Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by Kukuman 2014-03-27 20:17

Posted by valueinvestor > 2014-03-27 12:28 | Report Abuse

The agreement signed one year ago does not hold water anymore??
If the land value has dropped significantly instead after one year, can Tropicana ask for full refund of the amount paid so far??

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-03-27 13:38 | Report Abuse

Is there a provision in the sale and purchase agreement for tropicana to expedite payment in the event of disposal ? Otherwise it would be another case of state government disrespecting the sanctity of contract (after puncak niaga case)

Who dare to do deals with the state government n the future ?

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2014-03-27 20:17 | Report Abuse

If i am the landowner, i certainly put in special clause in the land agreement to protect my interest since you are not paying me 100% but over 20 years. In this case, selangor state is the landowner. If this agreement is signed by the previous government, then very likely this special clause wont be in or purposely forgotten. But khalid has been very steadfast about transparency and good governance. He immediately announce this when tropicana annouced their land sale to third party. I can safely say that if this current government is still the previous one, their MB will not make such annoucement atleast not until backdoor deal has been negotiated.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz