Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:25 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

14 comment(s). Last comment by DickyMe 2023-05-05 17:43

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:26 | Report Abuse

So yeah, Mahathir is flashing his 'tuan melayu' card again with Hadi as his PM in waiting if his coup succeed!
Unfortunately for Mahathir, his 'tuan melayu' card is already outdated! Today, we are witnessing much more conservative majority malays with even more bizarro 'islamic' values!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:29 | Report Abuse

Malaysia islamic values are similar to Indonesia! In fact Indonesia too moving towards more conservative muslims!
But unlike Indonesia, malays have yet tasted a world with no privy of oil export!
What we have now at the moment is Malaysia that still very much rely on oil exports! But for how long! Unfortunately, we would be running out of oil export 10 years from now! And even before that, oil exports will dwindle going forward!

gohkimhock

2,948 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2023-05-05 03:29 | Report Abuse

Thailand and Vietnam will move further ahead of us, that's for sure in the coming next 10 years..

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:32 | Report Abuse

We have yet to switch to other source of revenue! Palm oil exports is quite unstable! Today we get good price and the next price of palm oil drop! And even if price of palm oil shot up, we also face high cooking oil price domestically!
As for manufacturing, look, Africa and latin America is looking more and more attractive! Indonesia would be first choice if given the choice between Malaysia and Indonesia!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:33 | Report Abuse

As majority malays surpass 80% of the population, and the fact that local chinese are dwindling and most probably move elsewhere for better opportunity, we would see Kelantan situation all over Malaysia!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:35 | Report Abuse

Just look at Kelantan! Because that's how Malaysia will be in decades to come!
PM Anwar promises so much at the moment but without mega projects, Malaysia will be left high and dry if foreign investors opt for more well presented supply chain! And we dont' have that!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:37 | Report Abuse

Majority malays today are not the malays that we once knew! Many are too busy preparing for afterlife than to acquire skills and knowledge! In fact during Mohiden and Sabri administration, we saw huge drop in malays interest in science and technology! Many opt for religious studies nowadays! Why, because becoming fake holymen is big business!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:38 | Report Abuse

And given how Kelantan has turn out, that's exactly what we will see in the future! Malaysia will be just another islamic country backward in many ways!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:40 | Report Abuse

All this flashing of 'tuan melayu' is futile! I mean for a 100 year old former dictator, he is more interested to stay in politics than to see malays become better race!
And i say, malays today are not as good as malays in the past! They are turning inward! And once the oil export is gone, then the fairy tales funally break the comfort zone majority malays have enjoyed for so long!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 03:42 | Report Abuse

Perhaps, in the future we will see the whole stretch of our highways of malays selling nasi lemak just to survive another day! No, i am not joking! Since nowadays majority malays are sending their children to religious schools and to Arab universites to further their islamic knowledge rather than learn science!

DickyMe

14,368 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2023-05-05 12:25 | Report Abuse

The world is transitioning into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) revolution from Information Age. Even electric cars is at risk of becoming bust because Hydrogen powered vehicles are already in the making. Even educated people are at risk because the knowledge they have is becoming obsolete. The future does not guarantee a good future for those who are unprepared.

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 17:09 | Report Abuse

I won't place my bet on hydrogen cars! hydrogen power train only suited for public transportation and heavy haulers! For personal cars, hydrogen is way to expensive to maintain! That's why EV taking ICE in big way! Because of maintenance cost! Eventually charging time will go down! Maybe most of us will spend 10 minutes to charge up at paying chargers! Beside, how many travel 500km daily! Even edrivers can fully charge and enough for whole day work!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-05-05 17:11 | Report Abuse

I foresee big business for EV mechanics going forward! But how many malays are aware of this! As for local chinese, i think safe to say, you see mushrooming courses in near future!

DickyMe

14,368 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2023-05-05 17:43 | Report Abuse

Toyota already producing hydrogen powered cars and in 2020 version 2 is tested.
1) Equal in horsepower compared to traditional fossil fueled cars
2) Under 4 minutes to refuel
3) Mechanical parts, easily replaceable unlike EV where it is discarded adding to junk.
4) No toxic carbon emission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liX9KuSwkk

Post a Comment
Market Buzz