 2013 11:33 AM | Report Abuse

Imh_ha, do u think Perdana has room to go up further given that it has moved up for 6 days now? Take profit perhaps?

Pls refer to px movement + huge volume @ 18.12.12 , 07.01.13 , 16.01.13 ?
See the sequence??

I m now waiting for the next big volume to ......^^

But yet, still refer to MACD vs Px Candle.

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 14:52 | Report Abuse

yeah, got your message..

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 15:10 | Report Abuse

+7 sen 5.9%...:)

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 16:03 | Report Abuse

up up n away...:)

beginner_1

291 posts

Posted by beginner_1 > 2013-02-27 16:04 | Report Abuse

how come wa still not moving?

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-27 16:11 | Report Abuse

Y Wa shd move ??

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-27 17:05 | Report Abuse

+8sen, 6.8%...:}

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-27 17:45 | Report Abuse

Minitrader ,

Perdana good move , +8c , RM 1.26 , Wanto Six.

Naim +5c , 1.92 , uptrending.
4Q12 Profit 11m vs 3Q12 29m
Declared +5c dividend , ex-date 15.03.13

Y the ex-date sound familiar ???

chung

551 posts

Posted by chung > 2013-02-28 01:03 | Report Abuse

a sentence to said about Perdana " solid support, defendsive in downtrend market,reliable & peace of mind to invest in this counter .

beginner_1

291 posts

Posted by beginner_1 > 2013-02-28 15:40 | Report Abuse

you see now wa is moving ........ cu at 40 cents ;)

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-28 17:00 | Report Abuse

:}...my post-CNY angpow

usry

1,202 posts

Posted by usry > 2013-02-28 17:04 | Report Abuse

good counter.. good performance.. will joint the party next round (after GE13 over)

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-28 17:10 | Report Abuse

let it come off again and bottom fish when it drops later

usry

1,202 posts

Posted by usry > 2013-02-28 17:26 | Report Abuse

Yes..will wait patiently.. 1 month to go...hehe

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-28 17:55 | Report Abuse

so Minitrader ,

means u have sold all your Perdana today ??

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-02-28 22:38 | Report Abuse

please can somebody advise me is this counter good to buy at the moment,,or wait for some profit taking?? what is the RSI of this counter at the moment. i am always working, can somebody out there who is always watching this stock, to sms to me once, it goes to a good buying price... i want to buy a lot...my mobile is 0193629402

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-02-28 23:20 | Report Abuse

RSI close to 70. Resistance 1.29, broken and touched 1.30. Looks like it's to climb higher before making a pullback.I reckon its one of the last legs before GE13.

Imf_hau, I already sold half of my holdings (avg 1.28). Hope to catch the -ve divergence while at its peak, and let go the rest. Making handsome gains already. Can't complain much.

zack_liza

1,560 posts

Posted by zack_liza > 2013-02-28 23:40 | Report Abuse

Sell all if u have perdana.early last year the price below rm 0.50.now rm1.30.second time up after drop rm1.03 this year.beware .

zack_liza

1,560 posts

Posted by zack_liza > 2013-02-28 23:45 | Report Abuse

Oops..no dividend since 3/6/2010..non trustee stock..after create new hi 52 week this stock will drop back below rm1.00.selamat tinggal perdana.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-02-28 23:58 | Report Abuse

Minitrader,

I m still 100% holding , I hv no worry at all , Despite today is T3 , volume is extreamly high of 24m.

Sit tight , see long movie ,,, ^^

zack_liza

1,560 posts

Posted by zack_liza > 2013-03-01 00:03 | Report Abuse

Wait n see what happen this stock b4 general election and after...

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-03-01 00:27 | Report Abuse

zack_liza,

I know your concern of the GE 13 impact to the share mkt.

We know what shd do , how to do , when to do.

Thanks for your alerting.

Minitrader,

It still long way to form -tive divergent , no worry lah .. ^^
Lets see long long movie.

mikayla26

58 posts

Posted by mikayla26 > 2013-03-01 01:29 | Report Abuse

lmf_hau

How to know when is T3?

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-03-01 11:34 | Report Abuse

Mikayla26,

t3 , is highly subjective to every 1.
To me , 25.02.13 (1) was t0.
yesterday 28.02.13 (4) was t3.

but some people may hv different counting......

mikayla26

58 posts

Posted by mikayla26 > 2013-03-01 12:01 | Report Abuse

lmf_hau

Tks for the explaination. I get confused when advised to be careful of T3 as there is when the contra players will sell, but yet I dont know of any way of spotting when is the T3 day.

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-03-01 12:33 | Report Abuse

in the stockbroking industry, they use the term "T+3". T+4 is already the forced-selling day.

Posted by abdulrango > 2013-03-01 18:51 | Report Abuse

i hope perdana can go 1.50 is it realistic gentleman?

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-03-01 19:24 | Report Abuse

what are the support levels at the moment??

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-03-04 12:56 | Report Abuse

Naim +0c , 1.91
Dayang +12c , 2.65
Perdana +1c , 1.24

Seem to be , more coming ,,,, watch out.

Pls behave.
Let it be and dont be too obvious.

If Perdana is "GEM" , 1 day it will spark by itself without "promiting". as bcos "REAL FUND HOUSE MGR" will keep buying....

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-03-04 14:57 | Report Abuse

Yeah, still holding. As a matter of fact, I bought again when it dropped to 1.22-1.24 level.

lmf_hau

674 posts

Posted by lmf_hau > 2013-03-04 15:34 | Report Abuse

Minitrader , U r like Ninja , keep earning the 2c - 5c swing ,, must be very big volume n good profit.

Me ??? mmmmmm ,,,,,, still 100% holding.

minitrader

2,273 posts

Posted by minitrader > 2013-03-04 15:59 | Report Abuse

that's y I call myself a mini trader. Trader mah. From 1.30/1.29 down to 1.22/1.23, at least I can pocket the difference if price move up again.

Posted by abdulrango > 2013-03-04 16:01 | Report Abuse

still holding bought at 1.18 didnt sell @ 1.30 taught can go some more

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-03-04 22:41 | Report Abuse

REMEMBER LAST TIME KNM ALSO USE TO BEHAVE THE SAME,,VERY VERY BULLISH WITH GOOD COMPANY REPORTS..LOOK WHAT HAD HAPPEN NOW.. MUST BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN DEALING WITH VERY BULLISH COUNTERS... MAYBE TODAY THEIR EARNING IS OK,, BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW.. THIS TYPE OF COUNTERS NOT SUITABLE FOR LONG TERM INVESTMENT.. JUST TRADE IN AND OUT FAST.. MAKE A LITTLE PROFIT IS ALSO OK...THIS IS MY OPPINION

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-03-04 22:43 | Report Abuse

Quarterly profits another letdown

KUALA LUMPUR (March 4): The fourth quarter earnings season, which ended last Thursday, shows disappointing trends across most sectors.

Interpac Securities head of research Pong Teng Siew said most of the companies that were under the research house’s coverage posted disappointing results for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2012.

He noticed that there was a slowdown in earnings growth, and many companies were affected by one-off factors, such as amortisation and accelerated depreciation.

“These companies seemed to be more vulnerable to these one-off factors because of their slow earnings growth. Even after reworking the numbers and adding back what the companies lost in one-off expenses, their growth was still slow.”

However, there were always exceptions to trends observed, and Pong added that within each sector, one or two of the largest players seemed to be able to maintain their earnings growth while others fell behind.

UOB Kay Hian Research’s head of research Vincent Khoo shared the view that there were more negative surprises compared to positive ones.

“Roughly speaking, about 70% of the companies came within our expectations, but 25% were disappointing. This was significantly higher than those pleasant surprises.”

“There were more earnings downgrades in this fourth quarter, compared with other ratings,” he added.

The two sectors that underperformed during the quarter, as pointed out by the two research heads, were plantations and telecommunications.

Pong said the earnings drag was particularly pronounced within the plantations sector, and opined that it would probably continue for a while.

“If you look at the earnings growth plantations, as a sector, experienced about one and a half to two years ago, that figure was about 15%. This year the sector only saw a nine per cent increase, which was quite a sharp slowdown,” he said.

Meanwhile, head of research of CIMB Research Terence Wong concurred that the February results season was another big letdown.

In view of the disappointing corporate results in the fourth quarter, CIMB Research lowered its year-end target for the benchmark FBM KLCI to 1,640 points from 1,670 points, adding that election risks remains a key concern although its price/earnings (P/E) ratio target is raised slightly from 13.3 times to 13.5 times, based on an unchanged five percent discount to the three-year moving average P/E.

The Ebitda of telco was pressured due to higher device expenses and various activities implemented in conjunction with year-end festivities, said MIDF’s head of equity research Syed Muhammed Kifni in a note last Friday.

“In addition, heavy upfront investment for data infrastructure without the corresponding utilisation and the fact that data margins are still relatively low also affected profitability,” he said.

The percentage of companies which reported earnings that were below expectations came in at 23% in 4QFY12, while the proportion of positive surprises remained at 13% with the remaining 64% of stocks under the research house’s coverage performing within expectations.

On the other hand, construction, media, oil & gas, property and transport were among the sectors that recorded higher earnings in the fourth quarter both sequentially and when compared to the corresponding period last year, noted Syed Muhammed.

Major construction companies reported healthy order books from the various contract awards pursuant to the implementation of Economic Transformation Programme-related projects and property-related developments also helped boost earnings.

Meanwhile, the oil & gas sector continued to grow modestly which underpins a more optimistic outlook. Syed Muhammed said the sector could expect to see a good mix of local, regional and international jobs to be awarded to local O&G players.

“Hence, despite the lingering uncertainty over the upcoming 13th general election, we anticipate the market will have a better chance to attract renewed buying interest which may help to resuscitate the fading market momentum,” he said in his note.

He reiterated that the FBM KLCI would normalise at higher levels, although there was a possibility of the market temporarily decoupling from the rest of the region.

MIDF maintains its end-2013 KLCI target of 1,750 points.

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-03-04 22:54 | Report Abuse

volatility of stocks are best measured by BETA ratings... please can somebody tell me where can i get the complete beta ratings...usually the best time to get is after earning reports..please help

zack_liza

1,560 posts

Posted by zack_liza > 2013-03-05 01:08 | Report Abuse

Please check beta rating from reuters or bloomberg..if u have terminal..to me run first if price above rm1.25.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz