1 person likes this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by bsngpg 2013-10-09 13:17

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-09 07:25 | Report Abuse

Hi KC Chong:
1) Have you read this book or the above introduction? I am very curious to peek into your thought on Value Investor vs. Growth Investor as shown on Figures 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4.

2) I like Figure 4.2, the basket of “too tough to understand”, that may explain why I do not have any oil-gas related counters even though they are the hottest in Bursa most of the time. However, even though I agree with the classification of Tech in that basket, I still took risk on GTronic(lucky) and Notion(in jail). After today, I will try to avoid Tech.

3) I like the quote “After all, you can’t teach old dogs(myself) and stubborn dogs(those like to critic without base) new tricks, heh!”.

Without your postings, i3 is much less interesting, to me, at least.

Thanks and missing your postings.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-10-09 08:53 | Report Abuse

bsngpg, regarding your post above. Here are my views:

1) I haven't read about this book. I have read the following American books and would like to recommend to you.
(a) Common stocks and uncommon profit by Philip fisher
(b) One Up Wall Street by Peter Lynch
(c) Value Investing by James Montier
(d) The 5 Rules by Pat Dorsey
(e) ValueGrowth by Glen Arnold
(f) A investment book by Vitality Katsenelson
(g) A behavioral finance book Outsmarting smart money by Lawrence A. Cunningham
(h) Jeremy Siegel: Stocks for the Long Run

Regarding my thought about value and growth investing, may be you should refer to this thread.

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/900225467.jsp?ftp=1

2) The most important qualitative factor Buffet emphasizes is staying within one’s own circle of competence.

3) Sometimes people think learning new things is too tough and just refuse to learn. However in investing, it is not really that hard if you want to take the trouble. You just need some high school maths and most of all common sense.

However, I am of the opinion that you are already well equipped in investing knowledge and temperament.

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2013-10-09 10:24 | Report Abuse

For begginers of value investing, this book is entertaining to read and very useful:

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/900314919.jsp

it's being sold in Popular bookstores now for only RM20 (hardcopy!) Go get it fast.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-09 13:17 | Report Abuse

Thank you for your comment and info. The nice picture softens the hard topic, hope to see the nice picture popping up more frequent.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz