8 people like this.

75 comment(s). Last comment by stockoperator 2014-10-26 11:04

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-24 17:58 | Report Abuse

Kc invest for long term in stocks that r fundamentally sound n wants to become a long term shareholder n expect above market dividend yield over time.
Others r just traders but there is a amorphous line between trading, punting or gambling. However in today's society... being called a stock trader or a Swing trader gives one some form of respectability rather than being called an outright gambler

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-24 20:06 | Report Abuse

Agreed.

Too much emphasis on speculative earning by HLG which forms the Basis of valuation. The reports is misguiding to the true value of a company.

Anyhow the investing community has put too much emphasis on Quarterly and yearly earning until it sways the price too much in such a big volatility. Thus create unnecessary fear and greed.

Slowly and eventually, investing public starts to speculate earnings and believe the quarterly earning has the predictive power into the company futures and thus determine the company core valuations.

That is Not totally true.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 00:57 | Report Abuse

stock selection and preference will mostly depends on a person character and personality, comfort zone, risk appetite, competency and investment philosophy and i respect that.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 01:12 | Report Abuse

And if you are a trader be a top one. Please have risk management and money management at all time and I have to respect that as well.

Anyhow, i have yet to see a Good trader that can last long enough.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 01:19 | Report Abuse

Honestly for trading purpose, i can only see a few trading opportunities in a whole year. A good trader will seize that kind of opportunity.

Really A good trade is Only a few time in a whole year ya.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 16:28 | Report Abuse

Lots of investors like to invest in hype, turnaround, transformation, or next big things,or high tech stocks that sometimes we don't even understand the Business. So you see sometimes we are looking for high rate of failure ourselves if not betting our lucks.

A long lasting and boring durable business which has been proven to last in good and bad times which has been Winners all along will Most likely to remain as Winner again and again. You see we are looking for High Rate of Success. A small range of diversification or a small basket of Good Business is a good approach.

Maintaining a such a portfolio should provide a safe net for retirement.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-10-25 20:25 | Report Abuse

See what counters you buy, at KLSE the longer you keep the shares, the more you will lose!

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-25 20:31 | Report Abuse

andychucky28, If you had gone in when the market crashed last week, you will have a different perception as you will be "IN THE MONEY"

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 21:34 | Report Abuse

Surely i can understand the frustration of investing as we can't take control of investment climate, growth rate, inflation rate, long time horizon of investing period and price volatility and speculative nature of market and Sometimes Price does not move for years. What else?

Will all these create confusion and doubt? Yes.

What can we do about all these, Nothing.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-10-25 21:54 | Report Abuse

sunztzhe, going into the market last week and selling this week is not call an investment. It is called trading.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-25 22:04 | Report Abuse

andychucky28, going into market last week to buy undervalued investment stocks and holding it is called "investment"

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-10-25 22:12 | Report Abuse

Sunztzhe, please tell us what counters you can buy last week and hold them for long term? And what are the profit % you can make holding them long them. Most of the KLSE counters are meant for trading.

Do you know that the SHARKS have all our buying information. They know which counters to push and which not to push.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 22:39 | Report Abuse

If investing is participating in a Business of a company, then lets understand:

what kind of business that we are investing into and Why this company is doing better than the rest? It is an important question. Lets give some thought into its business operation efficiency, business philosophy, its Business model and so on.

There you will find something there is different than the rest.

Lets understand the most basic thing first and there is no free lunch ya.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-25 22:47 | Report Abuse

action is all that u need la kawan kawan ...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-25 22:48 | Report Abuse

If you are confident of the intrinsic value of any stocks that you had bought at much lower prices before the market correction, you should buy some more during the market correction as despite the crash the latest low prices during the market correction that one buys is still higher than the original investment cost. So the market correction accords one the opportunity to buy some more at relative lowest price. You will need to worry about SHARKS if you trade with the hi volume speculative counters with the SHARKS but then again the SHARKS can also be your friend .

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-25 23:12 | Report Abuse

friends, if we understand that the most a good business will do is about 10-15% growth rate and improving its margin by a few points, we can't expect a lot of action unless there is change of Business direction.

Also don't get panic easily as Most of time it is Business as usual.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-25 23:28 | Report Abuse

yups : )

Pika Chan

198 posts

Posted by Pika Chan > 2014-10-25 23:36 | Report Abuse

If you are confident of the intrinsic value of any stocks that you had bought at much lower prices before the market correction, you should buy some more during the market correction as despite the crash the latest low prices during the market correction that one buys is still higher than the original investment cost.

I do buy the idea of buying when you have MoS and buy when it is cheap. But I certainly do not buy when the market is under correction or when it is downtrend.

You never know that today, the PE 6 looks cheap or expensive. It's just a number.

A wise investor will take advantage of ups and downs of the market to make profit.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-25 23:38 | Report Abuse

r u pika ? 1770 to 1880 time u ada sapu bo ?

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-25 23:42 | Report Abuse

tat y i say talk doesnt make u rich ... action tat make u a different person ... u take the risk and if mr market agree .. u huat huatttr ... as simple as abc .... dont need fortune teller or crystallball ... action is wat u need ... remember most of the historian now ... just cari makan nia ... and go think y

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-25 23:47 | Report Abuse

call me tj la ... now a day many see market5 got reversal signal then forget wat they talk liau ... i3 is not kopitiam la ... why act like those oldman in koipitiam ? talk for song ka ? ...si kaw si thunn la ..

if any phd holder can beat mr market ... tomorrow i go get 8 or 10 beside me liau la ...still so susa in in out out for wat

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-26 00:25 | Report Abuse

uum uum pika ... Plan your trade, trade your plan. .... LIKE ...

hahahahaa

good luck and happy trading ... wish u huat huat

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-26 00:42 | Report Abuse

if we get to know our company a little bit better and understand its business a little bit better, probably we can plan certain trade.

Probably we can take advantage of certain price action as we understand it. Making decision won't be so ambiguous.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-26 00:50 | Report Abuse

Greedy person cant take advantage of panic selling. A Panic person can't take advantage of break out price.

Well an acute businessman can understand price action much better.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-10-26 11:04 | Report Abuse

Generally investing is most business like. What does it mean?

It is important to get to know the Business that you are Buying into and equivalently important to know the value of the company that you should pay.

I think all stakeholders who are negotiating a business deal, propose a take over, considering a private placement, mulling a management buy out, privatization will share my above thoughts.

If the prevailing market condition is favorable, we also try Not to take advantage of the Buyer so as not to distort the true value of a business.

if the prevailing market condition is Not so favorable, we also try not to take advantage of the Seller for the same reasons.

TQ

Post a Comment
Market Buzz