8 people like this.

102 comment(s). Last comment by stockmanmy 2017-01-08 23:53

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 12:21 | Report Abuse

Fa is the foundation.Without a strong fountain,the building could collapse easily.
Ta is the technique to build a building faster.Without ta,fa wud still survive but the building would be built slower.
Market experience is what would make fa and ta work best.
If one has been thru 1993-1994,1995-1996,1999-2000,2007-2008...what else has one not seen.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 12:21 | Report Abuse

Good thing Master OTB has spoken the gospel truth...investment must have FA mah....!!

Raider hope, people do not get mislead....Investment it is not business sense without FA mah....!!

FA is business sense loh!! Hope people understand this loh...!!

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 12:27 | Report Abuse

Coldeye put it best.
A stock has 2 engines,one is its fundamentals and the other is market sentinment.Get it right and you would outperform.
For me,fa alone is never enough.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 12:30 | Report Abuse

After all that is being said,i do respect KC for his unselfish and generous sharing of his knowledge.I3 is fortunate to have you KC Chong.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 12:32 | Report Abuse

Cold eye also mentioned, if u can invest at least 3 years with property, why can't u invest 3 years on Equity leh ?

More Monies are make longer term on good stocks, than hit and run mah..!!!

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 12:34 | Report Abuse

Stockraider,everyone has his own style to suit his own personality.
What is good for you maybe too boring for me :)

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-01-08 12:34 | Report Abuse

KS 55, proceed with caution is the theme of this year? Remain invested, add no new money into the stocks current portfolio. Accumulate cash from dividend n saving?

With such, u get a upside if market run rampant north up still this year. If collapse, top up.

Get a feel of bursa market currently. Low range IPO issuance in fy2016. Low foreign holding. Attractiveness in USD term for bursa. Most situations pessimistic. No orgasm n just die?

On the other hand, global negative news are everpresent. Your says?

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2017-01-08 13:02 | Report Abuse

1. U can choose FA for its foundation and carry forward long term. But Gtronics, FLBHD broke down some time ago, why?
2. U can choose TA if you want quick entry and quick exit.
3. U can be more cautious and need "business sense" to check what happen currently and its implication in future eg Trump factor, cyclic stock w climate factor, government policy etc.
U can choose 1 & 3 for long term, 1& 2 for short term or 1,2 &3 for long/short term.
The choice is yours.
As long as u make $$; white cat black cat the one that catches the mice is a good cat.
Your take?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 13:07 | Report Abuse

Rchi,

Fair comment loh, but still it is right way to invest mah...raider introduce a safe and steady way to make monies...no matter how boring loh...!!

It is up to the reader on attitude to learn and accept or reject mah..!!

Stockwatch

100 posts

Posted by Stockwatch > 2017-01-08 13:14 | Report Abuse

This year will be like any other way except more volatile.The ringgit has now no direct correlation with the price of crude oil even though OPEC has now reached production cut consensus.The direction of the ringgit is the key factor like it or not.FA alone can not be the only instrument to make profits.Bursa Malaysia is now no more the same animal we saw in the 1990s with the stocks making new highs on a daily basis.To have a 3 year time frame to make a hefty gain based on FA alone is way behind time.You need to use also FA to have timing and move in and out of the stocks ie. swing trading and I am not recommending day trading.

The odds are against one if you just wait for the market to collapse like our dear I Capital guru Tan Teng Boo who had predicted the market collapse some 5 years ago.Yet if you are smart enough you would have ride on the export related sector.Yet he kept his huge cash hoard and bought only some notable ones like Padini,Parkson ,Boustead because he claims to be a student of Warren Buffett.He missed out on the strongest swings on the strongest sectors!!!! and On the other hand if you buy on fundamentals if the market collapse you would have to wait for a 3 year cycle before you sell the stock because of expensive PER.In the meantime you collect dividends but if you are lucky if you buy British American Tobacco but hey have you heard they are quitting Malaysia and setting up shop in Indonesia?Where is the next BAT..take a bet on GLCs?

The dividends you collect in the meantime is just pittance.If you are retired you would claim tax set-off but now with the single tier dividends you are highly respected because you pay taxes to the government and not get any tax set-off.Which brings to the irony that it is better to beg for BRIM and that is a better dividend payout twice a year and on time without going through AGMs.

With high cost of inflation and shrinking value of ringgit going just on the FA way is just adding negative returns to you ringgit if you take a 3 year time frame.You just need to add another tool ie. TA which is relevant as Bursa Malaysia is now morphed differently now and not even an old bull..it should be retired and graze it the fields.Those who ride on the retired bull in the field are like the ones going for a joy ride..ie. TA players who go for the joy ride knowing that the momentum and play is only a small window to make money in the market.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 13:16 | Report Abuse

Stockraider

I appreciate your input.Maybe it is a bit boring like KC,but it is genuine and it works.I3 is fortunate to have you too.
I am pretty good myself but i am forever open to improve my technique.
To me,stocks investing/trading is a hobby rather than work.
And most importantly this hobby pays me very well.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 13:21 | Report Abuse

What to do, when world monies is cheap leh?
Safe Monies in FD give 3% to 4% pa....so if u r...daring, u need to look at alternative loh.....!!

The best return....can be found where....people fear most loh..!!
But fear bcos perceive high risk loh....!!
But whether...the perceive risk is real...or not....that call for research and facts to confirm and uncover the perception is wrong mah...!!

Thats how u make monies loh...!!
U make monies on fear mah...!!

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-01-08 13:28 | Report Abuse

My final say on this topic...

For newbies,learn FA first.Build the foundation,with a strong foundation then only you can think of how many stories you want to build.
In universities,they teach FA in the bachelor degree course,not TA.
However,they do teach TA in postgrads courses.
Above all,Market Experience reigns supreme.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 14:04 | Report Abuse

well, Hibiscus, Reach and SK Petrol definitely shows the futility and wrong headness of FA in choosing opportunities.

after all, who actually keeps the same share for 5 years?

5 days get out of here already.

5 weeks would be excellent

and 5 months is the rare real sifu.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 14:07 | Report Abuse

Above all,Market Experience reigns supreme.
Nothing to replace experience and history lessons.

If I want to employ a Fund Manager, I will employ a history graduate, one who is interested in history over an accountant, over an engineer.

abangadik

2,305 posts

Posted by abangadik > 2017-01-08 14:15 | Report Abuse

hahaha.. hold 5 days got 5 days strategy, 5 months got 5 months strategy, 5 years also got 5 years strategy. If don't know how to make money each type then plenty strill to learn. Whatever it is, if a person thinks only his way of investment is best than that person definitely is noob.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 14:24 | Report Abuse

In whatever area of expertise, there is a tool set
a good carpenter relies on appropriate tools
a bad carpenter blames his tools

More so in the area of share investment
Where 99% of the outcome is because of the behavior of the person and 1% is on the shares bought.

Where everyone uses the same tool set, or pretends they use the same tool set. From the part time housewife who asks for the eps and PE of the companies to the Warren Buffett wannabes..I think Stockmanmy is the only one who questions the appropriateness of the tools employed.

Stockmanmy has never written any book and no author has ever written from Stockmanmy perspective.

Never mind, there is always a first time.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2017-01-08 14:40 | Report Abuse

Don't worry about bear

Invest wisely by not picking crap stocks (so that don't go Pn17 during difficult time)

One day the bear will come

It is ok, let him do whatever it wants

The key is not to give up. Follow through the bear cycle and keep on trying.

One day it will hit rock bottom.

The market always come back, you will make back your money. It will be more than before the bear cycle. This is because you will have plenty of opportunities to benefit from rotational plays while everybody is so scared by the bear until they are numb. You throw money to them also they scare to pick up

Bear is great great great opportunity to make a lot lot lot money. I repeat : the key is to follow through the whole cycle and don't give up

This is based on my 1997 experience

p/s : bear last for at most 2 to 3 years. Market always come back

Posted by ks55 > Jan 8, 2017 12:23 PM | Report Abuse

Make tons of money in bull but lost all in bear. Does it make sense?

More thoughts should be given as how to keep your profit from the bull market while waiting for opportunity in the bear. How to do it should be your concern.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 14:48 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 > Jan 8, 2017 02:40 PM | Report Abuse

Don't worry about bear

============

I agree. I have finally graduated from the worrier category to the smarter category.
This year, I will be trying some thing I have never done before.
I will be 100% invested at all times,..and if I want to buy some thing, I will have to sell some thing.
This way, I have my portfolio always pruned, always having the best probabilities and always ready to go.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2017-01-08 14:49 | Report Abuse

When you are big, you don't play hisbicus, reach, etc

Those stocks are for RM100k portfolio

When you are big, you forego those stocks and go for safety and quality. You can't afford the risk

If you are wrong with your RM100k portfolio and it shrinks 50%, you loss 50k. No big deal

If you are wrong with RM10 mil portfolio and shrink 50%, you loss RM5 mil. That is an entirely different concept

p/s : I am not implying I am big

Posted by stockmanmy > Jan 8, 2017 02:04 PM | Report Abuse

well, Hibiscus, Reach and SK Petrol definitely shows the futility and wrong headness of FA in choosing opportunities.

after all, who actually keeps the same share for 5 years?

5 days get out of here already.

5 weeks would be excellent

and 5 months is the rare real sifu.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2017-01-08 14:53 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, let me teach you how to overcome stock market anxiety

You just don't look at it

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2017-01-08 14:57 | Report Abuse

If choose Puncak and Shell last 2 years what is the returnleh?

Posted by stockraider > Jan 8, 2017 01:07 PM | Report Abuse

Rchi,

Fair comment loh, but still it is right way to invest mah...raider introduce a safe and steady way to make monies...no matter how boring loh...!!

It is up to the reader on attitude to learn and accept or reject mah..!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 15:01 | Report Abuse

IF U CHOSE SHELL...AND BOUGHT LAST MONTH....DURING SELLOFF U MAKE MORE THAN 100% ANNUALISED MAH....!!

ANYHOW...THIS IS JUST A SIMPLE EXAMPLE LOH....!!

IN STOCKMARKET....IF U CAN MAKE DOUBLE DIGIT EVERY YEAR CONSISTENTLY FOR SAY 8 YRS...U ALREADY THE 3% INVESTOR IN MSIA LOH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:05 | Report Abuse

yes, I definitely watch less Bloomberg, CNN and BFM already especially after Trump won the elections. I just cannot bear to watch any Trump related news.

Icon8888 > Jan 8, 2017 02:53 PM | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, let me teach you how to overcome stock market anxiety

You just don't look at it

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 15:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Jan 8, 2017 03:05 PM | Report Abuse

yes, I definitely watch less Bloomberg, CNN and BFM already especially after Trump won the elections. I just cannot bear to watch any Trump related news.

YA LAH....WHAT IS THE USE...U COME TO I3....EVERYDAY....BLAH...BLAH..BLAH ....EVERYDAY SURE AFFECTED LAH..EVEN WORSE THAN WATCHING CNN, BLOOMBERG AND BFM EVERYDAY MAH....!!

SO NO USE LAH...YOUR REMEDY OF NOT WATCHING NEWS LOH...!

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2017-01-08 15:13 | Report Abuse

Someone who always deleted his posts not qualified to talk big. If invest in BIMB-W also lose over 60% past 2 years.

Posted by Juice Tomato > Jan 8, 2017 03:04 PM | Report Abuse
For this year long challenge, Bimb pass my FA,TA and VA requirement! Bimb is definitely stock that going to breakout soon! My minimum target is 6.00! It's a no brainer!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:14 | Report Abuse

more people should point out value traps.

I am strongly in favor of people writing about value traps.

We have limited capital. Every purchase is opportunity cost . More people should write about value traps because everyone wants to be Value Investor.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 15:19 | Report Abuse

THERE IS NO VALUE TRAP IN REAL LIFE IF U INVEST PROPERLY...IT IS WHETHER U MAKE A MISTAKE BUYING AND HOLDING OR NOT MAH....!!
IF U THINK MAKE A MISTAKE....U JUST SALE LOH...!!
IF U THINK IS NOT A MISTAKE...THEN CONTINUE TO HOLD LOH...!!

