7 people like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by RicheHo 2015-10-09 10:55

Posted by Dummy Blackie > 2015-09-17 23:40 | Report Abuse

Insas is one of my watchlist :)... it considered as investment co... so the is diversified, inari is one of the best pick of their investment :) besides, the current price is very attractive :P... btw, yr blog dont have follow features... try update so i can follow u kikiki

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-09-18 16:58 | Report Abuse

you own i3 forum icon8888???

Posted by SentulMali > 2015-09-18 17:43 | Report Abuse

Agree totally on Insas. Conglomerates means diversifications but more importantly it also means Jack of All Trades but Master of None.

Posted by warrantKing > 2015-09-18 17:53 | Report Abuse

There are two more types of company we should avoid :
1. Own a lot of cash , but keep in bank for yearssssss. (maybe they can share buyback / expand their business , but absolutely not going for 3.5% interest rate)
2. Good EPS , but did not declare dividend for several years. (Eg. RHB, ALLIANZ and latitude has good EPS , but EXTREMELY low dividend)

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-09-18 20:10 | Report Abuse

The following are also conglomerate :
1)Berkahire Hathaway
2)Genting
3)YTL

1)those who bought and hold these shares since inception already become millionaire -some become billionaire
So it's quite a silly analysis..
It really depend on the profitability and return on equity and revenue growth
Insas is actually not a conglomerate - its an investment company which buy and invest in those company .. Like Inari , syf , hohup etc
2) if the author plot the graph same period. Most of the shares also drop not just this two counter ..
We all know market is not good in 2015- even maybank , am bank ,felda , airasia, and tenaga go down but has since recover a bit ..but look at what happen now to these shares - YES Strong rebound
Another important thing is timing ..
Now it's cheap , that's why both share going up now
When 2weeks ago when its cheap the author of this article shld have bought ..
That's what even warren buffet will do
Look at how these counter has rebounded and I think is still CHEAP at current level
The graph is a bit outdated , now already rebound strongly

Posted by iiinvestsmart > 2015-09-18 21:52 | Report Abuse

Companies with degrowth earnings and management with questionable integrity are red flag signs.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2015-09-20 09:15 | Report Abuse

Why dun u imagine Insas as a closed end fund which is ten times better than Icap, one share of Insas is equal to one share of Inari, not including other asset yet

RicheHo

135 posts

Posted by RicheHo > 2015-09-21 08:37 | Report Abuse

kk123
You are right, the three companies u mentioned above had made a lot of millionaire, but now I am referring to INSAS. So, are you a shareholder of INSAS? You may scroll back to its past 4 to 5 years price chart. From 2010 to mid of 2013, its price is only swinging between 0.4 to 0.6, until it acquired INARI. Now, you compared it with Berkahire Hathaway and Genting? o.O

Yeap agree with you market in 2015 is not good, most of the shares shown a strong rebound after the oil crisis. But, look at INSAS, how it performed?

You might think this analysis is silly, but some of them don't. Compare with others profit making company, it is a fact that its price is not perform well. You might think it is cheap, but for me it's not attractive at all. That's why I said there is no right or wrong.

cheeseburger

2,773 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2015-09-23 19:12 | Report Abuse

this article make sense? Berkshire Hathaway also conglomerate then what?

cheeseburger

2,773 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2015-09-23 19:20 | Report Abuse

diversify in business does not mean no good. It has to look into what kind of business they are holding. Insas gem is Inari stock, which no need to talk more everyone knows.

Posted by Wenyee Chuan > 2015-09-28 01:08 | Report Abuse

good article! keep it up. I will take these as references for my further invest. There is no exactly right or wrong in investment but there is a chance.
For those who know you have known, for those who don't no you will know, for those who known you should know what to know and what to suggest. :)

RicheHo

135 posts

Posted by RicheHo > 2015-10-09 10:55 | Report Abuse

Pro Wenyee Chuan!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz