stock5678

531 posts

Posted by stock5678 > 2013-01-21 11:06 | Report Abuse

ya. lagi pun, mana kamu dapat berita itu? tak nampak berita pun

fatty_tang

296 posts

Posted by fatty_tang > 2013-01-21 11:11 | Report Abuse

this news is from PKR/DAP

insider news from UMNO they said. regardless of whether this is true or not, election should be around the corner already

Posted by necro > 2013-01-21 11:16 | Report Abuse

TGU BERITA MALAM NI YER..
SIT TIGHT..

stock5678

531 posts

Posted by stock5678 > 2013-01-21 11:25 | Report Abuse

which counter to buy now?

Posted by necro > 2013-01-21 11:27 | Report Abuse

TAH XTAW...
27 POINT KOWT DOWN!!!

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-01-21 11:33 | Report Abuse

heard election news circulating from UMNO people already. dunno how true that is! yesterday some friends said get ready for buying opportunity from this panic! :)

fatty_tang

296 posts

Posted by fatty_tang > 2013-01-21 11:36 | Report Abuse

bro necro, mana u dapat berita?

zack_liza

1,560 posts

Posted by zack_liza > 2013-01-21 11:43 | Report Abuse

try buy
1)alam RM0.80 and below
2)Astro RM2.80 and Below
3)MISC RM4.20 and below
4)Mediac RM1.15 and Below
5)Maybulk RM1.40 and Below
6)Kulim RM3.70 and Below
7)SKPETRO RM2.80 And Below
8)IHH RM3.30 and Below
9)DRB Hicom RM2.50 And Below
10)Dlady RM42.00 and Below.

Posted by necro > 2013-01-21 11:45 | Report Abuse

ADA LAA...

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2013-01-21 15:40 | Report Abuse

me. hahaha bought inari and power roots , hahaha!

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2013-01-21 15:54 | Report Abuse

because of the my bad experience at oldtown restaurant, i think i would never go to oldtown restaurant again.. unless there is improvement and recommendation from friends.. haha.. :D

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2013-01-21 16:02 | Report Abuse

sometime.. i still buy the orginal oldtown instant white coffee, but the restaurant is a big no to me. :D

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-01-21 19:35 | Report Abuse

TKW,
I am only human. When the market panics, My emotion also affected, no matter what I used to say things like "Be greedy when others are fearful". I actually clicked on Kfima to buy at 1.89, but didn't click the last click to "confirm". Scared also. Who knows the market may go further down. Maybe see what OTB says first.
But if one is not closed to fully invested yet, I think the above maxim by Warren Buffet should be followed.

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-01-21 19:42 | Report Abuse

sometimes being able to calculate and being brave (or rather, to put it in better words, taking the risk) are two different things, TKW. I know where kcchongnz is coming from!

my sis-in-law doesn't have that problem if she knows the value of the stock. Me sometimes still want bottom fishing! :)

talk2pkc

2,298 posts

Posted by talk2pkc > 2013-01-21 19:48 | Report Abuse

4sure regardless what might or might not happen or changes , water will always find its level ........ meaning one man gain is another man loss !!! Yes 4time being not gd 4 contra players but excellent opportunity for serious investors to do selective buying , ma !! ;)

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-01-21 20:54 | Report Abuse

I bought 10,000 Kfima at 1.95. I queued it for sometimes.

I am still under invest, may consider to buy again later if KLSE will not break below 1,600.

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-01-21 21:02 | Report Abuse

I also bought 10,000 Kimlun at 1.47.

talk2pkc

2,298 posts

Posted by talk2pkc > 2013-01-21 21:19 | Report Abuse

Tan KW , I don't let election b a concerned other than opportunity , I think !!! In brief, my portfolio break into 4 corners (group) = Long term 4my pension; Medium term for yield; Short term for Cash flow and Instant (contra) for weekend spending , ha ha Avg my portfolio is around 55 counters n part of it come & goes , lah .....

KAHFIEHLAI

677 posts

Posted by KAHFIEHLAI > 2013-01-21 21:20 | Report Abuse

@Kcchongnz
What about u...collect any stocks?
Nothing to scared!
1. BN win...Things as usual before GE..except "Kwok-Cool" (mandarin) hole besar sikit.
2. PKR win.. Good things like PKR Selangor & Pinang..Huge FDI..don't u think better & brighter shares market.
3. Lastly.. I can foresee the soon to be unlimited opprotunity in our stock market esp. foreigner investors..small & big will be more favourite to the new LOOK.
4. Lastly again..Pak see ball chow will be the WINNER

hahahah

KAHFIEHLAI

677 posts

Posted by KAHFIEHLAI > 2013-01-21 21:21 | Report Abuse

Talk2pkc
would u mind to share u portfolio??

thanks

talk2pkc

2,298 posts

Posted by talk2pkc > 2013-01-21 21:29 | Report Abuse

Story of my life .... ha ha Need alot of M & A Gods , mahh , just like `'`KASSETS" shares for my 3rd , with my sunglasses got in 0.10 n sang Stevie Wonder songs for few hours , M & A gods couldnt stand my Karoke n here come 0.12 , made 20% profit while panic in market in selling ................ pure pure luck in this occasion lay

ispy2

74 posts

Posted by ispy2 > 2013-01-21 21:35 | Report Abuse

buy ekuinas stock this week.for penny stock, watch it's warrant or call
warrant. usually, the market momentum is heat up ahead of CNY. next week
the boat is cruise faster.True or not?

joseph hii

339 posts

Posted by joseph hii > 2013-01-21 21:50 | Report Abuse

i buy kfirma at price 1.98

Posted by tonylim > 2013-01-21 22:03 | Report Abuse

joseph, you bought morning or evening session?

ispy2

74 posts

Posted by ispy2 > 2013-01-21 22:04 | Report Abuse

seg-WA or logistic counter.

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-01-21 22:04 | Report Abuse

KAHFIEHLAI, My view i exactly like yours. Who doesn't know election is any time around the corner? Why now only panic selling bcause of election coming? I agree with Kahfiehlai that the outcome of the election would not adversely affect the share market. What is wrong if Pakatan win? Can't you see the states of Penang and Selangor are doing better than when under BN? Perak would hav done better too if not of the forced takeover. Let me put forward a wild proposition below.
Big boys are capitalzing the fear factor inherent in the hearts of small retail investors. They deliberately pushed down the share market so that they can collect bargains and then sell to the retail investors after the general election at much higher prices, when the uncertinties are behind us. If not how can they make money? Anyone?

ispy2

74 posts

Posted by ispy2 > 2013-01-21 22:14 | Report Abuse

political obses is mind blowing experience.keep out of this forum.

Posted by tomdickharry > 2013-01-21 22:15 | Report Abuse

@kcchongnz: do agree with you but i think most retailers are cutting losses now & intend to buy back at lower price. they also wanna benefit by collecting at bargain prices by taking advantage on the big boys effort to push the price down :)

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-01-21 22:17 | Report Abuse

KAHFIEHLAI, yeah, I will follow OTB to buy some stocks tomorrow morning. I already have too much Kfima in my portfolio. So I think I will buy some Kimlun. Pang Tin has been buying Kimlun. I have said many times when insiders buy their stocks, there is only one reason; that they think their stock is undervalued. And who knows better then the insiders about their company? Oh maybe I may buy back some other shares like Johore Tin, Scintex, or maybe SP Setia?

Posted by Joshua Lee > 2013-01-22 11:39 | Report Abuse

So has anyone bought anything today? Sometimes it's really strange that people or funds decide to "suddenly" react to the election news. As for myself, I nibbled a bit of DLADY today.

JASON80

1,027 posts

Posted by JASON80 > 2013-01-22 11:40 | Report Abuse

no.. i selling n stay sideway till jun. not going taking risk

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2013-01-23 15:56 | Report Abuse

If we are using TA should we not be buying KFIMA around gap1.82-1.80 or around horizontal support 1.76 provided there are bullish reversal candles
To me breaking 1.76 would be very bearish for KFIMA as chart looks like a potential head and shoulders to me
Hence KFIMA must defend 1.76. My views only . Welcome your enlightenment.

atuck

Posted by atuck > 2013-01-23 21:33 | Report Abuse

sorry for not in line with the theme / topic here.

may i know where to find the financial highlight for all listed company? (past 3 or 5 year)

try to locate this info for IVORY but failed.. any1 know??

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-01-23 22:13 | Report Abuse

Dear 1n1792,

Buy at 1.89, cut loss at 1.73.

I do not see any head and shoulder formation.

Price falls below 1.76 is a bad sign for this stock because the trend has changed from uptrend to downtrend. Should cut loss and buy back later when buy signal comes back again.

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2013-01-23 22:27 | Report Abuse

please cut loss at 1.73.. so that fat cat and others can buy at that price ^.^

anyway.. i highly doubt kfima will fall to 1.73 in the near future.. good nite. ^.^

KAHFIEHLAI

677 posts

Posted by KAHFIEHLAI > 2013-01-23 23:36 | Report Abuse

Dear Kcchongnz
Sorry need u view on WCT-wd & Skpress-w. (just to have double bonus to boom myself.Thanks

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-01-24 00:05 | Report Abuse

KAHFIEHLI, At today's closing price o WCT and Wd at 2.8 and 30 sen, my opinion is that Wd, with 5 mor years to expire is worth to invest. Its premium of 11.8% for a Amerian style option expiring in 5 years time is undemanding. Moreover the implid volatility of 15% is below the historical volatility of WCT (try google about historical and implied volatility for options if you don' know what I am talkig about). Moreover it has a nice gearing of 7.3 times. As for SKPRes warrant, I think it is better to buy the mother share, jsut that the major shareholder has been selling which may depress its share price in the short term. My opinion on its warrants as follow:

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > Dec 27, 2012 06:24 PM
“I found that SKPRES-WA at 0.07 or 0.075 is a better buy if compared against mother share SKPres. It is a new warrant, maturing in 2017.”

My reply
Ooi, why do you say so? Just because it is a new warrant and at a lower price? I hope you don’t mind me saying that this is a gross misconception. With an exercise price of 45 sen, the warrant is out-of-money at 7.5 sen while the underlying share price is only 35.5 sen. It has no intrinsic value and all its value is derived from the time it has before expiry in about 4.5 years time. However this time value is very small at about 2.1 sen only compared to its price of 7.5 sen. This is estimated using Black-Schole Option Pricing, using an estimated historical volatility of SKPRes of 25% (You can actually get its actual historical volatility from its past prices). The killer being the high dividend yield of SKPRes at 7.2%. As you know high dividend yield of underlying share hurts warrant holders as they don’t enjoy it. Of course the option pricing, though it is a Nobel prize winner can be wrong, and the assumption of volatility can also be wrong. I personally think it is just theoretical and can be far from reality. But if you look at the premium of the warrant traded at 48% [(7.5+45)/35.5-1], I don’t need option pricing to determine that this warrant is indeed way overpriced, also taking into consideration of its high dividend yield. The high gearing of 4.7 times may be good for punting, but the odds are against you. I don’t punt if I do not have positive expected outcome. Agree, Ooi?
27/12/2012 19:43

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2013-01-24 14:15 | Report Abuse

Kccchong
I agree on your view of not panicking if you are holding fundamentally strong counters. But if you check back history, the market corrects quite a bit once election is announced. Why not play safe and wait . Sorry , just a thought bcos I am a very 'chicken' investor.

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2013-01-24 14:16 | Report Abuse