CUT LOSS OR CLEAR MISTAKE...IS PART OF INVESTMENT, DO NOT REFUSE TO CUT LOSS, WHEN MISTAKE AND CALL IT VALUE TRAP MAH...!!

heeln22

5 posts

Posted by heeln22 > 2017-01-08 15:20 | Report Abuse

You are referring to KCChongnz and Icon8888 right?

KCChongnz recommend buy call on Bimb Wa at 0.68
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/49210.jsp

Icon888 recommended buy call on Bimb Wa at 0.42
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/icon8888/78939.jsp

Posted by donfollowblindly > Jan 8, 2017 03:13 PM | Report Abuse

Someone who always deleted his posts not qualified to talk big. If invest in BIMB-W also lose over 60% past 2 years.

Posted by Juice Tomato > Jan 8, 2017 03:04 PM | Report Abuse
For this year long challenge, Bimb pass my FA,TA and VA requirement! Bimb is definitely stock that going to breakout soon! My minimum target is 6.00! It's a no brainer!

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2017-01-08 15:23 | Report Abuse

Right. It seem not only I am the only want to know it. That's why Juice Tomato keep promoting BIMB because he invested in BIMB-W.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:36 | Report Abuse

Raid

Value traps are easy to define.

These are so called clear value propositions traded at discounts to so called true or fundamental values but you touch, you die.

Traps countless numbers of value investors, die already still don't know why die.

heeln22

5 posts

Posted by heeln22 > 2017-01-08 15:39 | Report Abuse

We know you hate KCChongnz since day one.

Posted by donfollowblindly > Jan 5, 2017 04:54 AM | Report Abuse

kcchong 42? No wonder KYY said kcchong only good at wanting to sell his investment product but not doing well to make money. KYY is proven very rich but how rich is KC who keep trumpet his co called high return investing?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 15:39 | Report Abuse

RAIDER SAYS KC IS A REAL SIFU ON BIMB..!! WHY ??

" A case study on BIMB Wa

BIMB Holdings Berhad is engaged in the Islamic banking, Takaful and others such as investment holding, currency trading, ijarah financing, stockbroking and unit trust. Its share price has dropped from a high of closed to RM5.00 six months ago to RM4.23 now, mainly due to its poorer performance for its final quarter result ended 31st December 2013 resulting from a one-off tax charge of dividend income. Its full year result remains unchanged with earnings per share of 24 sen.

With its recent acquisition of 49% equity interest in Bank Islam, it is expected that there will be substantial increase in earnings in the future. CIMB gave it a target price of RM5.45 a month ago.

BIMB and its warrant, Wa closed at RM4.23 and 66 sen respectively on 28th March 2014. The exercise price of Wa is RM4.72 and the expiry date is on 4th December 2023, or in nine and a half years time. The warrant is hence way out-of-the-money with zero intrinsic value. The premium now is 27% [(0.66+4.72)/4.23-1]. The value of Wa is purely in its time value, a value which is considerable due to its long expiry date. The gearing is 6.4 times (4.23/0.66) which is reasonably high and hence attractive. Hence Wa appears to be a good alternative in investing in the business of BIMB.

Black-Scholes Option Pricing

With the underlying share price at RM4.23, exercise price of RM4.72, 9.7 years to maturity, a dividend yield of 1.7%, risk-free rate of 4% and a historical volatility of BIMB at 29.5%, the option value of Wa is RM1.41. This shows Wa at 66 sen, is apparently trading at 53% undervalued."

RAIDER COMMENT;
KC PUT IN AN INVESTMENT OF RM O.66...TO CONTROL AN INVESTMENT OF RM 4.23....ALTHOUGH RIGHT NOW IT IS RM 0.28....BUT STILL GOT ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO GO B4 EXPIRY LOH...! THE BLACK SCHOLES FORMULA HAD FAILED THIS TIME

I THINK NOT END OF THE WORLD YET BCOS STILL GOT LONG TIME LOH...!!
NOW AT RM 0.28 MAYBE...IT IS EVEN A MORE INTERESTING BUY ?

heeln22

5 posts

Posted by heeln22 > 2017-01-08 15:41 | Report Abuse

You must be hating KCChingnz 24/7

Posted by donfollowblindly > Oct 15, 2016 10:16 PM | Report Abuse

Agree. Condemning is his motive. KC also a lot of Holland counters. Pls refer to my past posts. If he is really good he must be very rich and no need to beg people "joining his course for a fee" in his numerous blogs.

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2017-01-08 15:42 | Report Abuse

Because he also good at attacking others through his blogs. If he is Buddhist this is called karma.

heeln22

5 posts

Posted by heeln22 > 2017-01-08 15:43 | Report Abuse

Is that you KYY?

Posted by donfollowblindly > Jan 8, 2017 03:42 PM | Report Abuse

Because he also good at attacking others through his blogs. If he is Buddhist this is called karma.

heeln22

5 posts

Posted by heeln22 > 2017-01-08 15:44 | Report Abuse

Happy 84th birthday to you KYY

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-08 15:47 | Report Abuse

U ONLY GIVE 1 EXAMPLE OF KC FAILURE....THIS IS NOT FAIR COMPARISON MAH...!
WHEN KC HAVE COMMENTED AND GIVE EXAMPLE OF AT LEAST MORE THAN 10 SUCCESSFUL PICK MAH....!!

NOW SURELY IN INVESTMENT...U SOMETIME, U MAKE MISTAKE MAH...!

SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT FAIR AND UNREASONABLE LOH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:51 | Report Abuse

I will not buy BIMB and its warrant because it does not comply with the second part of my 3 parts evaluation namely.....business, then people then numbers.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:56 | Report Abuse

In evaluating bank shares, people then becomes number one because there is nothing else to fall back on.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 15:59 | Report Abuse

blind blind

It is not fair to dig up old history because all recommendations come with expiry life and things change.

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2017-01-08 16:01 | Report Abuse

Are you sure only 1? How abt Coastal Contract, FL Bhd, Maybank C-6, MRCB-W?

Posted by stockraider > Jan 8, 2017 03:47 PM | Report Abuse

U ONLY GIVE 1 EXAMPLE OF KC FAILURE....THIS IS NOT FAIR COMPARISON MAH...!
WHEN KC HAVE COMMENTED AND GIVE EXAMPLE OF AT LEAST MORE THAN 10 SUCCESSFUL PICK MAH....!!

NOW SURELY IN INVESTMENT...U SOMETIME, U MAKE MISTAKE MAH...!

SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT FAIR AND UNREASONABLE LOH...!!

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-01-08 16:33 | Report Abuse

Icon can further elaborate your 1997 experience? It will be of great learning for newbie like me...

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-01-08 22:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by donfollowblindly > Jan 5, 2017 04:54 AM | Report Abuse
kcchong 42? No wonder KYY said kcchong only good at wanting to sell his investment product but not doing well to make money. KYY is proven very rich but how rich is KC who keep trumpet his co called high return investing?

Everybody's needs and wants are different; some like it to be very rich, but some are happy just to do good to the society by teaching some valuable knowledge.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-01-08 22:20 | Report Abuse

Posted by rchi > Jan 8, 2017 12:27 PM | Report Abuse
Coldeye put it best.
A stock has 2 engines,one is its fundamentals and the other is market sentinment.Get it right and you would outperform.
For me,fa alone is never enough.

Posted by rchi > Jan 8, 2017 12:30 PM | Report Abuse
After all that is being said,i do respect KC for his unselfish and generous sharing of his knowledge.I3 is fortunate to have you KC Chong.

rchi,

Thank you very much.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-01-08 22:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by donfollowblindly > Oct 15, 2016 10:16 PM | Report Abuse
Agree. Condemning is his motive. KC also a lot of Holland counters. Pls refer to my past posts. If he is really good he must be very rich and no need to beg people "joining his course for a fee" in his numerous blogs.

Wow, I didn't know you follow so blindly that the way you write also mimic so closely to your idol.

By the way, I have told you before I have never invested in the Amsterdam Stock market before.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-01-08 22:27 | Report Abuse

Show please!

But make sure you understand what is deliberating about n issue, and what is personal attack.

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2017-01-08 23:43 | Report Abuse

Icon8888
Would you consider dataprp a crap stock?

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2017-01-08 23:44 | Report Abuse

Kcchong
Would like your view on dataprp as well

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-01-08 23:53 | Report Abuse

in1792

re dataprep, what do you expect from a fundamentalist ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz