ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2014-10-18 23:21 | Report Abuse

Quote: 7) Our research shows that proportion of income paid as GST for:
a. Lowest income households (earning RM 605 per month) is 1.71%
b. Middle income households (earning RM 2,580 per month) is 2.01%
c. Highest income households (earning RM 31,850 per month) is 0.96%

How accurate is your research?
Don't talk about tax reduction , BR1M etc, Budget stated GST itself amount to 29B annualized for 2015. This works out to be 1000 per citizen, including the new born.
I really doubt the integrity of your research. Please note, fail one fail all!

ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2014-10-19 00:15 | Report Abuse

Are you sure middle-class income is defined by any authority? By your definition, middle-class income will never buy you middle-class lifestyle.

For one to have Middle-class lifestyle, he should be able to get married. The family can have at least two children. The wife may stay home to mind the kids and not facing financial hardship. Family should able to get a decent dwelling, be it an apartment or a house (note: not low cost flat). Decent mode of transport. Having decent food and recreation. Able to send children to kindergarten/ tuition without have to think twice.

With the amount of income as defined in your "research", I doubt your middle-class income group is able to live a middle-class income lifestyle. If cannot, meaning that they are not in the middle-class income category.

More realistic figure will be:
For towns like Ipoh, Alor Star, Seremban, Muar, Batu Pahat, Kota Baru, Kuantan
Single income - 8k per month. Double income - 10k per month
For KL, Klang Valley, Penang Island, JB, KK
Single income - 10k per month. Double income - 12k per month

ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2014-10-19 13:37 | Report Abuse

Who are the worst hit?
Worker with 1k salary?
Worker wih 5k salary?
Worker with 10k salary?
Worker with 20k salary?
Worker with 50k salary?
All are nonsense!
Your so called "research findings" all rubbish!

Victims suffered most because of GST are:
Old men who are no more working but depend on children's support.
Those retired and surviving with EPF money.
Old retired government pensioner.
Please take note the "income" of these people won't grow, unlike those who are still working.
For the workers, employers must see that their workers earn enough to survive. This will start another vicious cycle of inflation.

btlooi

23 posts

Posted by btlooi > 2014-10-19 23:09 | Report Abuse

why not you just publish another full and detail research ? by barking at people finding wont make you look intelligence either.

ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2014-10-20 09:40 | Report Abuse

Research findings must be able to stand scrutiny and testing. Criticism in another way is to test your hypothesis and you should be able to defend you theory.
I am not a researcher. You and me may find so called research findings are way out of real life scenario. Please check with https://my.news.yahoo.com/does-mean-middle-class-malaysia-222800802.html

wies

35 posts

Posted by wies > 2014-10-20 13:00 | Report Abuse

kc55 The research conclusion is that GST is a regressive tax. Meaning its great if you are rich and bad if you are in the middle. The crux of the research is about regressive tax bad for the common folk not definition of middle class. The middle class classification they use is based on Bank Negara so as to demonstrate credibility and not figures pluck from the air. It does not claim nor justify that is the standard definition of middle class. Its research conclusion is basically critical of GST.

tonywong8

466 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-10-20 15:11 | Report Abuse

Based on the report, year 2015 has only 9 months into GST and able to collect RM 21.7 billion. If base on full year, the collection is amounted to Rm 29 billion. With our population of 29 million, everyone of us is paying average of Rm 1000 per year. My family of 5 person, which mean that my bills are Rm 5000 per annum. With expected of collection of Rm 21.7 billion, the increase in government revenue is only Rm 0.69 billion, then why go for GST, you can increase gambling and cigarate duties, the government can get more than the amount.

tonywong8

466 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-10-20 15:27 | Report Abuse

How can lowest income group benefit RM 828 from GST. 2014 BR1M was Rm 650 and next year is Rm 950. The increase is only Rm 300. If based on your figure, the benefit is only Rm 228.

ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2014-10-20 17:11 | Report Abuse

8)The average Malaysian household pays RM 70 per month or 1.9% of income as GST

9) Our research shows that the average Malaysian household is expected to pay RM 70 per month or 1.9% of their income as GST.

532 posts

Posted by 1901 > 2014-10-21 12:08 | Report Abuse

Actually man-on-the-street will only know you are better off or worse off after the implementation started. One thing for sure is that govt will get that 29bil/yr to roll off for few years. Why? they wont pay back the "input/output" tax on time! Based on experience at other countries implementing GST, sometimes you already write-off the tax due (die of waiting) to you in your book and later (many years later) you are surprise to be presented with a tax return cheque from the govt. GST is a way to gather money from the system, and when this failed too after years to come, then they will start to freely print money.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz