6 people like this.

75 comment(s). Last comment by JN88 2015-06-05 13:50

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:38 | Report Abuse

To ask people to buy at high level while himself is sitting on hugh paper gain is certainly no angel lah

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:40 | Report Abuse

Got conflict of interest....legally not wrong but morally not right...

heng1991

43 posts

Posted by heng1991 > 2015-06-02 09:40 | Report Abuse

maybe mr koon talking about short term investment (for the coming 2~3 years)..but landbank is limited resource and demand is always there. From my point of view, i c no reason for property price to fall

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:41 | Report Abuse

I oredi told u his investment skill is as good as CPTeh...

Posted by 360Capitalist > 2015-06-02 09:45 | Report Abuse

Hi Murali.. Mr Koon made at least RM80mil to RM100Mil from Supermax alone

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:47 | Report Abuse

Dont know why..just like Calvin, when they got good tips, they bought low low and diam diam n then told everybody how much they made after they sold....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:48 | Report Abuse

But I think that is still ok to boast around...but now no so good loh...ask people to buy high when they wanna sell high (or sold high)

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 09:58 | Report Abuse

Is Koon Koon our Malaysian Warrent Buffet? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......but I personally think he deserves to be Malaysian Ting Hai....He believes whatever he did in I3 is with noble intention, helping people to learn investing etc....

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 09:59 | Report Abuse

Property collapse sooner or later
No one can predict
Hopefully the same cycle in 2008 can repeat

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 10:04 | Report Abuse

But why he keeps on doing the same trick? Asking people to buy VS n Latitude at this level now while he is selling his cheap stocks(or oredi sold high?)

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 10:05 | Report Abuse

Once Koon Koon cease his tricks I shall cease fire...if not pls bear with us (Koon Koon n I)...

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 10:07 | Report Abuse

Of course everyone is worry about it because most people had invested heavily in property
They defend themself even harder if any bad news arise
No matter what they wanna debate about
The time will show us the truth

Posted by 360Capitalist > 2015-06-02 10:08 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr. Murali.. This forum is just for us to share our views. Mr.Koon is not forcing us to buy so don't be so emotional. We must make own decision and take our own risk and not to blame others.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 10:09 | Report Abuse

I had heard recently there is many unsold unit still pricing at a horrible price
Those who purchase recently will be the one who fear the most

densim8

19 posts

Posted by densim8 > 2015-06-02 10:10 | Report Abuse

fortunebullz...how do you derive the Income of Imago Mall of RM 70m ?...It that INCOME NETT ?.....

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 10:24 | Report Abuse

if the klse drop further to let's say 1200 point
I believe most high end property will be traded at big discount

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 10:30 | Report Abuse

Of course for klse to drop to 1200
I can see a lot of stock also will be traded at the even lower
That is all investor loss in the market
Is it the end of the days?
Cash is king!

chyokh

158 posts

Posted by chyokh > 2015-06-02 10:38 | Report Abuse

i don't give a damn if all the property speculators jump from their empty condominiums. they are the scum of the earth and the lowest form of human life.

speakup

25,079 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-06-02 10:52 | Report Abuse

if property sales slow, next to slow are furniture stocks, because furniture stocks are laggard to the property sector. only when property complete will house buyers buy furniture.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 10:53 | Report Abuse

I will feel sorry to my friend who had just purchase a high end condominium of his dream
It cost a million for about 1000 psf
And he think it is a good buy

speakup

25,079 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-06-02 11:06 | Report Abuse

Christensen, if buy to stay is ok, if buy to flip..... sorry lah.

speakup

25,079 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-06-02 11:06 | Report Abuse

last few years, many ppl buy property to flip as if they playing shares.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-06-02 11:47 | Report Abuse

I have keep up with Mr. Koon since JTiasa and Mudajaya! I was sceptical then! You dont't recommend JTiasa if you know palm oil demand and price is weak! You don't recommend Mudajaya when MCA at it's weakest! Recomending VS and Latitud at high price is a big no no to any respectable analyst! And now Mr. Koon can't even tell a tree from a forest when he wrongly quote Asiapac as sole property developer without knowing why the revaluation of Imago mall recently included in it's book! I am sorry Mr. Koon, but you have much to learn!

speakup

25,079 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-06-02 11:55 | Report Abuse

relax! not be too tough on an old man.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2015-06-02 11:56 | Report Abuse

I don't know about other people. But i know from my own experience that when you read and learn from others you need to also think by yourself not plainly only listening to others and follow them. If one just follow others trying to take the easy way without doing own research or study then when you win i say you're lucky. If you lose then I will say you deserve to pay the tuition fee cause one did not make own research and plainly following others only. Always remember different folks have different strokes, in maths there is no same answer for all question just same method for all question. It is the methodology / fundamentals that is important but always in stock people seems to want easy way give me the answer which is the price and end up losing money / paying tuition fee with maybe their life savings.

janeliaw

29 posts

Posted by janeliaw > 2015-06-02 12:04 | Report Abuse

means we should avoid stock like OKA, SCH, Ptaras, Econpile etc??

tksw

12,382 posts

Posted by tksw > 2015-06-02 13:12 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon, Asianpac revaluation, though not a realised profit, but it has reveal the potential earnings from the property concern. The property is an investment property which could generate future income/cashflow. The actual performance is yet to be proven but it is for the investors at large to evaluate the risks and rewards before they buy into Asianpac.

Johnnys

759 posts

Posted by Johnnys > 2015-06-02 13:27 | Report Abuse

I like warning, thanks Mr koon

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-06-02 13:38 | Report Abuse

Murali, seems that you are the very few who manage to see through his tricks and "noble intentions". but they are always ignorant supporters who follow blindly of his articles and 'recommendations'. everytime ppl like us disclose and debunk his "good faith", then he will retaliate and calls us stupid. can't blame KYY for that, if got ppl obstruct ur path to making money, you also hate them right? haha...

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-06-02 13:44 | Report Abuse

ks55, he is definitely not acting in good faith and noble in intentions. those who has followed his movements in Jayatiasa and Mudajaya can predict wats his next move in VS and Lattitude. When he is accumulating, he will be silent. when he accumulated enough at low price, he will be loudspeaker and promote the stock, leaving some crumbs for forumers here to chase after. then he slowly disposes off and leave without a trace. Can't blame him, every man for his own in the stock market. no such thing as "noble intentions". like it was mentioned earlier, legally correct, ethically and morally wrong.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2015-06-02 14:17 | Report Abuse

If you blindly chased and unfortunately got stucked under the wheel think of it as a charity for the scholarship of the other underprivileged students instead as tuition fee. You might feel better that way.

show

331 posts

Posted by show > 2015-06-02 14:38 | Report Abuse

for most people property is the best place to park their money if they are not playing the stock market ( most people do not trust the stock market ). Keeping cash is useless because money becomes smaller every day, so people got no choice but to buy properties. Mr Koon seems to be outdated FD person I supposed.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 14:48 | Report Abuse

How about bought for retirement
However the last resort is still buy for own stay which I think is hilarious

speakup
4724 posts
Posted by speakup > Jun 2, 2015 11:06 AM | Report Abuse

Christensen, if buy to stay is ok, if buy to flip..... sorry lah.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2015-06-02 15:33 | Report Abuse

ya, the unsold condo units will become "build first sell later", 响应政府的号召

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-02 15:44 | Report Abuse

Bro Skyz, I think many of us see through the old man's tricks (who cant?), just I am the only one acting like a broken records, whacking again n again...maybe I love him much more than anyone here....

gungho92

388 posts

Posted by gungho92 > 2015-06-02 15:50 | Report Abuse

true... developers all jump into the bandwagon of property hoohaa! now supply is more than demand ! the property sector wont necessary crush, but definitely will slow down. until small players are shake out, equilibrium will come

Posted by kiasutrader1 > 2015-06-02 16:10 | Report Abuse

It is interesting to note that some of the comments here point to future business of Asiapac - re the Imago Mall. With the GST, consumers are more careful how they spend. Also do you think the mall can afford to charge high rental? Also, Mall operations reported a negative RM4 which is an increase from last year. Property development income is also winding down.

I suggest all to download the recent results of Asiapac and read thru it carefully. Also since all here like to use charts, the gap up the other day was a definite SELL volume. Those who want to see my full report and register as a Club Member at www.kiasutrader.com. Cheers

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 16:22 | Report Abuse

Of course I am starting to become cautious when I see plenty of property unsold
More and more people trying to low ball the property price
They go around and ask the price
And they will do it over and over again for several months
I think many people are well prepared to buy at bargain when the collapse happen

Posted by KongTauMong > 2015-06-02 16:24 | Report Abuse

KYY talk like expert in property. His own area of expertise also down the drain. What happen to mudajaya? What happen to Jtiasa??

limayseng

2,076 posts

Posted by limayseng > 2015-06-02 16:50 | Report Abuse

in total agreement ....just look at Iskandar n all the unsold properties there will show u the right path to take...

Posted by Christensen > 2015-06-02 17:29 | Report Abuse

people has been complaining property is not easy to rent and even harder to sell
Very few people can actually afford to purchase property after the price has been turn two to three fold over the 10 years
How much property will go down so that most of the average people can afford to buy property of their dream?
I personally think property need to go down at least 50% so that people are happy to buy them

AdCool

3,859 posts

Posted by AdCool > 2015-06-02 18:06 | Report Abuse

As long as there is still holding power with support from parents saving and got job on hand, property prices wont go down but sustain at this level. Buyers who bought their properties in 2011, 2012 and 2013 are unable to accept the fact that it is no longer the same. There are no more hot market for properties as the price has increased into a level that not many ppl can afford it.

Anyway, ppl still have saving and job to hold on to the properties. Until the saving is exhausted and the economy get worst due to weakening Ringgit and also the stupid scandal of 1MDB, we may be able to see some correction by then. I don't think this will happen within 2015. Maybe 2016 the earliest.

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-06-02 19:50 | Report Abuse

Don't waste time on non essential

Go Buy Oil & Gas Counters!

The Next Thematic Play in Malaysian Context.

Follow the PATH OF MONEY IN INVESTMENT - Pengerang Rapid will Dish Out Projects over RM100 Billions for Oil & Gas Players.

tksw

12,382 posts

Posted by tksw > 2015-06-02 19:55 | Report Abuse

kiasutrader, you know why Asianpac got 4mil loss on mall operation or not? Dig further before tok. Investment always carry a risk factor. How sure are you the Imago Mall operates by Asianpac is not able to perform in future? As for me, I am never sure, but am taking a risk, then manage it.

show

331 posts

Posted by show > 2015-06-03 08:18 | Report Abuse

let me ask, if don't buy property.. where else can you park your money apart from share market ?

kkng0819kk

1,566 posts

Posted by kkng0819kk > 2015-06-03 15:04 | Report Abuse

Around kota kemunin areas,ppl still queing for ds terrace house for min 1mil each!How many youngsters
can afford to buy without parent 'help.?

kancs3118

2,106 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-06-03 16:33 | Report Abuse

Hi all;
Actually, Mr Koon's article is quite insightful. But then, i need to highlight 2 points:

"It looks like the Board of directors does not know that there is already an oversupply of properties in the market and they do not seem to realize that it will take about 7 years to complete the development of the land before they can see any profit."

(1): Oversupply of properties in the market: There is a shortage of affordable housing in the market. If your counter is like Matrix Concept whereby the price per square feet is at RM7 and they are able to sell at RM40 to RM45 per square feet, then there is nothing to fear. In fact, Matrix Concept is reporting positive operating cash flows every quarter. Actually, now is the best time to buy property counters that have huge tracts of landbank (better still; if they bought it at dirt cheap prices last time). Here, the developers can build their "bread-and-butter" affordable housing to weather through this period of property slowdown.

(2): Takes 7 years to complete the development of the land before they can see any profit: Normally, developers will develop the land by phases and then recognise progressive billings based on percentage of completion on that particular project. Hence, developers will book in the profits throughout the lifetime of the projects. Hence, developers do not need to wait until the end of 7 years to start recognising profits.

In addition, about the pre-sold properties: I concur with Mr Koon that if the condominium was recently launched and if the take up rate is poor, then the developers will be in deep trouble. This is because upon completion of the condominium, there is no buyers and there will be a build up of inventories. This will create a liquidity crunch because the monies are tied up with inventories and to make matters worst, the developers need to continually service the bank loans.

However, if the pre-sold properties has hit about 50% to 60% of the project's GDV, the developer need not fear because they have kind of like break even.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2015-06-03 16:46 | Report Abuse

1mil only, many mid income household can actually afford it (10k ~ 12k) can easily afford it with both working.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2015-06-05 13:39 | Report Abuse

Your rule of thumb for buying house is the same as valuations. It changes overtime depending on GDP and etc. I had made it, others had made it. Yes no doubt its difficult but nothing comes without hardship.
In the past valuation is 12 times, nowadays 18 times and its still going up. There is no right or wrong, just a matter of discipline to get it achieved.
Yes, who wouldn't want to have lower Rule of thumb.
In the past buying house i only need to pay 30x my monthly salary.
Nowadays rising to 100x but do you have a choice if you had nothing to start with?

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2015-06-05 13:50 | Report Abuse

Property price never increase it just ours money keep and keep diluted....

In stock market many are pump and dump counter, in property market many are pump and dump property type such as soho (bad location just like bad counter in stock market).

When slow down property sale, best time for you hunting good property or ur sweet home since it may be under correction period.

PROPERTY is the BEST location TO PART UR MONEY and PROTECT UR MONEY.
PROPERTY STOCK?? hahahaha

Post a Comment
Market Buzz