Posted by tuniamasingh > 2012-09-09 14:07 | Report Abuse

For those who want to buy in the stock that is highly recommended and hotly posted here, let me share with you what are the factors that you should look into before put in your hard earned money. The stocks that are highly recommended here:- (1)Berjaya Corp (2)KNM (3)JCY (4)Padini (5)Scomi (7)KUB (8)MRCB (9)WCT (10)Kumpulan Fima Factors to look into:- (1) The past 5 years result. Whether they are showing growth trend or other wise. (2) Business model and Future Prospects -Are they sustainable? For me it is relatively easy, if the company involves in 4 important necessities : Clothes,Foods,transport,housing (3) Management or owners integrity. Creating wealth for shareholders or just bunch a crooks that are good in enriching themselves with all the corporate exercise that diluted shareholders' wealth? (4)Political link Mostly depends on political connection to get contract but still end up with huge loss in the bottomline. (5)Cash Rich or High Gearing A good company when reporting good result must at a same time generating positive operating cash flow as well. Otherwise, beware of the trap. Aviod high gearing company. (6)Dividend yield. Whether the company has minimum paid out policy and whether the dividend payment is in the growing trend. (7)History never lies If you were to check the record,there are particluary companies very vulnerable when the economy turns bad. You will see the sharp fall of the share price and the management has to call a emergency press conference to cool down the panic selling. I still have fresh memory of how the Dubai crisis has rattled the share price of few companies. I do not have to name it. (8)The potential of the management to come out with corporate exercise such as Bonus Issues, privatisation or merger and acquistion. So my bro and sister, do your homework. Do not get conned. Because there are big sharks eyeing you here. If you are buying Vincent Tan's group of companies, ask yourself whether Vincent Tan is famous in creating wealth for minority shareholders. What about political link company like MRCB,SCOMI,KUB. After given so much contracts by the government, have they recorded good results that really impress you? Are the companies still sitting with huge debts and once the economy turns bad can they weather the storm? What about Kumpulan Fima, what is their previous track record and can the management can be trusted? Thank yoruself if you have started asking quetions before investing.

8 people like this.

29 comment(s). Last comment by edmundgooi 2012-09-10 12:29

Posted by Carlsson Lim > 2012-09-09 14:16 | Report Abuse

+1 .... well written

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-09-09 14:24 | Report Abuse

tun, scomi and knm are recovering stocks. Whats your thoughts?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-09 14:55 | Report Abuse

clothes? err.. dont understand! if you mean necessities or stock with defensive nature, then true la!

JCY is bad stock! :)

noobie

29 posts

Posted by noobie > 2012-09-09 15:02 | Report Abuse

Thanks. Very good advice.
I would like to ask for help about where or which website can I search for the past 5 years result.
Pls help new bees like me.

aunloke

974 posts

Posted by aunloke > 2012-09-09 15:54 | Report Abuse

In ft.com you can get a comparison of all vital data for 4 years .

Ram Cheong

450 posts

Posted by Ram Cheong > 2012-09-09 16:11 | Report Abuse

number 3 , the management integrity is bit difficult to know . ...........

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-09-09 16:53 | Report Abuse

wow aunloke, thanks and blessed to know ft.com website for info.
Price volume chart available up to ten years
used to rely on finance.yahoo.com, no longer available.

fandi

280 posts

Posted by fandi > 2012-09-09 18:20 | Report Abuse

Please share your opinion on KFIMA. I think it fulfills the criterias from (1) to (8).

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-09-09 18:35 | Report Abuse

all applicable except 8 (lapan)
I will be excited if there is ... talking about it for at least 5 years already, right?

King Kong73

2,046 posts

Posted by King Kong73 > 2012-09-09 21:54 | Report Abuse

yaaayy..scomi is in the list..thanks for making the list..a great help pal

Posted by tuniamasingh > 2012-09-09 23:14 | Report Abuse

Not to offend anyone just my 2 sen opinion. One can get 5 years financial figures in the bursa Malaysia website. For me Scomi
and Knm is just a trading stocks. Results for the past 5 years have not been impressive. The yo yo performance of these companies does not qualify these companies in my investment list but merely a speculative counters. For Kumpulan Fima, I am still monitoring the company and is still under my watchlist. While I am impressed with the profit growth of the company for the past few years and strong balance sheet , the illiquid of the stock and the media shy and low profile management does not help. The management need to be more proactive on the capital management to make the stock more attractive. Otherwise people will shy away from this stock.

benson911

639 posts

Posted by benson911 > 2012-09-09 23:19 | Report Abuse

Thx for sharing Tuniamasingh, mind to share us stock tht alr in your portfolio?

Posted by edmundgooi > 2012-09-09 23:21 | Report Abuse

Cannot find fault with you as you got your points. Hope to hear more inputs from you.

Posted by tuniamasingh > 2012-09-09 23:32 | Report Abuse

Benson, currently I am holding oriental holdings, digi, maxis, Zhulian and pos Malaysia. Stock in my watch list is PPB group, genting international, Kumpulan Fima and MBSB.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-09 23:39 | Report Abuse

Fair assessment judging from his portfolio although I am of the opinion that oriental is quite illiquid too looking at how the family is controlling it!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-09 23:44 | Report Abuse

And also to note cash rich may not necessarily be a good thing nor debt a bad one either. Both could be work-in-progress! Most O&G stocks worldwide are highly leveraged! It depends entirely on how the management do with the financial aspects of the company!

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-09 23:50 | Report Abuse

hehe good assessment - I particularly like #3 err General Lee hehe

Taugeh

671 posts

Posted by Taugeh > 2012-09-10 00:02 | Report Abuse

I knowm frank, coz you jumped in at 0.90-0.925 and still looking at it.....hehe

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-10 00:08 | Report Abuse

hehe no lah I jumped in at 2.00 and already out at .70 no more legs all eaten by General's sharks! lucky still got fingers to type hehe

Taugeh

671 posts

Posted by Taugeh > 2012-09-10 00:17 | Report Abuse

Ahh? Like that also can? 0.7...When was it? Last year?

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-10 00:21 | Report Abuse

nah I had this way back in 2008 and sold some and then bought back more when they have all the invincible projects then finally beh tahan and sold 2 months ago when it hit .70 then only to watch it go to .56 and then now back up. nah dun worries a good lesson for me so now #3 is my first investment guide - all else comes second. Now I just sembang2 in knm counter to support my friends - I actually hope it shoot up to 1.50 or whatever they hope hehe!

Taugeh

671 posts

Posted by Taugeh > 2012-09-10 00:39 | Report Abuse

KMN..kmn..goog luck, brother...In and out must be quick..

I smell something fishy there...why should they spread all the positive news all over if they are confident that the company is making a positive return on the first place?

I have been watching KMN since last Aug 2011...boy..it is not a counter of my type..going 'south' all he way...really..the managements are a bunch of i????s as far as I am concerned...though I've never holded a single share..

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-10 00:41 | Report Abuse

taugeh yep I fully agree with you so you sembang here o.k. dun go knm thread otherwise you'll be pulled in by Darth Yung - General lee's commander in charge of Bolihland forces hehe

Taugeh

671 posts

Posted by Taugeh > 2012-09-10 00:46 | Report Abuse

hahahaha....k...I don't like the word KNM..It sounds very bad in Chinese..very bad; therefore, never touch it,,,

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-10 00:48 | Report Abuse

yeah yeah good for you knm Ka Ni Ma? - not your ma o.k hehe

Taugeh

671 posts

Posted by Taugeh > 2012-09-10 00:49 | Report Abuse

smart man..alright,,time to go..regards and have fun

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-10 00:51 | Report Abuse

Alright goodnight :)

fandi

280 posts

Posted by fandi > 2012-09-10 09:20 | Report Abuse

Very fair comments. A lot of people waiting to listen to Kfima 's management comments and guidance in two weeks time. Very excited.

Posted by edmundgooi > 2012-09-10 12:29 | Report Abuse

See how many people get burnt with the above stocks here.

Kesiannya.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz