Posted by Tobby > 2021-09-23 01:50 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by Jack Khan 2021-09-23 06:52

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-09-23 02:03 | Report Abuse

There's no doubt Covid pandemic has hurt alot of malaysians! Many in retail business sectors have been hit rather badly! Those with shops especially in malls may saw the end of their businesses! In fact some malls are in verge of total closure!
Don't even talk about pubs! After almost 2 years, there's no doubt the old ones will never saw the light of the day!
Recently government reveal what we all already suspected! Half of M40 may already slip into B40! What is very suprising is that we have yet seen any mega auctions of property or vehicles! That to me is so strange!
But there could be some explanation! Perhaps the older generation or wealthy parents bailout their children businesses rather that seeing them go bankrupt!
Local chinese have been out of the government for more than a decade! One must remember, Mca was not only a chinese party but also responsible for chinese institutions that we knew today! So during those very long history of walking in corridor of power, Mca leaders were very smart not to indulge in so called 2nd class citizens rather exploiting the gravy train of the day!
For the longest time, bursa was filled with Mca listed companies! And Mca was also the biggest recruiter of local chinese talents! Hence local chinese had never experience an era where they suffer in terms of employment especially in proffesional fields!
And that's why for the longest time 'chinese only' applicants were not seen as a racist thingy! But big thanks to Dap, we are now in totally different era!
Today, Mca cannot provide such opportunity! Today, may of , once cherished PLCs are taken over by Umno proxies! But that has stopped since Umno downfall in 2018!
Sadly, during Dap short 22 months in Putrajaya, they have created no such opportunity! Perhaps Dap leaders have no vision or talent of those Mca leaders!
And because of that, slowly, we are seeing the impact of playing with emotions but providing nothing in terms of business opportunities and strengthening of chinese institutions!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-09-23 02:05 | Report Abuse

As i see it, unless, Dap steps into what Mca has done in the past, which if focusing in harvesting government mega projects, all i can say is, local chinese presence as the once wealthy and powerful race becoming a distant memory!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-09-23 02:08 | Report Abuse

Give and take another 20 years, if Dap fail to copy what Mca has done in the past, i say good riddance! Playing with local chinese emotions may serve the political narrative for the middle class but even today, we already see half of local chinese middle class slipping away!
Again, i assume the wealthy parents had bailout their children! The 2nd assumption is that, their business have been front for the underworld which is very common!
But as for those related to Mca, those where the days! Mahathir is not around to help like in the old days!

gohkimhock

3,027 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2021-09-23 02:52 | Report Abuse

@Tobby this time I can 101% confirm you had too much beer..

semua salah DAP.

PH never really in power. They let Dr Mahathir did what he wanted..

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-09-23 02:57 | Report Abuse

Posted by gohkimhock > Sep 23, 2021 2:52 AM | Report Abuse

PH never really in power. They let Dr Mahathir did what he wanted..

Answer : Exactly! Minus Mca! Minus the fat mega projects for chinese tycoons!

Jack Khan

1,259 posts

Posted by Jack Khan > 2021-09-23 06:52 | Report Abuse

Stop dreaming! go explorer out of malaysia! nothing you can do to change the New Economy in malaysia since 1963.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz