AmInvest Research Reports

Paramount Corporation - Attractive FY24F Dividend Yield of 7%

AmInvest
Publish date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024, 11:52 AM
AmInvest
0 8,750
An official blog in I3investor to publish research reports provided by AmInvest research team.

All materials published here are prepared by AmInvest. For latest offers on AmInvest trading products and news, please refer to: https://www.aminvest.com/eng/Pages/home.aspx

Tel: +603 2036 1800 / +603 2032 2888
Fax: +603 2031 5210
Email: enquiries@aminvest.com

Office Hours
Monday to Thursday: 8:45am – 5:45pm
Friday: 8:45am – 5:00pm
(GMT +08:00 Malaysia)

Investment Highlights

  • We maintain BUY on Paramount Corporation (Paramount) with a higher RNAV-based fair value (FV) of RM1.31/share (from RM1.12/share previously), based on a 45% discount to our rolled-forward RNAV-based valuation. We made no changes to our neutral ESG rating of 3-star .
  • The FV implies a FY25F P/E of 9x, at parity to the average of small-cap property stocks currently.
  • We make no changes to our earnings forecast as Paramount’s FY23 core net profit (CNP) of RM75mil came in within expectation. It was only 2% below our forecast and almost on the dot of street’s.
  • In FY23, the group’s CNP surged 66% YoY while revenue expanded 19% YoY. This was mainly contributed by stronger revenue growth of 18% YoY from property development on the back of higher property sales. Meanwhile, Paramount registered a stronger FY23 CNP margin of 7% vs. 5% in FY22 given greater savings from the finalisation of some project costings.
  • In FY23, Paramount has secured new sales of RM1.1bil (+2% YoY), attaining 93% of its earlier target of RM1.2bil . The key contributors to sales were Sejati Lakeside 2 (24%), The Atera (23%) and Utropolis Batu Kawan (16%).
  • Paramount’s FY23 launches of RM886mil (-27% YoY) accounted for only 83% of its earlier target of RM1.1bil.
  • For FY24F, management is setting a higher sales target of RM1.4bil (+25% vs. actual FY23 sales), supported by planned launches of RM2.4bil. The main launches are The Ashwood (32%) and phase 2 of The Atera (25%).
  • Meanwhile, the group’s unbilled sales decreased 5% QoQ to RM1.4bil, which represents a comfortable cover ratio of 1.3x of our FY25F revenue . Klang Valley made up 73% of unbilled sales with the remaining 27% from the northern region (Kedah and Penang).
  • The average take-up rate for ongoing projects as at 31 December 2023 improved to 81% vs. 78% as at 30 September 2023 given stronger sales from most of its projects, particularly Sejati Lakeside 2, The Atera and Paramount Palmera.
  • In FY23, the coworking division registered a PBT of RM2mil (vs. LBT of RM0.6mil in FY22) on the back of a revenue surge of 39% YoY. The improved revenue was driven by higher contributions across all Co-labs Coworking outlets and Scalable Malaysia.
  • QoQ, the group’s 4QFY23 CNP surged 65% while revenue grew 16%. The stronger result was primarily caused by higher contribution from the “investment & others” division in 4Q2023, stemming from higher interest income, recognition of gain from the disposal of the group’s 5% equity interest in its tertiary education associates and lower non-recurring expenses.
  • As at 31 December 2023, Paramount’s unsold inventory level rose 9% QoQ given a slight increase of completed inventories in Sejati Lakeside (RM4mil) and Bukit Banyan (RM2mil). 93% of its inventories are made up of commercial properties, the majority of which come from Sekitar 26 (57%), ATWater (18%) and Utropolis Batu Kawan (15%). Notably, half of the commercial spaces in Sekitar 26 are leased to Paramount's coworking arm while the commercial property under ATWater is currently utilised as its sales gallery.
  • Paramount is currently trading at an attractive FY25F P/E of 7x vs. a 4-year average of 8x. Meanwhile, its FY25F dividend yield is compelling at 7%.

Source: AmInvest Research - 29 Feb 2024

Related Stocks
Market Buzz
Discussions
Be the first to like this. Showing 0 of 0 comments

Post a Comment