Posted by dextronium > 2013-04-07 14:24 | Report Abuse

Dear all I am a new comer in stock investment and trading. I am extremely amazed reading through various forumers' comment on how much they have made from their share trading and really hope that i may become one of them. I have talked to people and followed few forums and have the following questions: 1. With the objective of increasing my wealth in short term, which one is more suitable, trading or investment? Note: I was told that if we are investing, means that we just put it the money, buy some good stocks, keep them and let them grow and enjoy the bonus, dividend or whatsoever is awarded. On the other hand, if we are trading, means we buy in cheap and sell out when the TP is achieved.. (Is my understanding correct?) 2. If let say i choose to become a trader for the time being, what should i pay attention to? Note: I normally will look through the fundamentals of the stock (numbers which are quoted in Stock Performance Guide) and then I will also look at the target price estimated from TA from various fund managers, which are quite easily accessible in this website. The problem is, i can see my earning so far, but the rate is rather slow (or am i too greedy?) if compared to others who have purchased some other stocks and hold them for the similar period as i do. So back to the question, how do you all pick your stocks? Are there anything else i should keep in mind? (or the market is actually extremely unpredictable, earning is basically dependent on luck?) 3. Again, if i choose to become a trader, how much is the initial capital that i must be ready with? (I know, this mainly depends on our budget, but i just want to have a rough idea how much to start off with as a minimum.) I appreciate any input from you all and please bear with this newbie for these idiotic questions. Thanks in advance.

Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by necro 2013-04-08 22:50

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-04-07 14:27 | Report Abuse

go for REITs cause if u loose in cycle,hot,penny,pn17 then you wanna want play stock again..

dextronium

282 posts

Posted by dextronium > 2013-04-08 22:48 | Report Abuse

thanks for the hard works Mr Tan...
thanks for the input, Mr Necro...

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-04-08 22:50 | Report Abuse

Currently u trade base on?TA?FA?...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz