4 people like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2016-10-13 18:36

Posted by sense maker > 2015-10-30 18:22 | Report Abuse

Perstima's profit is guaranteed by controlled raw material cost pricing from Japan, and the management maintains a reasonable profit margin to keep everyone happy including its largest shareholders from Japan, its main customers of tin can makers, the government and the industry at large. It has a monopolistic power in its industry in Malaysia.

One major factor though all shareholders should bear in mind is a potentially existential threat imposed by China and Korea exporters into Malaysia. Perstima is very efficient in its operation but it also depends on anti-dumping taxes imposed on imports from China and Korea. At one time, the main customers were up in arms wanting to set up its own plant together with suppliers from China, thereby stopping buying from Perstima, when Perstima raised its selling price. The customers want government to scrap the anti-dumping taxes on Korean and Chinese imports.

I would expect some upside from its operation in Vietnam but so far it falls a bit short of expectation.

Perstima has been around for very long and the price did not shoot up to RM8 for the reasons mentioned above. It is a good or even top dividend stock as long as the status quo remains vis-à-vis the anti-dumping issue with Chinese and Korean import into Malaysia.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-30 19:39 | Report Abuse

sense maker,

Long time no see. Thanks for your valuable input.

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2015-10-31 03:02 | Report Abuse

in 90s soh chee wen goreng it. 97 98 hurt pretty badly but it remains the only tinplate maker, profitable usualy. surprised that it stil caught ur eyes , even with the threat of viet,china

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-10-31 05:35 | Report Abuse

This article is written merely for sharing of investment knowledge and opinion. It does not constitute a buy, or sell call for any stock. Please do your homework before acting. DON FOLLOW BLINDLY without TRUTHSEEKING first LOL

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2015-10-31 12:40 | Report Abuse

Frank - A Good and Timely reminder. Can't agree with you more. Cheers !

Posted by Alex Chin > 2015-11-01 07:37 | Report Abuse

A good dividend stock can give you more than 7% dividend yearly and the beauty is every quarter the company will issue dividend to shareholders. That mean you will be expecting to receive at least 4 times dividend every year.

Dividend stock lovers will like to receive dividend every quarter like collecting property rental.

You should be able to find one in Bursa if you do your homework.

In the KLSE context, try look for growing stock that can give you at least 20% to 50% growth within 3 to 6 months. I guess these are all investors are try to look for :)

Work hard to increase your knowledge, learn from world No.1 is the key to success.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-11-01 08:52 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the analysis on this good dividend stock. But I agree with sense maker that its superior numbers are the result of its monopoly in Malaysia. As it is, there is a groundswell of discontent from can makers accusing perstima of over pricing its products. There are talks about ganging up to set up a plant to break its monopolistic hold but so far nothing came out of it after 2 years. Perstima is also protected by the government's anti dumping duties which can change very quickly.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-11-01 12:51 | Report Abuse

Wowy

Posted by digiuser016 > 2015-11-02 13:48 | Report Abuse

hi kcchong how do you determine the growth rate for this company ? thank you

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-11-02 19:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by digiuser016 > Nov 2, 2015 01:48 PM | Report Abuse

hi kcchong how do you determine the growth rate for this company ? thank you

The growth rate determination is an art because it is about forecasting the future. If you are interested to invest in a stock, use conservative assumptions, and if you still find a wide margin of safety, it is probably a good investment.

Azura11

27 posts

Posted by Azura11 > 2015-11-13 08:37 | Report Abuse

hi kcchongz, may I know your email? is it this one ckc14training@gmail.com?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-11-13 09:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by Azura11 > Nov 13, 2015 08:37 AM | Report Abuse

hi kcchongz, may I know your email? is it this one ckc14training@gmail.com?

Yes, or this one

ckc14training2@gmail.com

Azura11

27 posts

Posted by Azura11 > 2015-11-13 09:55 | Report Abuse

didn't expect to get a reply so soon, as I thought most sifus are quite busy haha,

thanks for the prompt reply! ^^

anyways, i've sent an email to this email already ckc14training@gmail.com

Hope you can take a look :)

Posted by Dennis Tan > 2016-10-13 18:27 | Report Abuse

Dear KC, I'm read about your sharing about the DDM or intrinsic value. I try to use count the P vga but couldn't get the amount of RM3 or 300sen. Shall I put r&g, value to in percentage. Kindly advise.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-13 18:36 | Report Abuse

r = 8%,
g= 5%

Post a Comment
Market Buzz