By the way anyone has any views re Ivory

KAHFIEHLAI

677 posts

Posted by KAHFIEHLAI > 2013-01-24 21:05 | Report Abuse

Tks alot kcchongnz

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-01-24 22:00 | Report Abuse

1n1792, you may be right about the correction once general election is announcd. Actually those who are risk averse should probably lighten their portfolio so that you can sleep well, right now. Risk averse is not really chicke, but playing safe which is a good treat in investment. But the problem is that I find it very hard to predict macro economic and political situations, and how it will affect the capital market. I believe most people, including most fund managers have been holding a lot of cash even more than a year ago, anticipating cheap sale when the general election comes. And what happened? Last year KLSE gone up by 10.3%. Coupled with the dividend yield of say 3%, the return of the market is a nice 13+%. Those people and institution holding cash would have missed out this nice return. Now who doesn't know the general election is anytime around the corner now? Why people only liquidate thier position after the announcement of the GE? Wouldn't have this event reflected in the market? I don't really know. But I know a true value investor would not let this temporary event affects their long-term goal. Why buy the stock in the first place? For me it is because it has growth potential, good earnings and operating efficiencies, and most of all it presents a high margin of safety investing in it. Why then sell when it drops 10 sen, or 20 sen? For fundamental investors, if price drops and fundamentals are intact, they won't sell because they have given up predicting the market. They will only sell if the share price has risen up to or near to its intrinsic value. That is also my mjor difference in opinion with OTB that if Kfima drops below 1.76, its so-called cut-loss point, I won't sell. I would probably buy more. I am not saying I am right, others are wrong ok? It is just a difference in investment strategy.

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-01-24 22:55 | Report Abuse

Please note that Kcchongnz is using FA and I am using TA to trade. It is totally different strategy. I am very impressed with Kcchongnz, to me he is very good in FA. The reason I will sell because I am using "short" strategy. I will buy back at a lower price to make a profit.

There is no right or wrong in stock market. You have to decide what strategy you want to adopt. Always remember, we do not care it is black or white cat, can catch a rat is a good cat.

Final decision is yours.

All valued members should be happy to learn two different school of thought to trade in stock market. FA is better or TA is better ? I do not know. Anyway, I try to learn FA, I will attend a FA course in March 2013, I hope I can be a successful investor like Kcchongnz and also a successful trader.

talk2pkc

2,298 posts

Posted by talk2pkc > 2013-01-24 23:04 | Report Abuse

My years of experience tells me u need both FA & TA , just like Ins Actuary is excellent in assessing risk based on historical data but very often they got it wrong , simple bcos they don't talk to the outside world to find out the latest "weather" condition , mahh ...... hence, u need both FA & TA plus alot of logical thinking , so far it works for me for many years !! I think , ha ha

KAHFIEHLAI

677 posts

Posted by KAHFIEHLAI > 2013-01-24 23:33 | Report Abuse

talk2
i am junior investor. but i start to learn invest base on FD first, then apply TA to decide the trading time... u think good strategy?

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-01-24 23:51 | Report Abuse

i think perdana is up established

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2013-01-25 00:42 | Report Abuse

Kcchong
Thanks so much for explanation. I admire your FA skills and look forward to your sharing. Both your and Kcloh FA skills couple with with Purebull and Ooi Teik Bee TA skills would make trading much better for me in the future.
I look forward to the next trade. And diligently screening all your postings.

buybackma

790 posts

Posted by buybackma > 2013-01-29 14:23 | Report Abuse

Change govt? haha think these ; this was the govt that gave you educations fr secondary to primary to university. This was the govt. that create peacefully and freedom to this country in order for you to get good educations. This was the govt that fulfil your grandparents and parents dream after Merdeka either to be a professional or businessman. This was the govt that created your family's wealth. How? Do you think your family can get the wealth when this govt and this country is not stable in terms of economy and politics? listen listen listen.. whoever rules this country will involve with cronysm, open your eyes ma! let's say you hold good positions in politics i'm very sure you will help your family first ma and that is known to everybody here...smiles..

ledzepp

372 posts

Posted by ledzepp > 2013-01-29 14:50 | Report Abuse

buybackma- well said. I am truly grateful with whatever I've got

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-02-15 19:53 |

11,023 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-02-15 20:22 | Report Abuse

People are master, government is the servant to master. Those people who support opposition does not mean that they are not grateful to our beloved Malaysia. They have the choice of the government they want.

We do not care whether it is white or black cat, can catch a rat is a good cat. We can choose the best government we want in our opinion, be it BN or PR.

Please have the democratic concept right, support opposition or ruling party is our choice, it is not the matter of grateful to government.

People are master but not the government ... I repeat.