Be the first to like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by aunloke 2012-04-13 09:16

fzank

1,537 posts

Posted by fzank > 2012-04-05 11:06 | Report Abuse

agreed with you, i find your trading strategy most sound & reliable, too bad there are not many that are like you, most of them make calls for fun (in Chinese, "sik bao fun, moh yeh chou") keep up the good work CP

fzank

1,537 posts

Posted by fzank > 2012-04-05 11:12 | Report Abuse

furthermore, these ppl only encourage to buy but NEVER advise to SELL (take profit) or CUT-LOSS, even stock down they would say "stay on, everything's ok, etc Don't panic & so on ... even lousy stocks they also call Buy Buy

Posted by colinlim50 > 2012-04-05 11:49 | Report Abuse

haha, true true

cpteh

374 posts

Posted by cpteh > 2012-04-05 13:22 | Report Abuse

Thanks fzank ... I will share more with those want to share and REAL in trading. We just ignore those majority who really so free to yak-around in many other forums. It is good to have such a platform to share as we still do have many REAL traders and investors around. Yes, SELL is as important, if not more important than buying. Also, it is only logical and advisable to go for some good trading stocks when it reaching some of our criteria to trade. Nothing is for sure, that is also why cut-loss is important if we do not plan to average down.

No such thing as right or wrong. We all have our own opinions in everything. Bottom line ... profit consistently, with ROI at least above 10%.

We do have many winning 'small' but one loss could whip-off the profits. Unless we have strategies, plans and have the knowledge(experiences too), we will continue to be drifting, believing in tips, sure-win softwares or those trading courses.

It shall take time ... and more time for newbies to get to a level where they understand finance-behaviourial. Until then, they will always be 'novices'. Hopefully by then, they won't stop 'investing'? Perhaps they could stop gambling/punting? Possible? I doubt so.

Happy trading, anyway.

Thanks for the encouragements.

TEH

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-04-06 11:55 | Report Abuse

cpteh: Good insight. And I totally agree with the fact that everyone has his/her own opinion on just about anything. The key here is to make our best effort to be open-minded and unemotional when listening to others' opinions. At the same time, we must be firm when we are sincerely convinced that we are `right'. Often, only time will tell.

Anyway, as to cutting losses - this is always a difficult call. It's also painful to later see that the cutting loss decision might turn out to be wrong. Well, what to do - no one knows the future.

chongkonghui

1,117 posts

Posted by chongkonghui > 2012-04-13 08:44 | Report Abuse

For SHCHAN, bought on 15.3.2012 at RM1.17 and it went down all the way to RM1.00 within 2 weeks, if I cut loss I really lose big time. Finally sold all with small gain.

I think "trading" is more like gambling. The big player actually use T3 or T4 timing to shake out those using 'cut loss' strategy or weak enough to hold a counter.

aunloke

974 posts

Posted by aunloke > 2012-04-13 09:16 | Report Abuse

Interestingly whenever there is a stock gaps up 1 or 2% with large vol. after a good write up from analyst ,the buyers always jump with excitement saying that ....is coming! Why very few people consider the sellers side, if it is so good , why they sell ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz