8 people like this.

49 comment(s). Last comment by stockmanmy 2016-12-01 14:42

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-11-29 10:33 | Report Abuse

KC,
now you are back on the right path.knowledge sharing ,fair and unbiased
forgive me to express my view frankly, the article title " another lesson from Gadang" I feel itis biased and unfair. not a comprehensive analysis of your usual style. you talked about gadang deceiving growth but you did not offer any good explanation.
I dare not ask because I know you may answer "can't you read from the article" or "I do not owe you any explanation".
you are a well accepted and respected sifu ,if you are willing to share your knowledge and your view, then I believe you will not feel annoyed to explain if requested

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-29 10:58 | Report Abuse

KC,
now you are back on the right path.knowledge sharing ,fair and unbiased
forgive me to express my view frankly, the article title " another lesson from Gadang" I feel itis biased and unfair. not a comprehensive analysis of your usual style. you talked about gadang deceiving growth but you did not offer any good explanation.
I dare not ask because I know you may answer "can't you read from the article" or "I do not owe you any explanation".
you are a well accepted and respected sifu ,if you are willing to share your knowledge and your view, then I believe you will not feel annoyed to explain if requested

"can't you read from the article" or "I do not owe you any explanation".

The above answers were given to those who asked abusive questions or made abusive statement such as these:

[Posted by Xuewen > Nov 27, 2016 03:27 PM | Report Abuse
KC
If you know Gadang is a good for nothing company , highly overvalued
Why you tell the story now but not when the price is still hot above 3.00 like you have done for VS?
Am I not right to call you horseback canon sifu

Posted by paperplane2016 > Nov 28, 2016 11:56 PM | Report Abuse
The thing is this when stock going up, someone will claim credit. When down, someone will said when did I recommend you to buy, buy at own risk. I only analyze for you. I never said good or bad. Deny everything if going against him or her .
That typical politicians!!!
Now thinking about tht , kyy not really tht bad at all even though he calls ppl stupids. At least he will openly admit he is wrong and ask ppl sell. He is mOre noble lah.]

You know I have been sharing for years in i3investor, spending lots of time and effort. Do you think I should like before sit down in front of computer and spend hours and answer their abusive questions politely and patiently? Gosh not me. I am not a saint.

As for Gadang, try to understand what I was trying to share. Someone said FA is useless, and I am trying to say that you could see some concern for Gadang's results, its poor cash flows. Try analysing its cash flows last year, and also the past few years then you understand what I am trying to convey to you, instead of saying i am trying to create fear. I am also telling you it is dangerous to follow others who especially has a lot of money to dispose,with heavily borrowed money, to buy the shares he keeps on promoting. Because when things turn the other way, he will dump the shares like no tomorrow, and you will suffer.

I have no motivation to create fear. I am giving you some facts and figures for you to ponder and study in detail, hopefully you will see something which may be important. But whether you want to accept my view or not, which may not turn out true too, is entirely up to you.

In investing, only hear things you like to hear, is not good.

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-29 11:01 | Report Abuse

stress free? impossible

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-11-29 11:07 | Report Abuse

The only stress free investment is : high dividend gem, but many con-pant don't want to give dividend, instead give false prosperity
:)
We should propose all company to pay dividend

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-29 11:08 | Report Abuse

tot stress free=cash, FD below 250K covered by PIDM.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 11:21 | Report Abuse

Not true.

Every thing said in this article not true.

Buy and hold a selected portfolio based on the best ability is no guarantee of success.

One financial crisis can take you back to the beginning.

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-29 11:38 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, it is still better than investing kyy stocks mentioned above. no need to wait financial crisis, anytime can wipe u out.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 11:48 | Report Abuse

jason................

KYY is 83, around for many crisis.

Universities and Index Fund Managers try to convince you that knowledge and skills no use.....no better than a monkey throwing darts......and if you are following the news.....the Index Fund Managers are winning hearts and minds and pockets.

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-11-29 11:50 | Report Abuse

KC,
You gave a general statement of negative cash flow of gadang for some of the years, did you explain where the cash was spent. Did the company debt keep increasing . Did you provide any fact and data the company is burning cash? Did you provide such fact and data ? NO !
Unbiased? Fair to those who had invested based on the FA may be learnt from you?
Hope this does not sound offensive to you .
Thanks

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-11-29 11:55 | Report Abuse

You talked about Gadang deceiving growth. What and where is your fact and data. Are you going to ask me to read the article again? Or are you going to tell me you do not owing me and readers here any explanation

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-29 11:58 | Report Abuse

Posted by bintang21 > Nov 29, 2016 11:50 AM | Report Abuse
KC,
You gave a general statement of negative cash flow of gadang for some of the years, did you explain where the cash was spent. Did the company debt keep increasing . Did you provide any fact and data the company is burning cash? Did you provide such fact and data ? NO !
Unbiased? Fair to those who had invested based on the FA may be learnt from you?
Hope this does not sound offensive to you .
Thanks

"Fair to those who had invested based on the FA may be learnt from you?"

Young man, please bear in mind. I truly don't owe you so much explanation. As a matter of fact, anything at all. And also bear in mind,nobody owes you anything in this world.

And I am not a saint.

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-11-29 12:02 | Report Abuse

So it is the you answer when you can not explain your nonsensical view?

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-11-29 12:04 | Report Abuse

Very sad...
A well accepted and respected sifu can behave such low class

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-29 12:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Nov 29, 2016 11:21 AM | Report Abuse
Not true.
Every thing said in this article not true.
Buy and hold a selected portfolio based on the best ability is no guarantee of success.
One financial crisis can take you back to the beginning.

"He is one of the most influential investors based on his 5 decades long performance from 1955, returning 20% per year, almost three times the 7% return of the S&P during the same period. If you placed $1000 investment with Scholss in 1955 for 50 years, your $1000 turned into $9.1m, 300 times more than the just $30000 from the return of the broad market!"

"That $1,000 invested in 1964, when Buffett took over the company and shares cost just $19, would be worth about $11.5 million dollars today. This is equivalent to a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 20% for a long period of 51 years."

"In 1985, Greenblatt started a hedge fund, Gotham Capital, with $7 million. Through his firm Gotham Capital, Greenblatt presided over an impressive CAGR of 30% from 1985 to 2006. The $7 million capital turned into $1.7 billion 21 years later."

These are all publicly available information. Not true?

Can you show me the super investor in your mind his record in the last 20 or 30 or 50 years record and see if he can smell anyone's fart above?

Don't just talk empty!

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-29 13:07 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, he is 83 but still making simple mistake, asking ppl to chase high with margin. all above example show the fact that you really got burnt.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 13:13 | Report Abuse

KC

I cannot say one cannot learn any thing from great books, and great investors but I dare say it is not sufficient to guarantee success.

Even the great Warren Buffett says people are better off placing money in Index Funds than in the hands of the best Hedge Funds / Stock picker that can be found. ......that surely suggest skills and knowledge go up in smoke.

But I also have a few points that I firmly believe...........

- that contra kaki sure die

- that risk and rewards are inseparable twins but only side will reveal itself at any moment. It is just like the quantum theory

- that FA and TA combined but without a good business sense is next to useless

- that you cannot make big money without big positions and hold it long enough and you can also die trying.

- that the winners are living a blessed life. And who can determine who lives a blessed life? who live a cursed life?

Is knowledge and skills a necessary and sufficient condition ?

Is knowledge, skills and financial intelligence a necessary and sufficient condition?

I do not think so

That is because I see lots and lots of billionaires who are definitely less knowledgeable, less skillful and with less financial intelligence than I have.

So, who becomes the blessed? Who becomes the cursed?

Ask God.

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-29 13:21 | Report Abuse

well, using historical doesn't guarantee same will happen. every crisis is different.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 13:25 | Report Abuse

funny but true

finance professors never become rich

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-11-29 13:57 | Report Abuse

accountants also seldom make money

they too focus on minute details

engineers do well as investors. KC and KYY are good examples

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-11-29 14:03 | Report Abuse

Just teasing you lah, don't be mad

Long time no see, happy that you are back

I missed your packets of wisdom , despite the Poh lan pah ....

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 14:03 | Report Abuse

I hv no idea how koon did in hk stock mkt years ago. But i dont think he did very well in bursa prior to second half 2014. After second half 2014 he did very well till now thanks to koon bee.

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 14:04 | Report Abuse

Jason33,the old man didnt make mistakes.those were his traps.

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 14:06 | Report Abuse

He bought his stocks at low prices using margin ac n he came out to promote at high prices encouraging people to buy n use margin ac to buy his shares

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-11-29 14:08 | Report Abuse

I concur with murali's view... Errr I mean Charles

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 14:13 | Report Abuse

If i m not mistaken koon confessed that he buta buta hentam hk shares in 1989 n made his first barrel of gold fm stock mkt....at certain extent i think he is like malaysia Ting Hai....buta buta hentam buta buta kaya..lol

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 14:16 | Report Abuse

But he did make a smart move in 2014 appointing few guys to manage his funds knowing that luck alone may not ensure consistency in making profit fm stock mkts....eventually he chosed otb n thats y we have koon bee....

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-29 14:17 | Report Abuse

Ting Hai!! classic hk drama..

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 14:54 | Report Abuse

Bull market everyone is a Hero.

lets see who survives a Bear maul.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 15:11 | Report Abuse

Share investment is not an easy game

But learning is a joyful and rewarding experience.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-29 15:16 | Report Abuse

Ting Hai died young

But Forest Gump had a long blessed life

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 15:18 | Report Abuse

Ting Hai where got die young?but all his son die...

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-29 15:19 | Report Abuse

U never watch this tv series?

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-29 17:04 | Report Abuse

he force his sons jumping off the building, ting hai the old, ego, stubborn man end up in prison if i remembered correctly.

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-29 17:23 | Report Abuse

Ding Hai lah. not ting hai

Posted by Tryingtogetrich > 2016-11-30 12:40 | Report Abuse

KC, u r doing a good job..... i have learned a lot from your posting in i3..... i am also an avid value investor...there is no substitute to hard work in share investment...however there r numerous websites now providing financial metrics ie roic,roe,ev etc of companies..... r they reliable ? is it advisable to use the numbers provided?

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2016-11-30 12:45 | Report Abuse

Stress free? What a misleading article. There is no such thing as stress free in investing. Many people say buy more when it drop more. It is easier said than done my friend. I would love to see how will you react when your stocks drop 50% with nonreasons and no more cash to add.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-30 13:06 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tryingtogetrich > Nov 30, 2016 12:40 PM | Report Abuse
KC, u r doing a good job..... i have learned a lot from your posting in i3..... i am also an avid value investor...there is no substitute to hard work in share investment...however there r numerous websites now providing financial metrics ie roic,roe,ev etc of companies..... r they reliable ? is it advisable to use the numbers provided?

I am glad you like what I write.

I guess you may use those metrics from the various website as initial assessment. It may be advisable to go deeper by looking at their financial statements and evaluate yourself as financial statement interpretation is often different from different people, especially things like ROIC and EY of a firm.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-30 13:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by Flintstones > Nov 30, 2016 12:45 PM | Report Abuse

Stress free? What a misleading article. There is no such thing as stress free in investing. Many people say buy more when it drop more. It is easier said than done my friend. I would love to see how will you react when your stocks drop 50% with nonreasons and no more cash to add.

Misleading? What is misleading?

What has stress free investing to do with your statement below?

"Many people say buy more when it drop more. It is easier said than done my friend. I would love to see how will you react when your stocks drop 50% with nonreasons and no more cash to add."

My article doesn't tell you to buy more when the share price drop until you pok kai. Does it?

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2016-11-30 13:14 | Report Abuse

Long time never commend on Coastal Contract. Just find out only worth RM 1.28, meaning someone will lose RM 2 if bought in 2015.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-30 13:19 | Report Abuse

Posted by donfollowblindly > Nov 30, 2016 01:14 PM | Report Abuse
Long time never commend on Coastal Contract. Just find out only worth RM 1.28, meaning someone will lose RM 2 if bought in 2015.

You are the most unlucky person in the world I have ever known. I have written tens of stocks published in i3investor and you choose to buy one of the very very few stocks of mine which gone wrong. And the rest on average have made more than hundred percent in less than 4 years.

It is a six sigma event of following blindly.

Sorry, you only have yourself to blame for not doing the homework, but follow blndly.

Try harder next time.

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-12-01 08:25 | Report Abuse

Hi kc would u feel stress when answering those hard headed questions? LOL

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-01 12:42 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Nov 29, 2016 01:25 PM | Report Abuse
funny but true
finance professors never become rich

Most finance professors are not very rich, but they are doing much better than the average investor and those who criticize them.

None of them got bankrupt investing, I think.

I can at least think of a couple of finance professors who become very rich frominvesting, I mean Billionaires in USD such as Joel Greenblatt and Josef Lakonishok. Many more are multimillionaires from investing.

What is your basis of saying that they never become rich? Not richer than you?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-01 12:48 | Report Abuse

in that case, there are billionaire finance professors....I didn't know that.........

I vaguely remembers Nobel prize winning Finance Professor go bankrupt in LTCM case

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-01 12:54 | Report Abuse

I have decided to repost this

Posted by stockmanmy > Nov 29, 2016 03:11 PM | Report Abuse X

Share investment is not an easy game

But learning is a joyful and rewarding experience.

i

just to make sure you know I am not here to break your rice bowl....but hopefully for the students to take learning journey as a joyful experience and rewarding experience of and by itself.

Share investment is not an easy game .....and only those who take the learning experience and the journey as a joyful experience can succeed.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-01 12:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by bracoli > Dec 1, 2016 08:25 AM | Report Abuse
Hi kc would u feel stress when answering those hard headed questions? LOL

No lah bracoli,

On the contrary, most of the time I enjoy it. Too bad when I present truth and facts, they lari already.

But they will come back, whenever they find opportunity to pounce on me. That is ok.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-01 13:13 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 1, 2016 12:54 PM | Report Abuse

just to make sure you know I am not here to break your rice bowl....but hopefully for the students to take learning journey as a joyful experience and rewarding experience of and by itself.

Share investment is not an easy game .....and only those who take the learning experience and the journey as a joyful experience can succeed.

Your statement above becomes more sensible.

But please note that teaching people how to do the proper way of investing is not my rice bowl. Those who are willing to learn FA will benefit from learning and will be alright in their investment, at least they will avoid being eaten by sharks.

But it is not easy. Few people invest using FA because they do not believe in it, for example you are one. Despite I have given you all the evidence, and my own experience in i3investors, you still go around shouting FA doesn't work, and only the vague apa ini "business sense" works, without any evidence.

Yet a lot less people are willing to spend time and effort to learn about FA.

No wonder 90% of retail investors lost money in the stock market.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-01 13:27 | Report Abuse

KYY has very rudimentary knowledge of FA but a strong business sense.
Seems to work fine for him....for for all the billionaires the world has seen.

Call it Forrest Gump effect, call it blessings, call it luck , call it what you want.

a rudimentary knowledge seems like a necessary and sufficient condition for some blessed people.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-01 13:44 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 1, 2016 01:27 PM | Report Abuse
KYY has very rudimentary knowledge of FA but a strong business sense.
Seems to work fine for him....for for all the billionaires the world has seen.
Call it Forrest Gump effect, call it blessings, call it luck , call it what you want.
a rudimentary knowledge seems like a necessary and sufficient condition for some blessed people.

So are you admitting that apa ini business sense works is just like a coin flipping exercise; blessing, luck?

If that is the case, how can you say having some rudimentary "business sense" is suffice for investing success?

By the way, you haven't proved what your statement said yet with published records yet.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-01 14:42 | Report Abuse

Too much knowledge is not always a winning formula.
Hillary lost to Trump

Winning big needs some self confidence

The problem with academicians is that world is too complex and academicians may not be able to drag themselves out to woods....see too much can become paralyzed by analysis

Or for some FA experts......they become computers themselves, formulas man but wrongly analyses the underlying factors behind the figures.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz