2 people like this.

27 comment(s). Last comment by ongtkong 2012-10-15 22:48

chongkonghui

1,117 posts

Posted by chongkonghui > 2012-10-10 09:39 | Report Abuse

Is OLDTOWN another story many being sucked into?

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-10 12:27 | Report Abuse

We need stories to push up stocks. We need runners to spread the news to ignorant public. We need to convince others about it. Once the whole herd believe in the stories, it is easier for the stocks to move. That is creating sentiment.

Genneva gold? Scam? Really? How bout stock market? Logical?

Teh

chongkonghui

1,117 posts

Posted by chongkonghui > 2012-10-10 14:08 | Report Abuse

In 2 weeks, AMEDIA down more than 55% from peak 1.15.... any logical explanation? Or just a rightful correction?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2012-10-10 14:21 | Report Abuse

"A friend of mine decided to get into the stock market and called his broker. “Buy me 10000 shares of Amedia.” And sure enough he bought and the price went up. He says, “This is great. I’m making money.” He picks up the phone three days later. “Buy me another 10000 shares.” The price goes up again. And this goes on for weeks and the price is mounting and he’s building a huge block of stock in his portfolio. My friend says, “You know, I have gotten to the point where I don’t want to be too greedy. I want to sell.” He picks up the phone, once again to call his broker. He says, “Jim, I’ve had enough. I want you take all my stock and sell it.” The broker responds, “To whom?”"

Kenny Foo

232 posts

Posted by Kenny Foo > 2012-10-10 14:35 | Report Abuse

there is nothing wrong in it. It is just part of the ACE Market stock trend. Learn from the lesson and check the ACE Market stock history.....

gijoe

37 posts

Posted by gijoe > 2012-10-10 23:37 | Report Abuse

Blog dated Thu, 4 October 2012 in i3

KLCI new high

you said

AMedia : This is one crazy ride ... I was chatting with my group, it dived to 0.70, quickly I grabbed 0.725 and parked 0.78 ... then chat with them and they told me, CP ... your 5kunits at 0.78 done! Arghh ... oh no, it went above 0.80 ... count-down ... 0.85 ... 0.90 ... shoot me!! I gained enough for dinners tmr. That is stupid punting, I admit. When I was chatting with them, it was at 0.73 levels, ok? Haha ... now, it is at 0.87.

The above blog

you said

Finally, everyone in the market talks about AMedia. I do not buy into her as it is in ACE-market.

You mind explain as i am learning ?

gijoe

37 posts

Posted by gijoe > 2012-10-11 00:02 | Report Abuse

"That is stupid punting, I admit." - you admitted. logical ? scam ?

Posted by mushroomtrader > 2012-10-11 00:07 | Report Abuse

gijoe= this is what i call SS..

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-11 00:46 | Report Abuse

Hi

I do not buy when it went higher and high tho my groups talking about it. I did punt when it dived to 0.70 rebounded to 0.725, sold too early at 0.78.

That was crazy. If you see such opportunities, will u grab? It went to 0.90 day.

Now, technical rebound in play. I will not advise anyone to catch a knife. It is an interesting case study, indeed.

I do not owe anyone any explainations, but u asked in good manner.

Night

TEH

Ben Gan

107 posts

Posted by Ben Gan > 2012-10-13 19:56 | Report Abuse

Obviously the big boys are at work at AMedia. That the stock plummeted immediately after bullish news such as bonus issue, free warrants and going to the main board, is a clear testimony to that.

Traders who follow sound trading principles should have gotten out of their position at around RM1 when the downside breakout occurred on the Oct 3, 12. Those who bought at above RM1 and averaged down are the ones who really got slaughtered.
Pity them!

The Securities Commission (SC) would be failing in its duty if it fails to investigate into all the selling. If there were manipulation and insider trading, those who made millions at the expense of others should be punished.

SC should do everything to protect the naive and the ignorant.

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-14 13:58 | Report Abuse

Dear Ben

Glad u read and reponse here, sir.

Yes, it is obvious the moment the rumours out that it will be moved to main board. Then, someone started to 'promote' it. I do got the alert around 60cents. It is a ACE-counter, I do not like such counters but we all know the market operators involving. SC? Well, even with UMA ... it still ignored and moved higher.

Yes, traders would have cut-off when the support broken. We DO NOT avarage downm certainly not for such stocks. Heck, people telling me about their good profits and good FA(remind me of RA, an accountant told me she is a good FA stock!! I was like ... wat? haha).

No one could tell how low AMedia could go ... these stocks could not be traded using TA, but those hardcore TA kakis will try to convince us with those technical signs that is is reaching the bottom.

With bonus 1:1, it will be adjusted and more rooms for some goreng-ing. And the warrants? We shall watch.

General rule in trading, take a trade with a trading-plan. Be discipline enough to carry out our plan!!

My sharing will be simple : Do not trade what you don't know. Ignore noises.

Thanks again, Ben. I do like your wisdom too.

TEH

fatty_tang

296 posts

Posted by fatty_tang > 2012-10-14 14:03 | Report Abuse

^ anyone understand a thing what he is trying to say? besides the last sentence.

gijoe

37 posts

Posted by gijoe > 2012-10-14 15:53 | Report Abuse

No offense, confuse and conflict.

Teaching like i am smoking and I ask you not to smoke. Someone teaching TA no confident to use TA to trade too.

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-14 23:03 | Report Abuse

HI gijoe

I think u mean good. So, i will reply a little.

first of all, MANY mis-understood TA very much way off. TA could not be applied to MANY stocks in KLSE. So, we placed CRITERIA and CONDITIONS for trading using TA. TA alone will NOT work, and AMedia failed MANY of my conditions for even trade her. It is too speculative, in short. But can I trade her now. Yes, there are opportunities for punters(experienced one) to move in as many more losing money. So, we follow the the movements of so-called syndicates, then we could be able to trade her. The risk is too high ... and trust me, if u REALLY an experienced traders in KLSE, you will know TA will not work. Those using TA for such stocks, u need to ask them honestly if they take the trade?

I do trade with TA for my stocks and satisfied conditions very well. Thanks you. But, that needs beyond TA ... again, perhaps you need to ask more experienced ones. Learning TA will help a lot ... but NO ONE could time market, giving an edge is what we are looking for.

I am not against those trading using TA. But, we need to know when it works, and when it doesnt. We have to accept reality.

If TA works well, then many traders learning those TA must be profitting well? ASK them honestly, if they want to be honest.

So, are you personally using FA or TA or mixed of them? Or perhaps just buy simply because it is 'hot' or someone told u so?

Be honest, be real. Then ... be in markets for 5-10years. Be there to learn ... then, u tell me when TA could works well, when it doesnt.

Thanks for pointing out. I am not a technical person. ALL in my groups knew about it as I am being honest with them.

TEH

fatty_tang

296 posts

Posted by fatty_tang > 2012-10-14 23:23 | Report Abuse

Let me summarise cp wise words for u guys
1. TA will not work
2. I do use TA to trade
3. U go ask experts whether TA will work or not
4. U ask me whether TA will work, I ask u to tell me back TA will work or not

Winny

39 posts

Posted by Winny > 2012-10-15 00:03 | Report Abuse

TA will not work in falling stocks,it will work in good market conditions only.

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-10-15 00:16 | Report Abuse

winny, in the last two weeks you would say market condition good fair bad ? to me its good. for amedia, TA don't work at all irrespective of market condition.it is now called speculative sticks. otherwise many here would not say try, park low, hope for re bound etc

Winny

39 posts

Posted by Winny > 2012-10-15 00:30 | Report Abuse

To me,last 2 weeks market only so so becos prices of many counters didnt move and dropping counters were most of the days more than rising ones.
Afa Amedia is concerned,i think its tail end dropping becos further droppings will drive publics confidence away,thus when synds playing up there will be no support.
Moreoverthe CEO may mean something when he said the drop is temporary..he needs to pop up the price with year end coming due to meetingvup with collaterals with the banks which i think should be very much higher.
Hope my assumption is meaningful,tho i m not expert,just my 2 sen worth.
Good luck to all holding Amedia,actually a good financial earning counter,worth buying now for keeps.

Winny

39 posts

Posted by Winny > 2012-10-15 00:37 | Report Abuse

Ben Gan is right in saying the SC should conduct investigation into the selling down to protect the naive and the ignorant.
Let us all write to SC to do what Ben suggested..it will respond unless the SC staff also had a hand in the play.,hopefully not.

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-15 00:51 | Report Abuse

Hi Fatty

U do not understand. It is ok. Why change nick?

TEH

berid

465 posts

Posted by berid > 2012-10-15 01:44 | Report Abuse

Funny reading this.. but i like.. please continue as i am enjoying.. =D
as TA "practicer", i would love to add on..
if you find TA is not working to you in a swing market, means that is something wrong with ur skills and knowledge.. excluded(external factor especially world crisis, bankruptcy)

correction to tonylim: amedia= you can find signal before the free fall.. i even posted about AMEDIA, 1-2 days before it fall..

Just dont misguided newbies about TA.. All the best..

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-15 07:00 | Report Abuse

Hi

Yes, we could find signals using TA to check before it falls. That I do agree.

Thanks

Teh

Posted by transformer123 > 2012-10-15 07:14 | Report Abuse

CP Teh: how about JCY? Any comment on it?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2012-10-15 12:43 | Report Abuse

Just to share with you what John Bogle said below:
“In 30 years in this business, I do not know anybody who has done it successfully and consistently, nor anybody who knows anybody who has done it successfully and consistently. Indeed, my impression is that trying to do the market timing is likely, not only not to add value to your investment programme, but to be counterproductive.”
John Bogle on market timing

TA followers, don.t hantam me ah. This is what John Bogle said, I just agree with him only.

Posted by alwinsywd0520 > 2012-10-15 22:19 | Report Abuse

i'm new ppl is share market. can iask this share can buy or not ??? got high risk will drop??? tq

berid

465 posts

Posted by berid > 2012-10-15 22:37 | Report Abuse

we have hundred of counter, yet to pick this one.. surely u r looking forward to pay tuition fee.. good luck..

ongtkong

456 posts

Posted by ongtkong > 2012-10-15 22:48 | Report Abuse

alwinsywd0520, it is better to avoid this stock. You are hoping for a rebound. It might be possible but the risk is still there. It has been a falling knife for the past 2 weeks and many people were injured.

Other stocks that had suffered the same fate include INGENCO, CYBERT, TADMAX, JCY.

Take a look at their historical charts. If you decide to punt Amedia, play play will do. Good luck.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz