Posted by supermix2 > 2015-11-15 12:18 | Report Abuse

SMART 'EMPERORS' IN UMNO WILL MAKE SURE THEIR GRASSROOTS STAY 'STUPID' TO STAY IN POWER V Shuman, the fact is that in Malaysia, English is reserved for the elite ruling class within Umno. I am told that the Malay College Kuala Kangsar uses English as its medium of instruction as do selected colleges under the Mara umbrella, presumably for the unwashed who do not qualify for MCKK. English opens the mind by giving access to knowledge. The ruling elite in Umno do not want the greater unwashed to be too smart. Apparently, Lao Tze, a smart philosopher who lived in feudal China, has said that a smart emperor will endeavour to keep his subjects stupid - the stupider his subjects are, the better for the emperor. I am sure that the ruling elite in Umno know what Lao Tze had said - they probably read it in English. By forcing Bahasa Melayu (yes, let's make no bones about it - it is Bahasa Melayu) onto the masses, a huge chunk of knowledge will forever be out of reach to the populace. Hell, I am told that in Malaysia, Darwin's "On the Origin of the Species" is not available in Bahasa Melayu, although readily available in English. By the way, I came across an interesting phenomena during a recent visit to my kampung. Did you know that many young non-Malays are now learning to speak English? As most of young non-Malays in my kampung know that I prefer to speak English, many of them were taking the opportunity to practise their English with me. I was amazed by the age of those young non-Malays who had the courage to engage me using English - many were under 20 years old. Saul: Aiya MusaNg, how can Darwin's book be translated into Bahasa Melayu. How can orang Melayu be told they come from the Apes though quite a few behave like them. The ustaz would be unhappy and would have it banned in no time. God's representative in Malaysia would issue a fatwa to make it haram. God's chosen cannot come from the apes lah. Only people like you and I evolved from Apes and still evolving, the rest are stuck in a time warp, stagnant, IQ remains static with no improvement from day one. Even if some brave Intelligent Malay were to try translating it even at the risk of death, would he find the appropriate terms available or has he to use bastardised English? Again no true blue Malay would understand it, so back to square one, try to read in English and guess the meaning of the message! Mikey: Dear Shuman, do not underestimate Malaysia under Najib because: 1) We can sent a Malaysian into outer space and we are thinking of sending another in the near future. 2) We bought two submarines even though we do not need but because we can. 3) We bought a brand new jet even though we still have 6 at his disposal. 4) We are building a new financial exchange called TRX though some may mistake it for T-Rex (dinosaur) 5) We claim to have the best education system in the world 6) We claim to have the best democracy system in the world 7) We can get donation to the tune of RM2.6 billion while others only envy our PM. 8) Am sure some commentators can add to the list To Najib, the 1,000 medical graduates who quit to be doctors are just a storm in a teacup. He can always create something to accommodate them just like the bloated civil service and his PM’s Dept. Don't worry, the 47 % who voted BN will make those who vote Pakatan pay for his vote bank. Erica Lim: How in the world did they become medical graduate with such poor grasp of the English Language? Imagine a patient being killed accidentally due to poor understanding of the English Language. It may happen one day if we let the rot continues. Ultimately the one that is to be blame is the Bumno government of Malaysia which allows all this rot to happen (both in the medical field and the English Language) at the risk and expense of the health of Malaysians. Michel Wright: The lack of proficiency in English is the sole fault of our outdated and politically driven Education system. Mei Asm Props: That Achilles tendon had long been severed. And we've been limping ever since. Ca Koay: Our lembu minister confirmed that we have better English standard than Singapore, right? Johan L Ha: Muhyiddin contributed to this problem during his time as education minister. Fabian Law: Bet the ones who quit were the ones on scholarships. Brian Michael De Souza: This battle will never end. Why not just have English and BM medium schools. Period! Ab Jabbar Abdullah: ... and what was the A grade all about?! Purely studying to pass exams!? Azman Abdillah: Why do we only pick and fault the system? Isn't the person also culpable? ...CONTINUE NEXT

Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2015-11-15 12:54

supermix2

1,069 posts

Posted by supermix2 > 2015-11-15 12:18 | Report Abuse

..CONTINUED...

Frazer Alista: This is the cost we have to pay for having the flips flops in the system

Hulam Rasol: It’s all due to the Malay 'nationalists'

Kpo Junnie: All these thanks to the Education Ministry and selfish politicians.

Felix Leong: One generation sacrificed.

Clement Kok: Wonder how they could pass in the first place?!

Lee Chiew Fook: Did they want to be doctors to begin with?

Raymond Ang: Qualified toilet cleaners, Malaysia standard,

- Theantdaily.com

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=606713:smart-emperors-in-umno-will-make-sure-their-grassroots-stay-stupid-to-stay-in-power&Itemid=2#ixzz3rWx6fMHe
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

supermix2

1,069 posts

Posted by supermix2 > 2015-11-15 12:30 | Report Abuse

Even among the Malays, there are different class? OMG, can this be happening in Malaysia?

calvintaneng

54,912 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-11-15 12:54 | Report Abuse

English is THE LINGUA FRANCA Of Planet Earth for another 1,000 years. A thousand years ago it was Greek and Latin.

All cutting edge advancement of Science & Technology first acquired through the English medium. After that it is translated into other languages.

English will therefore, be THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY, for the Whole Wide World through the World Wide Web. Like a spider in the center of a web all knowledge, senses & movements are interconnected as one.

It was PM Lee Kuan Yew who foresaw the vital need for English as the Main Medium of Instruction for Singapore. With Mandarin as a 2nd language. He even unity the Cantonese, Hakka, Hokkien & other Chinese dialect into One Mandarin Medium.

As a Result FDI into Spore EXPLODED. And Spore has a double digit growth of Foreign Investments & Exports for the Next 50 years To Become World No. 1 Growth Story on Planet Earth.

Since Malaysia has chosen to travel the lesser Kampong Road (Away From The Information Highway) you can leapfrog the system.

How?

Migrate to JB in Iskandar. You live and work in Iskandar but send you children to Spore Schools daily through the JB Causeway or 2nd Link.

See how English has helped Enoch Tan to be so Super Intelligent - www.mindreality.com

Post a Comment
Market Buzz