Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-17 14:26 | Report Abuse

Entertainment!

Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-07-17 14:37

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-17 14:29 | Report Abuse

First of all, kadoos to the producer! Mat Kilau is indeed a box office success! They say it's equal to recent Hollywood movie, Avengers Endgame in term of sales! That's unheard of!
Anyway, i doubt i will ever watch it nor interested to watch it! This kind of genre just don't interest me at all! I am more into those post apocalyptic thingy!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-17 14:35 | Report Abuse

The thing is, if Mat Kilau was a flop, i think nobody will bother to comment about it!
But because it has achieved commercial success, we have this people coming out and cry that this malay movie purposely projecting that Sikh are aggressors! Dudes! This is just a movie! The purpose of movie is just giving a fake version of things!
So one must understand, movie is all about entertaining you! What's the point of producing a movie if you know you target audiences will feel bored and walk away!
I think the producer understand his target audience very well! Especially in malay centric environment today! Unfortunately, like many pro centric movies, you bound to offend some segment as well!
Example is the CNY movie, IP Man, which is super pro China! I mean, do japanese cry victim over it! No! Because, they know it's just a movie!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-17 14:37 | Report Abuse

My advise is, just let it go! Eventually nobody will remember this Mat Kilau movie! And nobody will remember all the fuss!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz