3 people like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by CP Teh 2012-10-28 23:26

Posted by lotsofmoney > 2012-10-25 13:49 | Report Abuse

What you mean is life time.

CP Teh

5 posts

Posted by CP Teh > 2012-10-27 19:12 | Report Abuse

yes, that I agree .. making the newbie to understand that it will takes years to build good foundations in understanding markets.

Thanks.

reyes430

204 posts

Posted by reyes430 > 2012-10-27 19:29 | Report Abuse

Hi Cp Teh,I am a newbie who involved into the market for less than half a year. I always found the market interesting but cant manage to make up my mind to put much commitments until not long ago.I agree with you on what you said and wish to join your group to learn and accumulate knowledge. It would be great to have a senior to help around especially for newbie and i felt really appreciated of it. Thanks!

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-10-27 22:57 | Report Abuse

Hi Reyes

Please email me.

Thanks

Teh

Posted by sneha kutty > 2012-10-28 18:01 | Report Abuse

Hi CP Teh,

Can u include me too. I have been gambling in stock market for a long time. I intend to take up investment and would appreciate if you can provide me some guide. snehakutty86@gmail.com

Thanks

investor77

741 posts

Posted by investor77 > 2012-10-28 22:49 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr Teh,

Stock market always fluid, and difficult to predict, agree?
Have been reading your blog and your suggestions are mostly accurate, except for a few stocks.

What is your advice for a regular khaki who still lose around 10% of his portfolio and hope to recover it back? Most of the shares were bought based on TA and FA when they are low, but some never recover and remain low, e.g. YTL-p, Fajar, RCE, etc.

Lately, some analyst were pointing out the present market charts look like in 1997, 2008, before market turns down.

Please comment on the above.

CP Teh

5 posts

Posted by CP Teh > 2012-10-28 23:26 | Report Abuse

HI Investor77

Yes, of coz we do know market is fluid, dynamic and nothing stays the same, fundamentally and technically. So, it is near impossible to predict the directions in short period of time.

Thanks for reading my blah-blah blog which I managed to irritate some, somehow. I do not place much analysis there these days but more fore learning purposes, if I have the time ... I will definite like to share, for more newbies to learn. I could understand as I was newbies too some 5 years ago.

Soem of us buy for a reason, may it be for fundamental or technical. Majority buying stocks without any reasons. Perhaps, reading some blogs, forums, broker reports, remisiers, friends ... so, for such cases it will be very difficult to point out as we do not know why they bought into some stocks. If the reasons no longer valid, we SHOULD sell.

For example : YTLPower was a good stock, a good dividend player too but the fundamentals of the stock has changed. Tho it is still sitting on huge piles of cash, many investors(long term) cashed out when they said NO to 'YES'. Then, with the IPP issues ... that could paint greater fear in counter. Hence, it is only logical for fundamentalist to view that as risk, and perhaps considering YTL instead as it would be a good dividend player.

I no longer read much these days, so I am not aware of the recent developments of Fajar or RCE. What is important would be the decisions made BEFORE anyone buying any stocks. Based on what we are buying a stock, why and at what level? If our reasons fail, then we should be discipline to exit. Capital preservation is very important point to share as we do not have limitless bullets.

Whether KLCI is reaching the peak of a cliff, I don't know. What I do know is ... NOTHING much is cheap in market. This is a trader-market and investors may have another 1-3 months to hold on to. Otherwise, exit. With high PER in many of so-called blue chips, it is a matter of time market will re-value itself. It is just natural and that is how market works, anyway.

You call, please.

The above are merely my spontaneous response without much thoughts into it. So, please DO NOT take my opinions as any valid reasonings for anyone's decision making. Please ask those know-how.

Night

TEH

p/s : I do rate 70-80% accuracy as very good. We need to be consistent with what we are doing, learning and sharing.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz